• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am new to Developer Force, I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

We had a itty bitty consultant project done by SF for our first visual force page.  There's a button on our Account Page now that takes users to a vf page to mass-create Participation Detail (custom obj related to Acct) "shell" records containing a few basic fields; Product, Contracted By, Status.  This is as opposed to them making each record one-by-one from the related list on the Acct pg.  When creating a single record from the related list we have validation rules like "if Status is Current, Live Date cannot be blank".  However, those validation rules are now getting in the way of people using the mass-create functionality because not all the validated fields are available on the mass-create vf page; like Live Date for instance.

Questions: 

Is there a way I can get the Visual Force page to ignore Participation Detail records being created via this mass-create method? No/Yes - please provide suggested code if possible

Is there a way I can get the Visual Force page to ignore Participation Detail records being created via this mass-create method? No/Yes - please provide suggested condition formula if possible

I opened the "sforce_connect.xla" file.  This is the file that later I saw a not that says "resist the temptation to open this file" in the installation instructions.  Now I am now unable to use the Excel Connector correctly, and I think that opening that file might be the reason for the following problems. . . .

I have tried installing and uninstalling excel connector several times since opening the .xla file by mistake.  Once I get it installed and the sforce connector button showing in excel, then when I select the Query option from it's dropdown, SF gives me the following error message:

" The macro "C:\Documents and Settings\sg0897039\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKAC\sforce_connect.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery' cannot be found. "

A similar message appears for all the options I have tried to select, just replacing '!sfDescribeAndQuery' with whichever option I tried to select.  I think OLKAC is my temporary files folder, but even when I finally access OLKAC, I don't see the sforce_connect.xla file in there.

Please help me :)

I am new to Developer Force, I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

We had a itty bitty consultant project done by SF for our first visual force page.  There's a button on our Account Page now that takes users to a vf page to mass-create Participation Detail (custom obj related to Acct) "shell" records containing a few basic fields; Product, Contracted By, Status.  This is as opposed to them making each record one-by-one from the related list on the Acct pg.  When creating a single record from the related list we have validation rules like "if Status is Current, Live Date cannot be blank".  However, those validation rules are now getting in the way of people using the mass-create functionality because not all the validated fields are available on the mass-create vf page; like Live Date for instance.

Questions: 

Is there a way I can get the Visual Force page to ignore Participation Detail records being created via this mass-create method? No/Yes - please provide suggested code if possible

Is there a way I can get the Visual Force page to ignore Participation Detail records being created via this mass-create method? No/Yes - please provide suggested condition formula if possible