• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I had someone develop an sControl a while ago that recently began generating a security error.  The error is just a warning in the Firefox browser, but in IE7 the sControl fails completely.  This is likely very simple, but since I'm not a developer, I don't know what to fix.

The error in Firefox reads, in part:  You have attempted to establish a connection with "www.sforce.com". However, the security certificate presented belongs to "www.salesforce.com".

Can anyone point me in the right direction for what I need to change in the sControl to correct this issue?

Thanks!
  • May 09, 2008
Greetings--

With the Winter 07 release of Salesforce, I was excited about the promised ability to access quota information via the API.  I'm wondering if the Excel Connector will be allowing us to take advantage of that new capability any time soon, or if it already does?  I've got to enter monthly quotas for our our reps soon, and it's a pretty tedious task to do manually!

If not via the Excel Connector, anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks!
Dan
  • February 05, 2007
I am trying to run various reports that would get the OpportunityLineItem with the Product name.  But the Product ID in the OpportunityLineItem table doesn't correspond to the Product ID in the Product2 table.

How can I join OpportunityLineItems with Product2?  Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
  • December 05, 2006
Hi--

Can someone explain to me why, when I use the IN join, I am getting an "Unexpected Token: Id" error?

It doesn't always happen, which makes it difficult to tell why it does.  Just now, I ran a query to pull a set of Contacts with the Account ID in column E.  Next, I wanted to pull some Account information for Accounts in the previous query.  A perfect time for "IN," right? 

But when I structured the query to find "Account ID IN E:E," I get an error message that says in full:

Salesforce: Query()
invalid Range, missing data type, or other error,
type is: Account

select id from Account where ID in 'E:E'
                             ^
Error at Row:1:Column:31
Unexpected token: Id

(And to make things more confusing for me, there is nothing in Column 31.)

Help?

Thanks,
Dan
  • October 24, 2006
Hi--

Can someone explain to me why, when I use the IN join, I am getting an "Unexpected Token: Id" error?

It doesn't always happen, which makes it difficult to tell why it does.  Just now, I ran a query to pull a set of Contacts with the Account ID in column E.  Next, I wanted to pull some Account information for Accounts in the previous query.  A perfect time for "IN," right? 

But when I structured the query to find "Account ID IN E:E," I get an error message that says in full:

Salesforce: Query()
invalid Range, missing data type, or other error,
type is: Account

select id from Account where ID in 'E:E'
                             ^
Error at Row:1:Column:31
Unexpected token: Id

(And to make things more confusing for me, there is nothing in Column 31.)

Help?

Thanks,
Dan
  • October 24, 2006
We installed the Quote Line Items 3.30 tool, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to create something I can send to a Customer. I imagine this is something I do using the Mail Merge function, however, when I look for the details of the quote in my Insert Merge Fields, there is not an option to put the line items from the quote onto the template. In the Choose Field Type, there is a listing for Quote Fields, yet not listing for Quote Lines. The idea is to generate a quote which lists the QTY, Product Name, Price and a total quoted price.

If anyone out there has put a quote generator together I would really appreciate some advice on how to do this correctly.
Greetings--

With the Winter 07 release of Salesforce, I was excited about the promised ability to access quota information via the API.  I'm wondering if the Excel Connector will be allowing us to take advantage of that new capability any time soon, or if it already does?  I've got to enter monthly quotas for our our reps soon, and it's a pretty tedious task to do manually!

If not via the Excel Connector, anyone have other suggestions?

Thanks!
Dan
  • February 05, 2007