• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I did read the technical requirements PDF which says only IE and Firefox are supported, nevertheless I am hoping to hear some good news about safari.

Salesforce.com basic functionality does work on safari, but the moment I use an S-Control which uses AJAX toolkit and does an sforceclient.login, everything stops working. Has anybody figured out anyway to get this stuff to work on safari? Please do let me know any inputs on this.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • February 01, 2007
Hi,

I had a developer edition account, which used to come by default with a 'Custom Sales Profile'. I used to make changes to this profile and assign Sales Rep users to this profile.

Now we have an enterprise edition account, but this does not have a Custom Sales Profile. Am I supposed to create new profile and sales layouts from scratch and make assignments, or is there any other way to get this done easily as in a developer edition account?

Any inputs will be greatly helpful.
Thanks,
VSP.
  • December 05, 2006
Hi,

I have a hyperlink formula field that links to an S-Control. So it includes: "/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=" followed by the ID of the S-Control.

Now I would like to package this S-Control as part of a Custom App and have other Orgs download and install this. How would this work when the ID is hard-coded in the hyperlink?

1) Does it involve a manual step by the System Administrator of the downloading Org - using the S-Control name to obtain the ID from the address displayed in the browser and visiting the hyperlink to replace with this new ID?
2) Does the process vary between standard and custom - i.e. the custom field being part of a standard object or a custom object?

Any inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • December 01, 2006
Hi,

I am using an S-Control from which I am able to invoke query, create, update, etc, but I am unable to use delete. As soon as I put the delete method in the S-Control, it stops processing any Javascript.

I have declared:
<script src="https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
and I do sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}");

With this I am able to do:
- sforceClient.query("query string")
- sforceClient.create(arr)
- sforceClient.update(arr)
I have declated var arr=new Array(), and added multiple Sforce.DynaBean objects into it and passed it.

But with delete, I am not able to pass in an array declared like this, or even use as per the example provided in S-Control documentation (sforceClient.delete([id])).

Please help!

Thanks,
VSP.
  • November 29, 2006
Hi,

I have read "tech-notes.jsp?tn=TN-16" and also looked at the AppStyleGuide download. The technote explains how by setting <body class="account">, the secondary and tertiary palettes could be used to get lighter versions of the color for different sections within the page.

I have created a custom web tab, that links to an S-Control. In the S-Control, I have included reference to custom.css and common.css. From the AppStyleGuide Color System, I chose one of the options available for Custom objects (from Alarm clock, Bank, Bigtop, ... Wrench), the one I chose is labeled as Bridge. Now how do I use this to set as a style for the body so that secondary and tertiary palettes and overall color scheme of the page will be automatically set? I tried <body class="Bridge"> and <body class="bridge"> - neither worked.  By default a black palette and color scheme is appearing in the page.

Am I following the wrong approach or is there something I am missing? Please share some information on how to use the CSS palette for custom tab styles correctly.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • November 29, 2006
Hi,

This is a very basic question and the reason for confusion is that the word Enterprise is used in various contexts.

I had a developer account in which I did some integrations using Enterprise WSDL, then we eventually moved on to Partner WSDL as we did not want to regenerate the WSDL and client classes each time some object or its fields underwent modifications. Now we have starting using an Enterprise account. My understanding is that this just refers to the type of license of the account and it should work fine with Partner/Enterprise WSDL but since the name kind of indicates otherwise, I did not want to be ignoring something that may have been considered obvious by keeping the names same.

Could somebody please confirm whether the type of account being used for integration is independant of the type of WSDL used, as long as the account allows integration through Web Service API?

Thanks!
  • November 07, 2006
Hi,

I am interested to know if the following can be packaged and uploaded (to be part of the downloadable app), and if so how:

1) Workflow rules, tasks, alerts
2) Email templates
3) Customized page layouts of standard objects (such as Opportunity)
4) New profiles created to specify access/security settings on custom/standard objects - I was able to upload Profile settings but while mapping the setting to an existing profile on the downloading account, does all local settings of that local profile get overwritten by the mapped profile setting? If not how would this work?

I would also like to know about the recommendation regarding custom app packaging - should the package have only the custom app which in turn should be associated to all custom items (such as objects, links, s-controls, tabs) or should each of these also be included individually in the package?

I would greatly appreciate information on the same.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • October 13, 2006
Hi,

I had a developer edition account, which used to come by default with a 'Custom Sales Profile'. I used to make changes to this profile and assign Sales Rep users to this profile.

Now we have an enterprise edition account, but this does not have a Custom Sales Profile. Am I supposed to create new profile and sales layouts from scratch and make assignments, or is there any other way to get this done easily as in a developer edition account?

Any inputs will be greatly helpful.
Thanks,
VSP.
  • December 05, 2006
Hi,

I have a hyperlink formula field that links to an S-Control. So it includes: "/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=" followed by the ID of the S-Control.

Now I would like to package this S-Control as part of a Custom App and have other Orgs download and install this. How would this work when the ID is hard-coded in the hyperlink?

1) Does it involve a manual step by the System Administrator of the downloading Org - using the S-Control name to obtain the ID from the address displayed in the browser and visiting the hyperlink to replace with this new ID?
2) Does the process vary between standard and custom - i.e. the custom field being part of a standard object or a custom object?

Any inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • December 01, 2006
Hi,

I am using an S-Control from which I am able to invoke query, create, update, etc, but I am unable to use delete. As soon as I put the delete method in the S-Control, it stops processing any Javascript.

I have declared:
<script src="https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
and I do sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}");

With this I am able to do:
- sforceClient.query("query string")
- sforceClient.create(arr)
- sforceClient.update(arr)
I have declated var arr=new Array(), and added multiple Sforce.DynaBean objects into it and passed it.

But with delete, I am not able to pass in an array declared like this, or even use as per the example provided in S-Control documentation (sforceClient.delete([id])).

Please help!

Thanks,
VSP.
  • November 29, 2006
Hi,

I have read "tech-notes.jsp?tn=TN-16" and also looked at the AppStyleGuide download. The technote explains how by setting <body class="account">, the secondary and tertiary palettes could be used to get lighter versions of the color for different sections within the page.

I have created a custom web tab, that links to an S-Control. In the S-Control, I have included reference to custom.css and common.css. From the AppStyleGuide Color System, I chose one of the options available for Custom objects (from Alarm clock, Bank, Bigtop, ... Wrench), the one I chose is labeled as Bridge. Now how do I use this to set as a style for the body so that secondary and tertiary palettes and overall color scheme of the page will be automatically set? I tried <body class="Bridge"> and <body class="bridge"> - neither worked.  By default a black palette and color scheme is appearing in the page.

Am I following the wrong approach or is there something I am missing? Please share some information on how to use the CSS palette for custom tab styles correctly.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • November 29, 2006
Hi,

This is a very basic question and the reason for confusion is that the word Enterprise is used in various contexts.

I had a developer account in which I did some integrations using Enterprise WSDL, then we eventually moved on to Partner WSDL as we did not want to regenerate the WSDL and client classes each time some object or its fields underwent modifications. Now we have starting using an Enterprise account. My understanding is that this just refers to the type of license of the account and it should work fine with Partner/Enterprise WSDL but since the name kind of indicates otherwise, I did not want to be ignoring something that may have been considered obvious by keeping the names same.

Could somebody please confirm whether the type of account being used for integration is independant of the type of WSDL used, as long as the account allows integration through Web Service API?

Thanks!
  • November 07, 2006
Hi,

I am interested to know if the following can be packaged and uploaded (to be part of the downloadable app), and if so how:

1) Workflow rules, tasks, alerts
2) Email templates
3) Customized page layouts of standard objects (such as Opportunity)
4) New profiles created to specify access/security settings on custom/standard objects - I was able to upload Profile settings but while mapping the setting to an existing profile on the downloading account, does all local settings of that local profile get overwritten by the mapped profile setting? If not how would this work?

I would also like to know about the recommendation regarding custom app packaging - should the package have only the custom app which in turn should be associated to all custom items (such as objects, links, s-controls, tabs) or should each of these also be included individually in the package?

I would greatly appreciate information on the same.

Thanks,
VSP.
  • October 13, 2006