• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

Under accounts, there is the "partner related list", which displays associated opportunities. The only thing missing here for my client is the size of the opportunity.

It does not seem to be possible to edit this list, so I am thinking about creating a custom related list that does that.

Is there a way to do this without using the API? I created a new custom object through the general user interface, but am not sure how I can attach/relate objects to it, and assign fields, etc.

Would anybody know the answer, or be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dan

• August 03, 2005

Hello,

I have a customer who does not have the API (he cannot afford it). We are looking into building some functionality for him that would ordinarily require the API.

Is there a way to use the sforce OfficeConnector toolkit as an API without requiring Windows or Office?

Thank you very much,

Danny

• August 02, 2005

Hello,

Under accounts, there is the "partner related list", which displays associated opportunities. The only thing missing here for my client is the size of the opportunity.

It does not seem to be possible to edit this list, so I am thinking about creating a custom related list that does that.

Is there a way to do this without using the API? I created a new custom object through the general user interface, but am not sure how I can attach/relate objects to it, and assign fields, etc.

Would anybody know the answer, or be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dan

• August 03, 2005

You are welcome to download a preview version of the OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce.com. It is available at:

http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com/support/SalesF-Files-Index.asp

The preview version allows READ access (SELECT) from Salesforce. It will expose all the objects you have acess to, including any custom objects/fields you have added. Please try it out and give us your feedback.

Using the OpenAccess ODBC Driver for Salesforce allows any application or development tool that is able to access data from databases like SQL Server and Oracle to access your data at Salesforce.com.

OpenAccess Team
http://www.OpenAccessSoftware.com