• 100 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We keep bumping up against the field limit on the Account Table object and are in the process of doing a major reorganization of the data. We will be migrating the data for about 50% of the fields to a custom object.

But I would like to keep some fields the same on both objects so that the data does not get entered twice and out of sync.

For instance, on the Account table we have a picklist for Internet Banking Vendor and we will have that same field on the Custom Object as well.

How do I keep them the same without manually maintaining them?

• September 03, 2010

We want to start doing an auto-numbering of our opportunities but want to customize the convention.

We have different types of agreements - Contracts(CON, Subsequent product orders (SPO), Amendments (AMD) and would like to have the numbering be prefaced with the agreement type 3 letter code.

I figure the code can be a custom field that is determined by the Agreement type selected. But then I want to concatenate that three letter code with an auto-numbering.

I really do not care about the numbers, as long as the end result is unique -  not repeated.

So it could be CON00000000001, SPO00000000002, CON00000000003, AMD00000000004   and so on.....

Thanks for your ideas.

Jane

Has anyone built something to require the user add an item into a custom object in order to save an opportunity?

Currently we have our opportunity owners enter the fees for an opportunity into what we call revenue bucket fields. We distinguish between the fees for products that we built and products that we resell (third party products).

In some opportunities, we are selling more that one Third Party vendor's products and today we cannot identify how much is related to each vendor. We need more insight into that. 

So when the opportunity picklist field "Third Party Vendor" displays "Multiple," I want to require that the opportunity owner has to enter something into a custom object that break out the fees by individual third party vendor. Each specific vendor will be a new item in the related list.

Can someone help me with the rule (if it can be done)

Not sure why this Validation rule is not working. I want to make sure that they enter the name of the Alliance Manager if the BU Opportunity Type is "Referral to Third Party Vendor" but it is not working.

Here is the formula:

AND

(ISPICKVAL( BUOpportunityType__c , "Referral to Third Party Vendor"),

ISPICKVAL( Alliance_Manager__c, " " ) )

Any ideas?

We use a lookup  (parent/child) relationship on opportunities that are "attached" to other opportunities. I need to have a formula field on the Parent Opp that sums a currency field (Total Contract Value) from each of the Child Opportunities.

The child opportunities are not Custom Objects so it appears that Roll-up summaries will not work.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks,

Jane

• November 11, 2009
I have a picklist with three options:

"Requested by Sales Ops"
"Successful"
"Failed"

I am trying to create a validation rule that prevents this from being changed if it already is listed as "Successful".

Here's what I have so far but it kicks in regardless of the change in the field - not just when it already shows "Successful".

NOT(AND(ISCHANGED( Opp_FMS_Integration__c ),
ISPICKVAL( Opp_FMS_Integration__c , "Successful")))

Any suggestions?

Jane
  • September 08, 2009

I amtrying to prohibit saving an opportunity when the Agreement Type is an SPO and there is no Peoplesoft Client ID indicated. The Agreement type is a picklist field and the Peoplesoft Client ID field is a text field.

I created the formula and received no errors with it as written. problem is, it is not working. I can save my test opp even when it should not let me.

What am I missing?

Here is my code:

AND
(
(PeopleSoft_ID_Number__c = " "),
ISPICKVAL( AgreementType__c , "SPO")
)

Thanks,

Jane

• August 26, 2009

I cannot use Multi-Currency on this so am looking to update a percent field based on the Close Date Fiscal Quarter and year.

If the Close date is in Q1 09, the percent is 0.81

for Q2 09 it is 0.86

for Q3 09 it is 0.88 and so on.

I have tried using Case but I can only get that to work based on the month. How do I include the year as well?

Any suggestions?

Jane

CASE(MONTH(CloseDate ),
1, 0.81,
2, 0.81,
3, 0.81,
4, 0.86,
5, 0.86,
6, 0.86,
7, 0.88,
8, 0.88,
9, 0.88,
10, 0.88,
11, 0.88,
12, 0.88,
0.0)
  • August 05, 2009

I need to make the Salutation field (Mr. Ms. Mrs, Dr. etc) required on contacts but the field does not show up on the page layout to make it required.

So I thought about doing a validation rule that it cannot be empty but since it is a picklist, I get stuck on the ISPICKVAL thing.

Its probably real simple - can someone open my eyes for me?

Thanks,

Jane

I am trying to make a numerical field required when an opportunity reaches one of 10 stages but I keep getting a Syntax error saying that it is missing a closing parentheses somewhere.

Can someone point out how to correct this?

Thanks so much!

Jane

AND(
(ISNULL(Overall_TCV_Discount__c )),
(IF
(OR
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "4. Proposal Submitted"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "5. On-site presentations/demos"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "6. Reference/OSI Corporate site visits"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7. Business Issues/Terms resolved"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "8. Committee recommends OSI resolved"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "9. Contractual Issues / Terms"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "10. Decision maker verbal approval set"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "11. All approvals recvd/close date"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "12. Signed Contract Recvd"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "13. Closed Won")
)
)
)

I need to figure out a way to make my team identify a primary contact for their opportunities once they reach a certain stage. Early stage opps will not require them because they are too early in the sales cycle.

But once they get to Stage 3 or higher, I want to require them. They have to be present so that when we generate the sales order form, it knows which contact to indicate on the form. Some of my reps are adding the contact manually on the form after it is generated - but that means there is no one identified on the Opp in SFDC, which is where it should be.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jane

I want to make sure that when an opportunity reaches a certain stage, that a Primary Contact is identified. However, when I go in to build the Validation rule, this table (Contacts Role) is not available to me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jane

I need to add one more thing to this formula - it should only apply for opportunities with a Close Date in 2009. We have a different margin for 2008. How do I append this formula to include that?

Sorry about the &quot-winking faces - they are really close quotes and a close parentheses.Not sure how to prevent their display in this forum.

Thanks,

Jane

if(
     or(
         ispickval( Product_Line__c ,"Internet - ASP")
         ,ispickval( Product_Line__c ,"Internet - Digital Insight")
        ,ispickval(Product_Line__c ,"Internet - In-House")
        ,ispickval(Product_Line__c ,"Lending - Commercial Velocity")
        ,ispickval(Product_Line__c ,"Lending - Consumer Streamlend")
        ,ispickval(Product_Line__c ,"Lending - Consumer Velocity")
        ,ispickval(Product_Line__c ,"Lending - Velocity Conversion")
     ), 0.38
,if(
    or(
      ispickval(OSI_Business_Unit__c ,"INTL")
      ,ispickval(OSI_Business_Unit__c ,"OSC-BSG")
    ), 0.30
,if(
    or(
       ispickval(OSI_Business_Unit__c ,"CSG Bank Acct Mgmt")
       ,ispickval(OSI_Business_Unit__c ,"CSG Bank Sales")
      ,ispickval(OSI_Business_Unit__c ,"CSG CU Acct Mgmt")
       ,ispickval( OSI_Business_Unit__c ,"CSG CU Sales - Major")
    ), 0.35,0.20
)
)

• February 26, 2009

I built an sControl that operates my New Sales Opp button to create new opportunities and prepopulate fields from the Account Table into the Opportunity. It works great except when the name of the Account has an apostrophe in the name, such as People's Credit Union. Then it just goes to a blank page.

My workaround has been to take out the apostrophe in the account name.

However, there are a few other accounts where I cannot figure out why it does not work - all I get is a blank page. There is no punctuation in the name or anything I can see that would cause it not to work.

Please help!

Here is my code:

<script language="javascript">
<!--

function redirect()
{
{
var redirectString = '/006/e?retURL=%2F001%2Fo
&00N60000001NLgS={!Account.OSI_Client__c}
&00N60000001cIWR={!Account.RFG_Strategic_Advisor__c}
&00N30000000vIfp={!Account.Core_Data_System_Install_Type__c}
&00N60000001NvR4={!Account.FMS_Integration__c}
&00N60000001dIdw={!Account.SSG_Client__c}
&00N60000001MG9v={!Account.Raddon_Client_ID__c}
&00N30000001APP5={!Account.Core_Contract_Exp_Date__c}
&00N30000001APbW={!Account.Regional_Account_Manager__c}
&00N30000001AaDU={!Account.Client_Agreement_Numb__c}
&00N30000001Bldu={!Account.Peoplesoft_Acctg_No__c}
&00N3000000091y9={!Account.Assets__c}
&opp4={!Account.Name}
&00N30000000k5v2={!Account.Number_of_MembersCustomers__c}
&00N3000000091y8={!Account.CoreSystem__c}
&00N30000000sHGJ={!Account.Core_Account_Manager__c}
&00N60000001MS1j={!Account.Digital_Insight_Rep__c}
&00N60000001eUvJ={!Account.OSI_ACH_Invoicing_Information__c}
&RecordType=012600000004v9b';
}
parent.frames.location.replace(redirectString);
}

redirect();

//-->
</script>

• February 23, 2009

I built an sControl that operates my New Sales Opp button to create new opportunities and prepopulate fields from the Account Table into the Opportunity. It works great except when the name of the Account has an apostrophe in the name, such as People's Credit Union. Then it just goes to a blank page.

However, there are a few other accounts where I cannot figure out why it does not work - all I get is a blank page. There is no punctuation in the name or anything I can see that would cause it not to work.

Please help!

Here is my code:

<!--

function redirect()
{
{

&00N60000001dIdw={!Account.SSG_Client__c}

&00N60000001MG9v={!Account.Raddon_Client_ID__c}

&00N30000001APP5={!Account.Core_Contract_Exp_Date__c}

&00N30000001APbW={!Account.Regional_Account_Manager__c}

&00N30000001AaDU={!Account.Client_Agreement_Numb__c}

&00N30000001Bldu={!Account.Peoplesoft_Acctg_No__c}

&00N3000000091y9={!Account.Assets__c}

&opp4={!Account.Name}

&00N30000000k5v2={!Account.Number_of_MembersCustomers__c}

&00N3000000091y8={!Account.CoreSystem__c}

&00N30000000sHGJ={!Account.Core_Account_Manager__c}

&00N60000001MS1j={!Account.Digital_Insight_Rep__c}

&00N60000001eUvJ={!Account.OSI_ACH_Invoicing_Information__c}

&RecordType=012600000004v9b';
}
parent.frames.location.replace(redirectString);
}

redirect();

//-->
</script>

• February 23, 2009
I want an email alert to be triggered when the Stage is Closed Won and the field Total Contract Value (TCV) has changed.

Here is what I built:

AND
(
ISPICKVAL( StageName , "13. Closed Won"),
IsChanged( Total_Contract_Value__c )
)

However, it is triggering an email when fields are changed that do not affect the Total Contract Value field are changed and I only want to be notified if the TCV has changed.

Any ideas?
  • November 13, 2008
I want to send an email thanking the Primary Contact on an Opportunity when we mark the corresponding Opportunity Closed Won. But I don't see that object (Opportunity Contact Role) as an option when setting up the email alert.

Any suggestions?

Jane

• October 24, 2008
I want to create a formula the enters a the following percentage based on a picklist (default is 20) unless the product line is one of those specified.

OSI Business Units (picklist)

CSG Bank Acct Mgmt34

CSG Bank Sales34

CSG CU Acct Mgmt30

CSG CU Sales - Major30

INTL30

IPTG Acct Mgmt15

IPTG Sales15

OSC-BSG30

OSC Core AM30

All Others20
except when the opportunity is for one of these Product Lines
Product Line (picklist)

Internet - ASP40

Internet - In-House40

Lending - Commercial Velocity40

Lending - Consumer Streamlend40

Lending - Consumer Velocity40

Lending - Velocity Conversion40

Here's what I have tried so far:

IF(ISPICKVAL(OSI_Business_Unit__c , "CSG Bank Acct Mgmt", "CSG Bank Sales",34, 20),
IF(ISPICKVAL(OSI_Business_Unit__c , "CSG CU Acct Mgmt", "CSG CU Sales - Major","OSC-BSG","OSC Core AM",30, 20),
IF(ISPICKVAL(OSI_Business_Unit__c , "IPTG Acct Mgmt", "IPTG Sales",15, 20), 20),
IF( ISPICKVAL( Product_Line__c ,  "Internet - In-House", "Internet - ASP", "Lending - Consumer Streamlend", "Lending - Consumer Velocity", "Lending - Commercial Velocity","Lending - Velocity Conversion", 40, 20),20)
)
)

but I keep getting syntax errors - can someone show me how to write this?

• October 03, 2008
I need to create a workflow rule to alert a Business Unit Manager if the stage has changed on any of his 3 teams' deals for either of 2 specific types of Opportunities.

So there are 2 "OR" statements using PickVals. One is to determine if the Business Unit is one of his and another to determine if the Opportunity Type is one of two he wants to be alerted on.

And then I want the statement to be true if the Stage in one of these opps changes.

Here's what I came up with, but the syntax is wrong:

And(
OR(IsPickVal( BUOpportunityType__c ,"New Core Sale"),( ISPICKVAL( BUOpportunityType__c ,"Migration from Legacy Core"))),
OR(IsPickVal( OSI_Business_Unit__c  ,"CSG CU Sales - Major"),( ISPICKVAL( OSI_Business_Unit__c   ,"CSG CU Sales SME")),(OSI_Business_Unit__c , "OSC-BSG")))),
IsChanged(StageName)
)

Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks so much,
Jane

• September 22, 2008

We are a nonprofit organization, using the Salesforce Volunteer Management application with some customization. Our goal is to be able to send a mass email to volunteers  (currently have look up relationship with contacts) with a particular skills or other information provided in a field to register for a Volunteer Event, which involves a second object called Volunteer Participant. We are using Form Assemble and an email template with merge fields providing information about a specific volunteer opportunity- this is successful when you send an individual email. The challenge is when you have to send out 40 to 60 individual emails- very time consuming.

Can this be done?

It was suggested we use cross object formulas between a custom object and contacts. Anyone willing to provide input and assistance with this?

Ellen

Has anyone built something to require the user add an item into a custom object in order to save an opportunity?

Currently we have our opportunity owners enter the fees for an opportunity into what we call revenue bucket fields. We distinguish between the fees for products that we built and products that we resell (third party products).

In some opportunities, we are selling more that one Third Party vendor's products and today we cannot identify how much is related to each vendor. We need more insight into that. 

So when the opportunity picklist field "Third Party Vendor" displays "Multiple," I want to require that the opportunity owner has to enter something into a custom object that break out the fees by individual third party vendor. Each specific vendor will be a new item in the related list.

Can someone help me with the rule (if it can be done)

We use a lookup  (parent/child) relationship on opportunities that are "attached" to other opportunities. I need to have a formula field on the Parent Opp that sums a currency field (Total Contract Value) from each of the Child Opportunities.

The child opportunities are not Custom Objects so it appears that Roll-up summaries will not work.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks,

Jane

• November 11, 2009
I have a picklist with three options:

"Requested by Sales Ops"
"Successful"
"Failed"

I am trying to create a validation rule that prevents this from being changed if it already is listed as "Successful".

Here's what I have so far but it kicks in regardless of the change in the field - not just when it already shows "Successful".

NOT(AND(ISCHANGED( Opp_FMS_Integration__c ),
ISPICKVAL( Opp_FMS_Integration__c , "Successful")))

Any suggestions?

Jane
  • September 08, 2009

I amtrying to prohibit saving an opportunity when the Agreement Type is an SPO and there is no Peoplesoft Client ID indicated. The Agreement type is a picklist field and the Peoplesoft Client ID field is a text field.

I created the formula and received no errors with it as written. problem is, it is not working. I can save my test opp even when it should not let me.

What am I missing?

Here is my code:

AND
(
(PeopleSoft_ID_Number__c = " "),
ISPICKVAL( AgreementType__c , "SPO")
)

Thanks,

Jane

• August 26, 2009

Trish Perkins at FaithAction International House here, running the Nonprofit (Enterprise) Edition of SF.

I'd like to use the Excel Connector with my sandbox just to play with bulk data upload in the latest version of organizations (accounts) and contacts and converting leads to contacts. 

I put "test" before salesforce in the url. 

I logged in with my username and password. Nope. I added my security token. Nope. I tried backing out to start over and now I'm getting a whole rash of error messages. Could somebody just walk me through getting IN? 

Trish Perkins

pperkins@faihouse.org

336-379-0037

I'm trying to set up an Opportunity validation rule, whereby if "Closed Lost" is selected from the Stage picklist, a specified custom field (Reason) must be completed. 

I set up the formula as follows:

AND (

ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed Lost"),

ISNULL(Reason__c))

No errors are found, but I do not get an error message when selecting this criteria.

Also, can validation rules be specific to certain record types only?

Thanks for your help!

• August 07, 2009

I cannot use Multi-Currency on this so am looking to update a percent field based on the Close Date Fiscal Quarter and year.

If the Close date is in Q1 09, the percent is 0.81

for Q2 09 it is 0.86

for Q3 09 it is 0.88 and so on.

I have tried using Case but I can only get that to work based on the month. How do I include the year as well?

Any suggestions?

Jane

CASE(MONTH(CloseDate ),
1, 0.81,
2, 0.81,
3, 0.81,
4, 0.86,
5, 0.86,
6, 0.86,
7, 0.88,
8, 0.88,
9, 0.88,
10, 0.88,
11, 0.88,
12, 0.88,
0.0)
  • August 05, 2009

I need to make the Salutation field (Mr. Ms. Mrs, Dr. etc) required on contacts but the field does not show up on the page layout to make it required.

So I thought about doing a validation rule that it cannot be empty but since it is a picklist, I get stuck on the ISPICKVAL thing.

Its probably real simple - can someone open my eyes for me?

Thanks,

Jane

I am trying to make a numerical field required when an opportunity reaches one of 10 stages but I keep getting a Syntax error saying that it is missing a closing parentheses somewhere.

Can someone point out how to correct this?

Thanks so much!

Jane

AND(
(ISNULL(Overall_TCV_Discount__c )),
(IF
(OR
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "4. Proposal Submitted"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "5. On-site presentations/demos"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "6. Reference/OSI Corporate site visits"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "7. Business Issues/Terms resolved"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "8. Committee recommends OSI resolved"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "9. Contractual Issues / Terms"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "10. Decision maker verbal approval set"), (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "11. All approvals recvd/close date"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "12. Signed Contract Recvd"),
(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "13. Closed Won")
)
)
)

I need to figure out a way to make my team identify a primary contact for their opportunities once they reach a certain stage. Early stage opps will not require them because they are too early in the sales cycle.

But once they get to Stage 3 or higher, I want to require them. They have to be present so that when we generate the sales order form, it knows which contact to indicate on the form. Some of my reps are adding the contact manually on the form after it is generated - but that means there is no one identified on the Opp in SFDC, which is where it should be.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jane

Please help!

Here is my code:

<!--

function redirect()
{
{