• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are not using the Products section at all and would like to hide it to make the page less cluttered.  Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Thanks,

Rhonda
This is in relation to the thread I started last week.  I have a custom object and we want to be able to have a custom lookup field on the opportunity page that accesses that object and then be able to access that lookup field information from our asp.net application.  I keep getting a the INVALID FIELD error on that field.  I have downloaded the new wsdl file and updated my web reference but I still get the error.  Is there anything else I need to do to get the new 7.0 version of the API working?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi all,

I added a new custom field to Opportunities and in then in Downloaded the new wsdl, saved it to my project and updated the Web Reference.  Now when I try to run my code I get this error.  What else do I need to do?

INVALID_FIELD: Pricebook2Id,Competitor__c,Discount__c,K2Partner__c,K2_Maintenance__c,K2_Maintenance_Notes__c ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:162 No such column 'K2Partner__c' on entity 'Opportunity'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

The weird thing is when I reference the filed this way, it sees that it exists. 

sForce.Opportunity obj = (sForce.Opportunity)qrOpp.records[i];

strAccountID = obj.AccountId;

strK2Partner = obj.K2Partner__c.ToString();

Thanks in advance for you help.

Rhonda

I need to create a custom report that shows the top 10 customers based on closed opportunity amounts. The problem that we are running into is we have some accounts that are the same customer but the names were entered slightly differently. We would like to combine those customers into one for the report. Any ideas how to acheive this?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi, I have an application where the user can choose between several pricebooks, add some products that get uploaded to SF.com. The first time the user does this, it works fine but if the go back to the begininning of the same record and change the pricebook it fails because the pricebook in SF.com is different. It deletes all the existing products but won't add the new ones. I need to be able to update the opportunity with the new pricebook2id. How can I do this? I'm using C#.

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi. In my app and querying OpportunityLineItems. It the Line Description field is blank I get an error. How can I check for Nulls? I need something like ado.net uses
if (! rReader.IsDBNull(iDescription))

Thanks,

Rhonda
Does anyone know of a webservice that can be used to do Currency Exchange Rates?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi,

I have an application that allows users to add products from our database. I want this to be the only way users can add products as the pricelist in Salesforce.com may not be the most recent. Is there a way to disable the Add and Edit Products button in the Opportunity page Layout?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi all,

I have an app that users can add products to a quote through a wizard that grabs prices from a database and then uploads them to SF.com. It isn't woring and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am querying all the ids and information from the corresponding pricebook in SF.com. I am attaching my code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rhonda

string sQueryProductID = "Select ID From Pricebook2 where Name = '" + sPriceListName + "'";
sForce.QueryResult qrProd = binding.query(sQueryProductID);
string sPricebookID = string.Empty;
string sPriceBookEntry = string.Empty;
string sProdID = string.Empty;
if (qrProd.size > 0)
{
sForce.Pricebook2 objProd = (sForce.Pricebook2)qrProd.records[0];
sPricebookID = objProd.Id.ToString();
}

sForce.SaveResult sr = new sForce.SaveResult();
for (int x = 0; x < sUSPrice.Length; x++)
{
float dTotal = float.Parse(sQuantities[x].ToString()) * float.Parse(sUSPrice[x].ToString());

string sQueryProdID = "Select ID, Name From Product2 where ProductCode = '" + sProdCode[x] + "'";
sForce.QueryResult qrProdID = binding.query(sQueryProdID);
if (qrProdID.size > 0)
{
sForce.Product2 objProd2 = (sForce.Product2)qrProdID.records[0];
sProdID = objProd2.Id.ToString();
}
string sQueryProduct = "Select ID From PricebookEntry where Product2Id = '" + sProdID + "'";
sForce.QueryResult qrProdEntry = binding.query(sQueryProduct);
if (qrProdEntry.size > 0)
{
sForce.PricebookEntry objProd = (sForce.PricebookEntry)qrProdEntry.records[0];
sPriceBookEntry = objProd.Id.ToString();
}

sForce.OpportunityLineItem oli = new sForce.OpportunityLineItem();
oli.ProductId = sProdID;
oli.Description = sDesc[x];
oli.OpportunityId = oppId;
oli.PricebookEntryId = sPriceBookEntry;
oli.Quantity = double.Parse(sQuantities[x]);
oli.QuantitySpecified = true;
oli.UnitPrice =double.Parse(sUSPrice[x]);
oli.UnitPriceSpecified = true;
sr = binding.create(new sForce.sObject[] {oli})[0];
Does someone have a sample query for inserting products in C#? I can't seem to find anything to help.

Thanks,

Rhonda
I have written code to upload an attachment to Salesforce.com at the end of a process in a custom app. It works fine on sforce.com but when I move my code to production it no longer works.

What am I missing? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Rhonda Bailey
Can the Excel Connector be used to upload data to the production version of Salesforce.com as well as sforce.com?

I need to create a bunch of products in production and would love to be able to upload them through the connector.

thanks.

Rhonda
Is there a way to make the Line Description Default to the Product Description when adding a product line item to an Opportunity so the Line Description will always be standard and we dont' have to worry about each individual typing it differently?

Thanks,

Rhonda Bailey
Hi,

I am trying to a use code sample that I found here but having some compile errors that I can't past. Below is the code up until the error message line.

sForce.SforceService binding = new sForce.SforceService();
sForce.LoginResult lr = binding.login(sUsername, sPWD);
binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sForce.SessionHeader();
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;
binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;

sForce.sObject doc = new sForce.sObject();
System.IO.FileInfo fi = new System.IO.FileInfo(mydoc.Filename);
if (fi.Length > 5000000)
{
Response.Write ("This file is too big. The maximum document size is 5 MB.");
}
else
{
System.Xml.XmlDocument xmlDoc = new System.Xml.XmlDocument();
doc.Any = new System.Xml.XmlElement[4];

The error message I am getting is:
sForce.sObject does not contain a definition for 'Any'

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Rhonda Bailey
I have a link on the Opportunites section that opens an ASP.net page on our side. It is taking about 15 seconds to load. Is there a way to display a "Loading..." message so the user knows that something is happening and that the page is not locked?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Is it possible to generate the list of products from a database or a spreadsheet. We have very large pricelists for multiple products in multiple currencies and it would be nice to be able to maintain those lists in a db or spreadsheet and have salesforce read them from there.

If it is possible, can someone provide some instructions for implementing?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Is there no way to query multiple tables with joins?

Thanks.

Rhonda
Hi,

I am building an internal web application that will use data passed from Salesforce.com. We have many sales reps that use the tool. When data gets passed and our application needs to call a login funcion in order to access any of the data from our end, how can I get the login credentials of the logged in user to Salesforce.com or do I use a generic username and password?

Does that make sense?

Thanks a ton,

Rhonda Bailey

Hi all,

I am brand new to all this so please forgive me if I sound like a newbie.  I am!!!

Anyway, I am building a custom object that is linked to Opportunities.  I would like to have a web link on the custom object page that goes to an asp.net page on my companies intranet.  I need to pass the id of the custom object as well as the id of the related Opportunity so that from the ASPX page I can query and return the data for that record.  I have no idea where to begin and would appreciate any guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Rhonda

• September 27, 2005
This is in relation to the thread I started last week.  I have a custom object and we want to be able to have a custom lookup field on the opportunity page that accesses that object and then be able to access that lookup field information from our asp.net application.  I keep getting a the INVALID FIELD error on that field.  I have downloaded the new wsdl file and updated my web reference but I still get the error.  Is there anything else I need to do to get the new 7.0 version of the API working?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi all,

I added a new custom field to Opportunities and in then in Downloaded the new wsdl, saved it to my project and updated the Web Reference.  Now when I try to run my code I get this error.  What else do I need to do?

INVALID_FIELD: Pricebook2Id,Competitor__c,Discount__c,K2Partner__c,K2_Maintenance__c,K2_Maintenance_Notes__c ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:162 No such column 'K2Partner__c' on entity 'Opportunity'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

The weird thing is when I reference the filed this way, it sees that it exists. 

sForce.Opportunity obj = (sForce.Opportunity)qrOpp.records[i];

strAccountID = obj.AccountId;

strK2Partner = obj.K2Partner__c.ToString();

Thanks in advance for you help.

Rhonda

Hi, I have an application where the user can choose between several pricebooks, add some products that get uploaded to SF.com. The first time the user does this, it works fine but if the go back to the begininning of the same record and change the pricebook it fails because the pricebook in SF.com is different. It deletes all the existing products but won't add the new ones. I need to be able to update the opportunity with the new pricebook2id. How can I do this? I'm using C#.

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi. In my app and querying OpportunityLineItems. It the Line Description field is blank I get an error. How can I check for Nulls? I need something like ado.net uses
if (! rReader.IsDBNull(iDescription))

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi all,

I have an app that users can add products to a quote through a wizard that grabs prices from a database and then uploads them to SF.com. It isn't woring and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am querying all the ids and information from the corresponding pricebook in SF.com. I am attaching my code. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rhonda

string sQueryProductID = "Select ID From Pricebook2 where Name = '" + sPriceListName + "'";
sForce.QueryResult qrProd = binding.query(sQueryProductID);
string sPricebookID = string.Empty;
string sPriceBookEntry = string.Empty;
string sProdID = string.Empty;
if (qrProd.size > 0)
{
sForce.Pricebook2 objProd = (sForce.Pricebook2)qrProd.records[0];
sPricebookID = objProd.Id.ToString();
}

sForce.SaveResult sr = new sForce.SaveResult();
for (int x = 0; x < sUSPrice.Length; x++)
{
float dTotal = float.Parse(sQuantities[x].ToString()) * float.Parse(sUSPrice[x].ToString());

string sQueryProdID = "Select ID, Name From Product2 where ProductCode = '" + sProdCode[x] + "'";
sForce.QueryResult qrProdID = binding.query(sQueryProdID);
if (qrProdID.size > 0)
{
sForce.Product2 objProd2 = (sForce.Product2)qrProdID.records[0];
sProdID = objProd2.Id.ToString();
}
string sQueryProduct = "Select ID From PricebookEntry where Product2Id = '" + sProdID + "'";
sForce.QueryResult qrProdEntry = binding.query(sQueryProduct);
if (qrProdEntry.size > 0)
{
sForce.PricebookEntry objProd = (sForce.PricebookEntry)qrProdEntry.records[0];
sPriceBookEntry = objProd.Id.ToString();
}

sForce.OpportunityLineItem oli = new sForce.OpportunityLineItem();
oli.ProductId = sProdID;
oli.Description = sDesc[x];
oli.OpportunityId = oppId;
oli.PricebookEntryId = sPriceBookEntry;
oli.Quantity = double.Parse(sQuantities[x]);
oli.QuantitySpecified = true;
oli.UnitPrice =double.Parse(sUSPrice[x]);
oli.UnitPriceSpecified = true;
sr = binding.create(new sForce.sObject[] {oli})[0];
Does someone have a sample query for inserting products in C#? I can't seem to find anything to help.

Thanks,

Rhonda
I have written code to upload an attachment to Salesforce.com at the end of a process in a custom app. It works fine on sforce.com but when I move my code to production it no longer works.

What am I missing? Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Rhonda Bailey
Hi,

I am trying to a use code sample that I found here but having some compile errors that I can't past. Below is the code up until the error message line.

sForce.SforceService binding = new sForce.SforceService();
sForce.LoginResult lr = binding.login(sUsername, sPWD);
binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sForce.SessionHeader();
binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;
binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;

sForce.sObject doc = new sForce.sObject();
System.IO.FileInfo fi = new System.IO.FileInfo(mydoc.Filename);
if (fi.Length > 5000000)
{
Response.Write ("This file is too big. The maximum document size is 5 MB.");
}
else
{
System.Xml.XmlDocument xmlDoc = new System.Xml.XmlDocument();
doc.Any = new System.Xml.XmlElement[4];

The error message I am getting is:
sForce.sObject does not contain a definition for 'Any'

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Rhonda Bailey
Is it possible to generate the list of products from a database or a spreadsheet. We have very large pricelists for multiple products in multiple currencies and it would be nice to be able to maintain those lists in a db or spreadsheet and have salesforce read them from there.

If it is possible, can someone provide some instructions for implementing?

Thanks,

Rhonda