• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Questions:

1. Is there a way to stop EmailToCase agent from creating task when a case is created?

2. Is it possible to configure EmailToCase to pull email from more than one folder in a mailbox?

~Anu

• September 02, 2005

Hi,

We are thinking of using EmailToCase Agent and we were wondering about how this application should run in the background (it can't be a scheduled task?). Is it just clicking the bat file?  What happens when server is to be rebooted? 

Readme.txt has following:

To run the Email Agent now, on win32 you can use the supplied bat file
  email2case.bat and the agent will start polling your mail servers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

• September 02, 2005

Hi,

We have requested the reload of test instance and later in the day we found the our production system was slow.  Did this happen since we requested for reload of test instance?  How does Salesforce does reload test instance and backup database requests?  Would it be best to do test instance refreshes later in the day?

Please advice on this.

Anu.

• May 12, 2005

Hi,

I am using sforce api 'Search' function to search leads and contacts based on their email address.

SearchResult sr = sfdc.search("find {" + searchString + "} in ALL fields returning lead(id),contact(id,accountid)");

If searchstring has "-" ex: anu@anu-company.com  the search fails with malformed query error.

Is there a solution around this?

I am using C#.

Thanks in Advance,

Anu

• April 12, 2005

I am trying to insert Cases using sForce API(Using C#).  The insert is failing because I am setting the ClosedDate.

Following is the actual error I am getting:

"Unable to create/update fields: ClosedDate. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile."

The profile I am using have permissions to everything and has "Edit Read only fields" option checked.  How do I make this field writable.

Thanks in advance.

Anu

• March 22, 2005

I have a list of IDs which holds IDs of Contacts or Leads.  I would like to search for Lead and Contact using the list of IDs and the depening upon the return record type I want to add to Lead or Contact array list.

record = Search in Lead or Contact tables where ID = {ID from the list}

if record type = Lead then LeadArrayList.add(record)

if record type = Contact then ContactArrayList.add(record)

Thanks in advance.

Anu

• February 24, 2005