• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have several custom record types for our Salesforce lead/contact objects. I'm interested in setting the record type to be one of these different values when feeding data from different forms into Salesforce. Can someone direct me to the API calls or provide a code snippet that I could use for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • February 22, 2008
I'm trying to download via the API, about 250 MB worth of attachments that our support team has attached to cases to free up some space. The files have different formats like jpeg, doc, xls, etc. I looked at the API. The Body and Name fields in the Attachment object seems to have what I need to create the object locally. However, I don't know what the next step should be to convert it from byte[] to the final object on disk locally. I'm using C#, Visual Studio 2005, .Net Framework 2.0. Can some one point me to some sample code/documentation in this regard?

Thanks in advance!

• January 12, 2008

I am trying to assign tasks to a group of users. I would like for the tasks to be evenly distributed amongst this group of people automatically.

How do I go about achieving this? Do I need to assign the ownerID of the task to be the groupID? Or should I create an assignment rule and use the assignmentID as the owner ID?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• March 02, 2005

I'm a newbie to SalesForce (in fact this is my first post). So please forgive me if I'm asking something that has been asked several times before.

I'm trying to experiment with the API (connecting to sforce) and would like to have SForce fields set up so that it looks exactly like the SalesForce our sales people are using. Unfortunately, several fields get added or removed every day from different objects (accounts, contacts, etc). It is impossible for me to keep track of all the changes to keep these two in sync.

My question is: I know that you can export the WSDL which contains all the field information (along with several other pieces of information). Is there someway I can export this from SalesForce and import this into Sforce? Or is there another automated way of doing this?

Or do I just need to connect to the SalesForce service, query for all the tables and fields, turn around, connect to the SForce service, and then insert or delete those fields from the Sforce side? If so, I know how to get access to the fields (DescribeSObjectResult). Is there some API call to insert these fields into SalesForce? An example would be very much appreciated.

• February 09, 2005
We have several custom record types for our Salesforce lead/contact objects. I'm interested in setting the record type to be one of these different values when feeding data from different forms into Salesforce. Can someone direct me to the API calls or provide a code snippet that I could use for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • February 22, 2008

I am trying to assign tasks to a group of users. I would like for the tasks to be evenly distributed amongst this group of people automatically.

How do I go about achieving this? Do I need to assign the ownerID of the task to be the groupID? Or should I create an assignment rule and use the assignmentID as the owner ID?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• March 02, 2005

I'm a newbie to SalesForce (in fact this is my first post). So please forgive me if I'm asking something that has been asked several times before.

I'm trying to experiment with the API (connecting to sforce) and would like to have SForce fields set up so that it looks exactly like the SalesForce our sales people are using. Unfortunately, several fields get added or removed every day from different objects (accounts, contacts, etc). It is impossible for me to keep track of all the changes to keep these two in sync.

My question is: I know that you can export the WSDL which contains all the field information (along with several other pieces of information). Is there someway I can export this from SalesForce and import this into Sforce? Or is there another automated way of doing this?

Or do I just need to connect to the SalesForce service, query for all the tables and fields, turn around, connect to the SForce service, and then insert or delete those fields from the Sforce side? If so, I know how to get access to the fields (DescribeSObjectResult). Is there some API call to insert these fields into SalesForce? An example would be very much appreciated.

• February 09, 2005

I am trying to diagnose a problem with a login call from an ASP.NET application.  When I call login I get a connection is teminate "Could not establish secure channel for SSL" error.

The code works from several different networks, but not the one in question, where we want to run the code from.

The IT group says they've removed all proxies and firewalls.  Any ideas on how to get more detailed information, or suggestions on what might be causing this?

• January 19, 2005