• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi
Has anyone else had issues with doing an export and then trying to open using excel. The export works fine and I can see the file but as soon as I try to open it using excel it does nothing.
Any advise gratefully received.
Thanks
Liz
  • January 26, 2006

Has anyone encountered character changes on importing using the connector tool?

Example as shown below 

GÃ?¶teborgs Hamn AB should be Göteborgs Hamn AB 

Any help greatly appreciated.  I have just started using Data loader so hope not to encounter the same problems.

Cheers

Liz

• August 08, 2005

Just select either option and the save and then amend it.  You can then remove/add months, change amount etc.

Hope this helps.

Liz

• July 04, 2005
I used to be able to change the Account Owner (Record Owner) using Sforce Connector, however the field doesn't appear to be extracted anymore.  Could you advise the best way to change the Account Owner now - I use this for multiple changes across multiple owners. Thanks
  • June 13, 2005

Hi

I have at last managed to download sforce explorer but I am not an IT developer and would like to know if there are some layman's instructions. I use Sforce connector a great deal but need to expand it's functionality.  If someone could help it would be great.

Thanks

Liz

• March 21, 2005

Is anyone using this feature in SF.com.  We have had the feature enabled because our company is split into Divisions.  The US are currently using the system and now EMEA is going on line.  Unfortunately when I try to upload data marked for import to EMEA, it overwrites/appends data to records in another Division. 

The US have some accounts with the same Company Name (which happens with multinational companies) as EMEA accounts and when we upload data, it appends the contact information and fills in any blanks on the existing record with details from the uploaded data.  This should not happen, the duplicate company names have different addresses for starters, and the whole purpose of Divisions is to prevent this from happening!

Any ideas?  Anybody else had this or a similar problem? Have reported to SF.com but getting frustrated with long response times.

Ian

Has anyone encountered character changes on importing using the connector tool?

Example as shown below 

GÃ?¶teborgs Hamn AB should be Göteborgs Hamn AB 

Any help greatly appreciated.  I have just started using Data loader so hope not to encounter the same problems.

Cheers

Liz

• August 08, 2005
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to report in someway on reports utilization gloablly, by user, by date....

Thanks in advance

Hi

I have at last managed to download sforce explorer but I am not an IT developer and would like to know if there are some layman's instructions. I use Sforce connector a great deal but need to expand it's functionality.  If someone could help it would be great.

Thanks

Liz

• March 21, 2005