• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We have developed a number of external VB .net applications, that extract data from salesforce and format them into Crystal Reports, via API calls. These applications have been developed about 8 months ago, and have been working without problems until last Friday 30/11/2007.

From last Friday, all applications cannot login at all (cannot obtain a session ID), and get a cryptic message: 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 77200124-2699'.

Has something changed in the Apex code-functions? Have any new security protocols been added? There has to be some kind of explanation because we have not changed anything on our side!

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Alex
I have set a workflow rule which creates a new task when criteria are met.

Is it possible to set a reminder with this task?

I cannot see any related option for reminders, yet it is very important to have a window pop up on a user's screen and not just appear on a tasks list.
Hello,

Is there a way to run an S-control whenever an opportunity status changes from 'something' to Closed Won?

Workflow rules allow only a task or email to be created, or a field value to be updated - these actions are too simple and do not allow complex calculations..

Any ideas?
Hello,
I am trying to write a small S-Control which allows the user to specify a quantity and UnitPrice (or SalesPrice) in an Opportunity Line Item.

However, when the user enters a different quantity than the current one and changes the sales price, the s-control completely ignores the specified SalesPrice. Instead, it calculates what the sales price should be with the new quantity so that the old Total Price is kept the same!

Example:
if an existing Opportunity line Item has the following values:
Quantity: 3, SalesPrice 10, and TotalPrice 30 (3x10=30)
and I change the Quantity to 2, and SalesPrice to something else, say 11.28, the values become:
Quantity: 2, SalesPrice 15, and TotalPrice 30 (2x15=30 again, instead of 2x11.28=22.56)

Here is sample source Code illustrating this behaviour:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Edit OppLine</title>
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script language="javascript">
var OpplineID = "00k200000024JF4"
function initPage() {
 sforce.connection.query("Select o.Opportunity.Id, o.Opportunity.Name, o.Id, o.ListPrice, o.Quantity, o.TotalPrice, o.UnitPrice from OpportunityLineItem o WHERE Id = '"+OpplineID+"'", {
      onSuccess : ReadCode,
      onFailure : failure
    });
}
function ReadCode(FaseisQueryResult){

var oItems = FaseisQueryResult.getArray("records");

if (oItems.length > 0) {
  for (var x = 0; x < oItems.length ; x++) { 
   var Code = oItems[x];
   var ID = Code.Id;
   var ListPrice = Code.ListPrice;
   var TotalPrice = Code.TotalPrice;
   var Quantity = Code.Quantity;
   var SalesPrice = Code.UnitPrice;

}
 }

var opp = new sforce.SObject("OpportunityLineItem");
 opp.id = OpplineID;
 opp.Quantity = "3";
 opp.UnitPrice = "11.28";

//now save
 resulte = sforce.connection.update([opp]);
 window.parent.opener.location = "/"+OpplineID; 
 window.close(); 
 return false; 

}

function failure(error) {
    alert(error);
  }

</script>
</head>
<body onload="initPage();">
</body>
</html>

To use the above code, replace the OpplineID variable with a valid OpportunityLineItem ID from your organisation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I'm really stuck at the moment!
Thanks.

Message Edited by alexannic on 04-05-2007 04:00 AM

Hello,
I gave been trying to make an update call with the new Winter 07 release but with no luck! Every time I make an update call, I get the following error:
"NullReference exception was unhandled - Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have even tried the vb .net samples, but again I get the same message!

This is a simplified version of my code which produces this error:

Code:
Dim updateAccount As sforce.Account = New sforce.Account

updateAccount.Id = "00120000001ztxh"
  updateAccount.Name = "New Name"

'call the update passing an array of object
Dim saveResults() As sforce.SaveResult = binding.update(New sforce.sObject() {updateAccount})
Can anyone help please?
Alex

Message Edited by alexannic on 02-11-2007 12:04 PM

Hello,
I've been trying to implement a tooltip functionality in an S-control, using the super-lightweight 'Moo Tools' framework. I have pasted the contents of a javascript file in an S-control snippet, and included this in the main S-Control.

When I load the page, I receive the following strange error:

"An error has occured {faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring: attribute 'xmlns' bound to namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" was already specified for element "query",.',}

Can anyone help?

Hello,
After the new Winter 07 release was implemented in our area, and we found that some users cannot edit any records! That is, when clicking on the Edit button in an Account, Opportunity etc Internet Explorer produces an error "Object not found".

Please note:
- Users are running XP with SP2, with firewall set to OFF
- Salesforce site is registered in the trusted sites list.
- Cookies and cached pages have been deleted and the page reloaded.
- Administrator users in our domain do not face this problem!
- Also, I noted that the "Related List Hover Links" does not appear at all to users facing the problem. Administrator users can see the hover links!

My guess is that some IE security settings prohibit the page to load correctly, and this is why administrator users can see the page correctly. But which are these settings? This was not a problem before Winter 07 release.

Thank you for your help.
Hello,
I am developing an S-Control and I'm trying to set some fields to null in an update query.
Code:
var product = new sforce.SObject("Product2");

product.set("id", CurID);

if (Fasi1 != "none") {
product.set("Fasi1__c", Fasi1);
}
else {
product.fieldsToNull.push("Fasi1__c");
}
The error I get is 'product.fieldsToNull has no properties'

Thanks for the help!

Hello,
I've been developing a custom object called "Materials", which has a Master-child relationship with Products. i.e. one product has many materials. What I need to do is produce a report with Opportunities and Products AND the Materials that are needed for these products.

What i get from salesforce report options is:
  • Opportunities and Products
  • Products and Materials
...but not all of them. How is it possible to create that report?

Many thanks for your assistance.
Alex

I have created some sample leads and converted them to accounts, in order to test an S-control.
When I delete the accounts(contacts and related taks) I can still see these test leads appearing as converted in my reports.
When I try to access them I get an error message "Lead has been converted".

How can I delete them?

Thanks for the help!
Alex
Hello everyone,
I am building a time-consuming S-control script and I'd like to ask the following question:

I'd like to show a message in the popup window informing the user with various messages. How can I refresh a <div> element in the page as the script is running? Until now, the page freezes while running and closes when finished, and nothing is shown in the <div> element in the page..

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Hello,
I have written some S-control scripts using AJAX toolkit, and some of them take some time to complete. It would be nice to show some text while parts of the scripts are running so that the user has some feedback on what's happening.
Currently, the S-control appears in a popup window and is blank until the whole script is finished. My code is as follows:
Code:
function initPage() { 
document.getElementById('divErrorMsg').innerHTML = "starting...";

//Get Salesforce connection based on users current session id 
sforceClient.registerInitCallback(setupPage);
sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}", true);
then setupPage function executes...and finally the HTML appears:
Code:
<center> 
<DIV id="divErrorMsg"></DIV> 
</center> 
</body> 
</html>
Is there any way I can update the div element during the execution of the script?
Many thanks.

Hello, I have recently installed the Appexchange Application 'PrintAnything' published by salesforce.com.
It works as expected, however when I try to print a date field formated with the DATE formater the program stops and produces no output. More specifically:

1. I have a custom date field in Opportunity records which I'm trying to incorpotate in a PrintAnything template. (the template works fine if I exclude this field)
  2. When I use the {DATE: Opportunity.EstimatedProductDeliveryDate__c} function to format that custom field, the script stops without producing any output. The problem is noted only when this field is empty (null). When there is a date (the field is not null) it works fine, prints the report etc.
  3. I have tried to wrap the above field in a <prtany:notEmpty> HTML tag, to handle the null values, but with no results.  (syntax: <prtany: notEmpty field="Opportunity.EstimatedProductDeliveryDate__c"> {Opportunity.EstimatedProductDeliveryDate__c} </prtany: notEmpty > ) 
The problem is solved if I remove the formatting function DATE, but then I receive the date data unformatted with is not acceptable. Could you please provide help? Without being able to handle null values the application is useless.

Thank you!
Alex

Message Edited by alexannic on 09-27-2006 10:55 AM

Hello,
I have been trying to set the order of Opportunity lines, according to the 'date-time created' of each item using the API, but with no luck.
The reason I'd trying to do this is to sort the Opportunity lines by the order they were added to the Opportunity. It is a huge time-waster to sort the items using the 'Sort' button, especially if you are talking about Opportunities - Orders with over 50 different lines.

The SortOrder field is set to null, unless you set the order using the aforementioned button. Does anyone have a clue how the Opportunity lines are sorted by default?

Does anyone have any ideas regarding this mysterious SortOrder field?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kind Regards,
Alex N.
(SF Enterprise edition)
Hello, I have created a master Custom Object (something like "Campaigns") and a detail object (Campaigns Members). In the page layout of the master object I have a section showing the detail objects. However, I only see the detail object's primary field (in this case the autonumber field). How can I change the detail-object's columns shown in the page layout?

Here is the screenshot!

Many thanks for your help!
Alexander

Hello,

In Campaigns, I have created an S-Control to easily search for Contacts and add them as Campaign Members to a specific campaign. This was done in order to easily insert campaign history data that my organization has on paper. My question is the following:

How can I set the First Added Date of a specific Member? The API documentation describes such a field, (http://www.sforce.com/us/docs/sforce60/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm) but I can not see it in sforce Explorer. Also, when creating a campaign report, I can see a “Member Status Update Date”. Is this a fancy name for the CreatedDate field-which is unfortunately read-only?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex

(Enterprise Edition)

Hello,

I have developed  some Word mail merge templates for my company (Enterprise edition) that print an opportunity with a specific layout (something like an order acknowledgement). We have been using the template for two weeks now with no problems, and all of a sudden from the beginning of this week we are getting different error messages.

More specifically, I get messages like: "Merge data error: End tag 'esforce.com' does not match start tag 'data'", or other versions of this message (instead of esforce.com, I get parts of the Opportunity information), or “A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found.

My guess is that information during a mail merge is passed on using URL encoding, and when special characters are involved (ex. Product description) the URL parameters break. However, I've not been able to pinpoint the problematic characters.

Has anyone faced the same problem? Or has anything in the mail merge process changed during the last week? (Opportunity field names?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alex

Hello,
We are using the Enterprise edition, and in order to cover our quoting needs we have installed the “Sales Quote with Product Line Items" AppExchange application, created by salesforce.com. We are facing the following problem:
We have more than 4000 products in our product base, all active in one price book with their respective prices. When I try to add some products to a new quote, by clicking the S-Control "1) Add Products to Quote", I get only the first 50 products shown. When I search for any other product, I get no results.
The application works fine when I select any of the first 50 products that I get, but of course we cannot access our full range of products this way.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as quoting is one of our critical and most time-consuming processes in our business.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alex

Message Edited by alexannic on 03-02-2006 07:53 AM

Hello,
I would like to ask the following question:

We have a specific discount applied to each client (Account). That is represented by a custom field in the Accounts tab.
However, I would like to have that discount in every Opportunity. Is it possible to make a custom field in an Opportunity which has the default client discount (taken from the Accounts object)?
Obviously, if the user has to manually enter the discount every time a new opportunity is created, the possibility of errors increases.

Thanking you in advance for your time and help.

Alex
Hello,
We have just purchased Professional edition which covers our CRM needs just fine. Due to the nature of our business we do not have open opportunities, we only receive orders from our clients that we process using a custom order management system.
We would like to enter this information into salesforce (as closed opportunities?).

How can we add the order details into Salesforce? Can we mass import data, or must we use the API? Finally, can we use the API with Professional edition?

Any thoughts-ideas?

Many thanks for the help.
Alex
Hello,

We have developed a number of external VB .net applications, that extract data from salesforce and format them into Crystal Reports, via API calls. These applications have been developed about 8 months ago, and have been working without problems until last Friday 30/11/2007.

From last Friday, all applications cannot login at all (cannot obtain a session ID), and get a cryptic message: 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 77200124-2699'.

Has something changed in the Apex code-functions? Have any new security protocols been added? There has to be some kind of explanation because we have not changed anything on our side!

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Alex
I have set a workflow rule which creates a new task when criteria are met.

Is it possible to set a reminder with this task?

I cannot see any related option for reminders, yet it is very important to have a window pop up on a user's screen and not just appear on a tasks list.
Hello,

Is there a way to run an S-control whenever an opportunity status changes from 'something' to Closed Won?

Workflow rules allow only a task or email to be created, or a field value to be updated - these actions are too simple and do not allow complex calculations..

Any ideas?
Hello,
I am trying to write a small S-Control which allows the user to specify a quantity and UnitPrice (or SalesPrice) in an Opportunity Line Item.

However, when the user enters a different quantity than the current one and changes the sales price, the s-control completely ignores the specified SalesPrice. Instead, it calculates what the sales price should be with the new quantity so that the old Total Price is kept the same!

Example:
if an existing Opportunity line Item has the following values:
Quantity: 3, SalesPrice 10, and TotalPrice 30 (3x10=30)
and I change the Quantity to 2, and SalesPrice to something else, say 11.28, the values become:
Quantity: 2, SalesPrice 15, and TotalPrice 30 (2x15=30 again, instead of 2x11.28=22.56)

Here is sample source Code illustrating this behaviour:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Edit OppLine</title>
<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script language="javascript">
var OpplineID = "00k200000024JF4"
function initPage() {
 sforce.connection.query("Select o.Opportunity.Id, o.Opportunity.Name, o.Id, o.ListPrice, o.Quantity, o.TotalPrice, o.UnitPrice from OpportunityLineItem o WHERE Id = '"+OpplineID+"'", {
      onSuccess : ReadCode,
      onFailure : failure
    });
}
function ReadCode(FaseisQueryResult){

var oItems = FaseisQueryResult.getArray("records");

if (oItems.length > 0) {
  for (var x = 0; x < oItems.length ; x++) { 
   var Code = oItems[x];
   var ID = Code.Id;
   var ListPrice = Code.ListPrice;
   var TotalPrice = Code.TotalPrice;
   var Quantity = Code.Quantity;
   var SalesPrice = Code.UnitPrice;

}
 }

var opp = new sforce.SObject("OpportunityLineItem");
 opp.id = OpplineID;
 opp.Quantity = "3";
 opp.UnitPrice = "11.28";

//now save
 resulte = sforce.connection.update([opp]);
 window.parent.opener.location = "/"+OpplineID; 
 window.close(); 
 return false; 

}

function failure(error) {
    alert(error);
  }

</script>
</head>
</body>
</html>

To use the above code, replace the OpplineID variable with a valid OpportunityLineItem ID from your organisation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I'm really stuck at the moment!
Thanks.

Message Edited by alexannic on 04-05-2007 04:00 AM

Hello,
I've been trying to implement a tooltip functionality in an S-control, using the super-lightweight 'Moo Tools' framework. I have pasted the contents of a javascript file in an S-control snippet, and included this in the main S-Control.

When I load the page, I receive the following strange error:

"An error has occured {faultcode:'soapenv:Client', faultstring: attribute 'xmlns' bound to namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/" was already specified for element "query",.',}

Can anyone help?

Hello,
After the new Winter 07 release was implemented in our area, and we found that some users cannot edit any records! That is, when clicking on the Edit button in an Account, Opportunity etc Internet Explorer produces an error "Object not found".

Please note:
- Users are running XP with SP2, with firewall set to OFF
- Salesforce site is registered in the trusted sites list.
- Cookies and cached pages have been deleted and the page reloaded.
- Administrator users in our domain do not face this problem!
- Also, I noted that the "Related List Hover Links" does not appear at all to users facing the problem. Administrator users can see the hover links!

My guess is that some IE security settings prohibit the page to load correctly, and this is why administrator users can see the page correctly. But which are these settings? This was not a problem before Winter 07 release.

Thank you for your help.
Hello,
I am developing an S-Control and I'm trying to set some fields to null in an update query.
Code:
var product = new sforce.SObject("Product2");

product.set("id", CurID);

if (Fasi1 != "none") {
product.set("Fasi1__c", Fasi1);
}
else {
product.fieldsToNull.push("Fasi1__c");
}
The error I get is 'product.fieldsToNull has no properties'

Thanks for the help!

I have created some sample leads and converted them to accounts, in order to test an S-control.
When I delete the accounts(contacts and related taks) I can still see these test leads appearing as converted in my reports.
When I try to access them I get an error message "Lead has been converted".

How can I delete them?

Thanks for the help!
Alex
Hello everyone,
I am building a time-consuming S-control script and I'd like to ask the following question:

I'd like to show a message in the popup window informing the user with various messages. How can I refresh a <div> element in the page as the script is running? Until now, the page freezes while running and closes when finished, and nothing is shown in the <div> element in the page..

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Hello,
I have written some S-control scripts using AJAX toolkit, and some of them take some time to complete. It would be nice to show some text while parts of the scripts are running so that the user has some feedback on what's happening.
Currently, the S-control appears in a popup window and is blank until the whole script is finished. My code is as follows:
Code:
function initPage() { 
document.getElementById('divErrorMsg').innerHTML = "starting...";

//Get Salesforce connection based on users current session id 
sforceClient.registerInitCallback(setupPage);
sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}", true);
then setupPage function executes...and finally the HTML appears:
Code:
<center> 
<DIV id="divErrorMsg"></DIV> 
</center> 
</body> 
</html>
Is there any way I can update the div element during the execution of the script?
Many thanks.

Found a problem with the Print Anything application.  If you run a multi-record query on an object that returns no results the application terminates.  We need to be able to build a series of multi-record queries that may or may not return results (i.e downloading specific line items by product family) but this doesn't work if it stops when it finds zero results.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello, I have recently installed the Appexchange Application 'PrintAnything' published by salesforce.com.
It works as expected, however when I try to print a date field formated with the DATE formater the program stops and produces no output. More specifically:

1. I have a custom date field in Opportunity records which I'm trying to incorpotate in a PrintAnything template. (the template works fine if I exclude this field)
  2. When I use the {DATE: Opportunity.EstimatedProductDeliveryDate__c} function to format that custom field, the script stops without producing any output. The problem is noted only when this field is empty (null). When there is a date (the field is not null) it works fine, prints the report etc.
  3. I have tried to wrap the above field in a <prtany:notEmpty> HTML tag, to handle the null values, but with no results.  (syntax: <prtany: notEmpty field="Opportunity.EstimatedProductDeliveryDate__c"> {Opportunity.EstimatedProductDeliveryDate__c} </prtany: notEmpty > ) 
The problem is solved if I remove the formatting function DATE, but then I receive the date data unformatted with is not acceptable. Could you please provide help? Without being able to handle null values the application is useless.

Thank you!
Alex

Message Edited by alexannic on 09-27-2006 10:55 AM

Hello, I have created a master Custom Object (something like "Campaigns") and a detail object (Campaigns Members). In the page layout of the master object I have a section showing the detail objects. However, I only see the detail object's primary field (in this case the autonumber field). How can I change the detail-object's columns shown in the page layout?

Here is the screenshot!

Many thanks for your help!
Alexander
Hi all,

In Salesforce, you are able to set a custom order of the products that are added to an opportunity.

I would like to get all OpportunityLineItems from an Opportunity and sort them in that custom order.

I've searched through documentation and this forum without finding anything. Does anyone have a solution?

I'm using AJAX Toolkit in a Scontrol.

Best regards,

Andreas