• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I would like to create a Field on Opportunities that specified the Discount applied (%). I need it to have a default which is determined by knowing the Sales Office that Owners the Account. This information is already stored at the Account level and creating and editable Field at the Opportunity level to store the same info creates duplication and potential for error. The Discount Field must be editable be the User level so it can't be a Formula Field.

The Default Value equation editor would not let me access cross-object information or the read-only field I created on the Opportunity Object, which I created in desperation, to display the Account Sales Office Field.

Is what I am trying to achieve possible?

If so, is it only possible with Apex Triggers?

Thanks

• October 19, 2010
I have instead the Salesforce Labs Message of the Day in our developer environment. It appeared to install correctly and I have been able to modify the file specified in the installation guide. However, when I login the pop-up doesn't appears.

Can anyone help? 
Hi

I need to use the terminology 'Email Opt In' with the checkbox on my Web-to-Lead form, but I want the form to submit the correct information to the Email Opt Out field in Salesforce.

This means I need the form to send the opposite value to Salesforce (ie 1 instead of 0) when the box is not checked.

I have been told by support that this can be done with a bit of javascript. Our webmaster has not been able to help.

I really need to get this sorted as soon as possible. Please can someone help?
  • March 22, 2007
Hi

How can create a custom link or s-control that will check if a folder exists on my machine and if not create it?

I know that I can create a custom link that opens up an explorer window in a folder that I specify. I know that I can make this dynamic so for example, I could open the folder that corresponds to the name of the account I am looking at, by including the field name in the URL.  I think this will work if the folder already exits but if it does not already exist, how do I make this action create the folder with the predetermined folder name?

We can use this to support our quality process as I would like to set up a custom link that will automatically create a folder in our server that has the Account name and Case number so we can trace our customers proprietary information.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
  • November 16, 2006
Hi
I would like to create a custom field on the Account tab that calculates a customer's total expenditure. The only way I can think of doing this is to add all the Amounts for the Closed Won Opportunities related to the Account. When I try to create a formula in a custom field I only seem to be able to reference field on that tab (Accounts). Does anyone know how to made this work or suggest an alternaltive method?

We do not currently use Products so I would be interested to know if this gives us the functionality I'm after.

Thank you

Kerry
  • September 19, 2006
I have instead the Salesforce Labs Message of the Day in our developer environment. It appeared to install correctly and I have been able to modify the file specified in the installation guide. However, when I login the pop-up doesn't appears.

Can anyone help? 
Hi

I need to use the terminology 'Email Opt In' with the checkbox on my Web-to-Lead form, but I want the form to submit the correct information to the Email Opt Out field in Salesforce.

This means I need the form to send the opposite value to Salesforce (ie 1 instead of 0) when the box is not checked.

I have been told by support that this can be done with a bit of javascript. Our webmaster has not been able to help.

I really need to get this sorted as soon as possible. Please can someone help?
  • March 22, 2007

Hi - I'd really appreciate some direction on a custom code question that should be easy but has me stumped.

On our web to lead forms, I would like to have the form have a check box that is checked to receive more info from my company and if they uncheck it, it would then check the Email Opt Out field on the lead. So it would be reversed, when checked, Email Opt Out is unchecked and vice versa.

Here is the code I have to add the check box:

<td width="182"><input id="emailOptOut" name="emailOptOut" type="checkbox" checked="checked" value="1" /><label for="emailOptOut"><span class="style10">I would like to receive information and news communications from eStara in the future.</span></label></td>

I have tried to change the Value to "0", to "False" and to "No". Is it not possible to do this and if it is possible, how do I need to alter the code to reflect this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi
I would like to create a custom field on the Account tab that calculates a customer's total expenditure. The only way I can think of doing this is to add all the Amounts for the Closed Won Opportunities related to the Account. When I try to create a formula in a custom field I only seem to be able to reference field on that tab (Accounts). Does anyone know how to made this work or suggest an alternaltive method?

We do not currently use Products so I would be interested to know if this gives us the functionality I'm after.

Thank you

Kerry
  • September 19, 2006