• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

After several years, our salespeople are now consistently using SF.com to log all their tasks and activities with their contacts. They click the Send an Email button to send an email to their contact and create a completed task. Now here's the problem. Instead of logically defaulting to a Type of Email, it creates the task with a default Type value of blank. I asked SF.com how to customize that and was told this was intentional and could not be customized (which frankly defies belief). I was told the best solution would be to create a custom button that did create the task with a value of Email.

So that being said, what's the best way to clone this functionality and create a custom button? I'm not seeing an obvious way to do this either.

• October 29, 2009

I have been unable to ascertain how to use the Excel Connector to turn 15 character IDs in an Excel spreadsheet into 18 character IDs, which is something I read was possible on a forum post. I've watched the videos and searched the forums. I know the function "FixID" is involved, but I'm unable to make it work. I've installed the toolkit and correctlt installed the connector, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Could someone please dumb this down for me with step by step instructions?

• February 17, 2009

One thing I constantly struggle with is applying validation rule and workflow logic to match real life financial and sales requirements. The Help section is adequate for learning the basic language to all basic functions, but like a high school algebra textbook, the examples are usually too basic for what I need to do.

Is there a respository somewhere of suggested validation and workflow rules to meet real world business needs so I don't have to ask for help writing each one as they come up?

• February 13, 2009
I'm wondering if someone can help me determine if this is possible, and if so, how to achieve it.

I want to write a validation rule that will disable a salesperson's ability to edit that opportunity once they've saved it with a stage of "closed". Can this be done? I can restrict access on an individual field level but I'm not seeing how to prevent them from making any edits whatsoever to a closed opportunity.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • March 18, 2008

Hi All,

While trying to synch my offline edition with Salesforce.com, I see the Unhandled exception in renderPage: Subscript out of range error.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any ideas on how to resolve / troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

I have been unable to ascertain how to use the Excel Connector to turn 15 character IDs in an Excel spreadsheet into 18 character IDs, which is something I read was possible on a forum post. I've watched the videos and searched the forums. I know the function "FixID" is involved, but I'm unable to make it work. I've installed the toolkit and correctlt installed the connector, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Could someone please dumb this down for me with step by step instructions?

• February 17, 2009

One thing I constantly struggle with is applying validation rule and workflow logic to match real life financial and sales requirements. The Help section is adequate for learning the basic language to all basic functions, but like a high school algebra textbook, the examples are usually too basic for what I need to do.

Is there a respository somewhere of suggested validation and workflow rules to meet real world business needs so I don't have to ask for help writing each one as they come up?

• February 13, 2009