• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have an immediate opening for a full-time Certified Salesforce.com Administrator in our West Chicago, IL office.

Please send your resume directly to me, Charlie Voss, at cvoss@aspenms.com.  I am the hiring manager.

This is a full-time position.  Candidate will be based in our Chicago office (working remotely is not an option).

No recruiters, please.

Thank you.

Charlie Voss

Director, CRM Applications

Aspen Marketing Services

cvoss@aspenms.com

Message Edited by Beerboy on 03-31-2010 01:14 PM
How can we calculate the "age" of a Task?

When creating a Task, our users fill in the standard object "Due Date" (field name is ActivityDate).

Unfortunately, Salesforce doesn't give us access to ActivityDate when creating a custom formula.

I could create a custom field to use instead of the standard field, but then the users lose the functionality of the "Overdue, Today, Tomorrow..." etc drop-down box in the "My Tasks" section on their home page.

I tried to do this creating a Workflow rule, but as with formulas, Salesforce doesn't provide access to the field ActivityDate to perform any type of operation.

Surely someone else has run into this problem and has a solution?

:smileyindifferent:
Hi everyone.

My users keep asking for this but I just down know how to do it.

When creating a new task they want a button at the bottom that says "Save & New Opportunity".  Clicking the button populates the Account Name and Opportunity Owner (based on task created by, not assigned to) in the new Opportunity screen.

Does anyone know how to do this??

I have created a custom object allowing users to record their activities with clients.  This was created due to the limitation of 20 custom fields for Tasks/Events.

Among other things, the custom object allows users to indicate a date for a planned, future meeting with the client.

How can I capture the date of that future meeting from my custom object, and use AJAX to write/create an Event on the users' SFDC calendar?
How can we calculate the "age" of a Task?

When creating a Task, our users fill in the standard object "Due Date" (field name is ActivityDate).

Unfortunately, Salesforce doesn't give us access to ActivityDate when creating a custom formula.

I could create a custom field to use instead of the standard field, but then the users lose the functionality of the "Overdue, Today, Tomorrow..." etc drop-down box in the "My Tasks" section on their home page.

I tried to do this creating a Workflow rule, but as with formulas, Salesforce doesn't provide access to the field ActivityDate to perform any type of operation.

Surely someone else has run into this problem and has a solution?

:smileyindifferent: