• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

I have an issue with client sandbox. My Salesforce.com connector works fine with production account but when I try to test my connection with client sandbox (test account) it doesn't work at all. I checked the login history and there is no entry for API login. My question is sandbox allow API calls? If yes then what am I missing here?

I have tried hardcoded URL in my connector but no luck. I have even replace production WSDL with test one but no luck. Any pointer or help will be apprieciated

Reply to me as soon as you can please...

Amit Suri
Hello Everyone,

I'm testing my existing solution with Spring 08 release (sand box) and so far everything is ok. I have a package which I want to install on the pre-release account. When I pass pre-release SF account and password it returns me an error saying 'Invalid user name and password'. I'm 100% sure that user name and password I'm typing is correct since I logged in twice with the same username & password. Does anyone knows why pre-release account login fails for custom package? I'm really stuck here.

P.S. I have tried Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce User and Free 30 days Trial User but none of them works with the pre-release account

Thanks,
Amit Suri

Message Edited by chessbase on 01-29-2008 08:59 AM
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me when was security token introduced in Apex API? I missed this news I guess hence someone reported login failure error.  

When I debugged the code I got LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN error and I learnt that login process requires password + security token to do the succesfull login.

Thanks
Hello All,

I have a custom object and I want to show a list view when the custom object is in edit mode (after clicking on Edit button). First of all please tell me is it possible to display a listview in custom object? If yes, then how can i implement this? Any pointer or sample code would be great help.

Thanks in advance,
-Amit Suri
Hi All,

How can I make the custom object reference field REQUIRED just like I can do it for others field? I looked in to all possible areas but couldn't find anything to make the field required. Is it possible BTW?
I have a custom entity and on certain condition I want to disable button to stop the further sync. Is it possible to disable a button once the custom object is synced with my application? If so how can I acheive that?

Thanks in advance
I have a custom object called Project and it have all fields, custom links and buttons. Integration code is based on fixed fields name therefore I want to export the custom object so that I can import it afterwards. Just like I can do it in MS CRM 3.0. MS CRM 3.0 allows me to export the custom objects which can be imported back on client setup on demands. This way I do not have to create each and every fields, links and buttons on custom object.

So is it possible to export the custom object as an XML or any other format which I can upload back when I want on client salesforce account?

Thanks in advance,

Amit Suri

I have a C# solution which uses Partner API 7.0. Now since pre-release 8.0 is out I have to test the pre-release 8.0 with my C# solution. I can't find Apex API 8.0 to embed in my solution. Please give pointer or some resolution to test my C# code with pre-release 8.0

Regards,
Kevin

I am trying to import users from sforce into the application I am trying to ingrate with. Is there an easy way to get the user security profile? I don’t want to query every user at a time for its profile. Then again, I will get an Id of the profile which can lead me to the profile Name and the codes. I couldn’t find how they are mapped to the title, example System administrator is PT1 but couldn’t find documentation for this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to run a query to get some fields from Opportunity but keep getting an error because of the probability field. To simply things I just pasted select Probability from Opportunity in the sforce explorer and when I run I get:
Query failed: Input string was not in a correct format.
Is there something I am missing?

Hi,
I am working on integrating an application to salesforce. In the opportunity I would like to add a button next to Edit, Delete, and Clone ... upper buttons. Is this possible? I know I can have a custom link.

In my application I associate opportunities with opportunities in sales force. I would like to add a link, when the user clicks on it, I open a browser window that goes to sales force and after the user enters credentials is forwarded to that Opp. page. I know this is possible, is there a certain format for the URL link? Is there a place where I can get information for these kind of tasks?

I am working on integrating an application to salesforce. The entry point to the application is through a link on the opportunity page. The problem is that this application only works with IE. When a user on firefox clicks on the link, is there way to have the pop up page open using IE?

I am writing a program to import opportunities from salesforce into an application. After importing, I would like to set a custom field with the newly created ObjectId in SalesForce to associate with the opportunity object just created in the application. My question, can I create a custom field in sales force and add it to Opportunity programmatically? Can this custom field be hidden?

Thanks

I am working on an integration component between an application and salesforce. The integration is for a client and they would like to synchronize accounts on salesforce with their own, including custom fields. Now they can add custom fields to salesforce and then add similar custom fields to their application. Then they can associate these fields in their application. After that they run a service to synchronize the values of these custom fields. I am using AppExchange Web Services API and C#. I can create my select statement dynamically, but how can I get the values of these new custom fields? Once the integration is shipped out, I can not recompile to have these properties. Is there a way around this problem?

I am trying to run a query to get some fields from Opportunity but keep getting an error because of the probability field. To simply things I just pasted select Probability from Opportunity in the sforce explorer and when I run I get:
Query failed: Input string was not in a correct format.
Is there something I am missing?

Hi there,

I have an issue with client sandbox. My Salesforce.com connector works fine with production account but when I try to test my connection with client sandbox (test account) it doesn't work at all. I checked the login history and there is no entry for API login. My question is sandbox allow API calls? If yes then what am I missing here?

I have tried hardcoded URL in my connector but no luck. I have even replace production WSDL with test one but no luck. Any pointer or help will be apprieciated

Reply to me as soon as you can please...

Amit Suri
Hello Everyone,

I'm testing my existing solution with Spring 08 release (sand box) and so far everything is ok. I have a package which I want to install on the pre-release account. When I pass pre-release SF account and password it returns me an error saying 'Invalid user name and password'. I'm 100% sure that user name and password I'm typing is correct since I logged in twice with the same username & password. Does anyone knows why pre-release account login fails for custom package? I'm really stuck here.

P.S. I have tried Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce User and Free 30 days Trial User but none of them works with the pre-release account

Thanks,
Amit Suri

Message Edited by chessbase on 01-29-2008 08:59 AM
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me when was security token introduced in Apex API? I missed this news I guess hence someone reported login failure error.  

When I debugged the code I got LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN error and I learnt that login process requires password + security token to do the succesfull login.

Thanks
Hello All,

I have a custom object and I want to show a list view when the custom object is in edit mode (after clicking on Edit button). First of all please tell me is it possible to display a listview in custom object? If yes, then how can i implement this? Any pointer or sample code would be great help.

Thanks in advance,
-Amit Suri
Hi All,

How can I make the custom object reference field REQUIRED just like I can do it for others field? I looked in to all possible areas but couldn't find anything to make the field required. Is it possible BTW?
I have a custom entity and on certain condition I want to disable button to stop the further sync. Is it possible to disable a button once the custom object is synced with my application? If so how can I acheive that?

Thanks in advance
I have a custom object called Project and it have all fields, custom links and buttons. Integration code is based on fixed fields name therefore I want to export the custom object so that I can import it afterwards. Just like I can do it in MS CRM 3.0. MS CRM 3.0 allows me to export the custom objects which can be imported back on client setup on demands. This way I do not have to create each and every fields, links and buttons on custom object.

So is it possible to export the custom object as an XML or any other format which I can upload back when I want on client salesforce account?

Thanks in advance,

Amit Suri

I have a C# solution which uses Partner API 7.0. Now since pre-release 8.0 is out I have to test the pre-release 8.0 with my C# solution. I can't find Apex API 8.0 to embed in my solution. Please give pointer or some resolution to test my C# code with pre-release 8.0

Regards,
Kevin

Hi,
I am working on integrating an application to salesforce. In the opportunity I would like to add a button next to Edit, Delete, and Clone ... upper buttons. Is this possible? I know I can have a custom link.

I am working on an integration component between an application and salesforce. The integration is for a client and they would like to synchronize accounts on salesforce with their own, including custom fields. Now they can add custom fields to salesforce and then add similar custom fields to their application. Then they can associate these fields in their application. After that they run a service to synchronize the values of these custom fields. I am using AppExchange Web Services API and C#. I can create my select statement dynamically, but how can I get the values of these new custom fields? Once the integration is shipped out, I can not recompile to have these properties. Is there a way around this problem?