• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

What do I need to set if I want a gzippped CSV result response for a bulkapi query ?  I can get the CSV but cannot seem to get it compressed.

I have tried setting the Content-Type of the GetResult GET to gzip but that has no effect.

I have also tried changing the ContentType of the JobInfo to ZIP_CSV but that does not work either.

Thanks,

Bill

Is there a BNF for the current version of SOQL ?

I am aware of the out-of-date version that exists; I'm trying to locate in the salesforce.com documentation a complete BNF (or railroad diagrams, etc.) for SOQL based on the 20.0 api.

Having such a resource would sure make it easier for those of us writing SOQL parsers..

Thanks,

Bill Emerson

forceAmp

I have a history table that tracks changes to a percent field.  If I try to read the history table and convert the NewValue field with :

mydouble = double.valueof(h.NewValue);

I get the following error message:

09:20:52.384|METHOD_ENTRY|[84]|Double.valueOf(Object)
09:20:52.385|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[84]|System.TypeException: Invalid double: 34.98564317560156

Why is that value not a valid double ?

Thanks,

Bill

Is it possible to take a List of objects and present them in a paginated pageblocktable ? If so, could you post some code / link that describes how ?

Note, the objects are NOT the result of a query.

Thanks,

Bill

If I already know the id and fields I want to update, do I have to fetch the records first ?

I tried just  allocating a obj and populating it with the details: 

CustomObj__c = new CustomObj__c();

c.Id = idToUpdate;

c.Field1__c = 'New Value'

The problem is that the Id field in not writeable.

I want to avoid the Select / Fetch if possbile.  Suggestions ?

Thanks,

If the recycle bin gets purged due to massive deletes overflowing the storage allocated to the org followed by the salesforce 2 hour 'purge' job, are the records returned by getdeleted impacted?  In another words, are the recycle bin and the getdeleted lists tied together.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi All,

Can anyone please tell me How to import and Export Bulk records from Salesforce to our Db and viceversa. I have records more than 20k, I used DBAmp trila version  but its showing, time out error.

Please help ASAP, Thanks in Advance

Regards

Raman

Is there a BNF for the current version of SOQL ?

I am aware of the out-of-date version that exists; I'm trying to locate in the salesforce.com documentation a complete BNF (or railroad diagrams, etc.) for SOQL based on the 20.0 api.

Having such a resource would sure make it easier for those of us writing SOQL parsers..

Thanks,

Bill Emerson

forceAmp

Our company is looking to utilize an ODBC driver, and I was wondering if anyone has/have used DBAmp and/or DataDirect OpenAccess SFDC ODBC. Which one will give us more bang for our buck?

I've done my fair amount of research..  I mean googling ;) on these two products and so far it seems that DBAmp has more documentation available than OpenAccess. I've tried the trial version of both, but due to the limited amount of time they allow to evaluate these software, I couldn't make out advantages and disadvantages of using one or the other.

Thanks to anyone in advance who might be able to provide us some insights on these two tools. Thank You

DataDirect OpenAccess ODBC for SalesForce.com

http://web.datadirect.com/products/other/openaccess-sf/index.html

DBAmp

http://www.forceamp.com/

Is it possible to take a List of objects and present them in a paginated pageblocktable ? If so, could you post some code / link that describes how ?

Note, the objects are NOT the result of a query.

Thanks,

Bill

Does anyone know where I could find an example of how to call into the Force.com API from within a SQL Server stored procedure?  I'm currently on SQL Server 2005, but we're upgrading to 2008 soon.  Thanks in advance for your help.