• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to calculate a custom object's age based on conditional factors, but the formula is giving me fits.  I"d appreciate any insights you might have.

I have a custom object and want to create a field called 'Age' that shows the age of the object, but with some conditions.

If the object 'status' picklist = "Accepted / Confirmed" or "Cancelled / Lost" I would like this field to return the last modified date.  (ideally the date the status changed from stage history, but that's not a critical point for me)

If not, the age should be Today () - CreatedDate.

I can't seem to get this formula to work, has anyone done anything similar to this?

Thanks!
I was hoping that SFDC would add time based rule evaluation to the workflow capabilities.  That is, to run workflow rules without requiring the record to be modified first to trigger the rule.

My example is we allow some accounts be have a protected status as long as they have certain activity in a certain time period.  I've created the field that shows the days since said qualified activity occured, I have a workflow that will change the protected status based on the value in that qualified activity age field.

However, the rule only runs when someone modifies the account, so accounts can be falsely protected simply by not editing them.

I'm trying to find a way to make this rule run periodically without the modification.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael
I would like to prevent standard users from editing 'Closed/Won' opportunities, based on either forecast category or the specific stage we use.

this way, once an opportunity is closed, only an admin or other role we specify can edit that opportunity. 

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it?

Thanks,

Michael
I'm having a problem with my margin formula.  I've added a custom product field and entered cost information for all of my products.

I would like to track margin on my Opportunities based off this information.  However, since the cost information is in the product section, and the actual sales price for any given opportunity is in the Opportunity Products section, I can't write a formula that uses fields from two different sections.

However, it seems to me that cost information should exist with the price book/product.

How are others getting around this problem?
I'm trying to calculate a custom object's age based on conditional factors, but the formula is giving me fits.  I"d appreciate any insights you might have.

I have a custom object and want to create a field called 'Age' that shows the age of the object, but with some conditions.

If the object 'status' picklist = "Accepted / Confirmed" or "Cancelled / Lost" I would like this field to return the last modified date.  (ideally the date the status changed from stage history, but that's not a critical point for me)

If not, the age should be Today () - CreatedDate.

I can't seem to get this formula to work, has anyone done anything similar to this?

Thanks!
I was hoping that SFDC would add time based rule evaluation to the workflow capabilities.  That is, to run workflow rules without requiring the record to be modified first to trigger the rule.

My example is we allow some accounts be have a protected status as long as they have certain activity in a certain time period.  I've created the field that shows the days since said qualified activity occured, I have a workflow that will change the protected status based on the value in that qualified activity age field.

However, the rule only runs when someone modifies the account, so accounts can be falsely protected simply by not editing them.

I'm trying to find a way to make this rule run periodically without the modification.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael
I would like to prevent standard users from editing 'Closed/Won' opportunities, based on either forecast category or the specific stage we use.

this way, once an opportunity is closed, only an admin or other role we specify can edit that opportunity. 

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it?

Thanks,

Michael
Hi All, I'm sure this has probably been covered before but I can't find anything.  I would like to create a report/dashboard that shows annual % of quota for all reps.  As you know, the Customizeable Forecast reports only run % of quota monthly or quarterly.  I thought I could just create a new custom User formula for "annual quota", and then use a custom summary formula to calculate:

Sum of Won Opportunities / Annual Quota

but I can't get it to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!