• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I installed the Print Anything App from the AppExchange and was wondering if someone could please help me.  I have everything working fine for returning one Case record into a template; however, what I need to do is have it query all cases pertaining to a contact and list those in the template.

I am assuming that I am supposed to write a query to query all of the cases associated with a contact, and then somehow insert the following command that I found: (prtany:repeat record)  into my html template.  I can't seem to get this to work.  If anyone has any idea how I can get the query to query the proper cases and the html template formatted so it can list all of the cases I would really appreciate it!  Please Help! (prtany:repeat record)
I am looking to print records without using the reports feature of SF.  I found the Print Anything App an d am having some problems with it.  I got the queries to work properly, but when it tries to load the template I get the following error: Template ID not valid.  Please contact your Administrator.

I am assuming this is an issue with me not naming the merge field correctly in the template?  But I have tried all sort of possibilities with no luck. 

I really need to figure this out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Joe
I am trying to query all cases linked to a particular contact and have it return the following fields in an html template.  I am doing this using the print anything app.  Can someone get me started on the queries I need to write to get this information.  I have never done this before and am desperately trying to learn.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Code:
<td>
 Case.AI_Date_c
</td>
<td>
 Contact.LastName
</td>
<td>
 Case.Subject
</td>
<td>
 Case.Description_of_Event__c
</td>
<td>
 Case.Person_Responsible__c
</td>
<td>
 Case.Event_Code__c
</td>
<td>
 Case.Clinical_Impact_Score__c
</td>
<td>
 Case.CAPA_c
</td>
<td>
 Case.Status
</td>
<td>
 Case.Time__c
</td>
<td>
 Case.Comments
</td>
</tr>

I am new to Salesforce and just finished customizing the first phase of our org.  I have some issues I am trying to circumvent relating to printable views of SF records.  I would ideally like to be able to create some way of printing records without using SF reports.  I do not like the format of these reports and have other reasons for wanting to print records.  I am not using this as a Sales application, but rather have customized it for a clinical research oriented company.

Someone I had talked to had mentioned using mail merge to provide another view of the records, or using S-controls to create the view I am looking for.  I have limited knowledge of Java, but have a roomate who is willing to help who is a Java Software Developer. 

I am trying to find some basic information on how to write S-Controls using Java but cannot seem to find any.  Does anyone have any links or information that can help me?  or have any other ideas about how I can print records without having to use a printable view?  I could probably export to excel but would need to be able to specify which cells the particular records are going to go to, and also need to format the sheet to my specifications.  Any help that anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Joe
I am pretty new to using Sforce custom fields, but pretty experienced with computer jargon....Can someone tell me why this error (Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function CASE(). Expected 6, received 7) is happening in the following formula and how I can fix it.

Code:
CASE( Frequency__c ,  IF( ISPICKVAL( Frequency__c , "Low") , 1, 0) , 1, IF( ISPICKVAL( Frequency__c , "Moderate") , 2, 0), 2,IF( ISPICKVAL( Frequency__c , "High") , 3, 0),3)  *  CASE( Severity__c , IF( ISPICKVAL( Severity__c  , "Low") , 2, 0), 2, IF( ISPICKVAL( Severity__c  , "Moderate") , 3, 0) , 3,IF( ISPICKVAL( Severity__c  , "High") , 5, 0),5)

What I am trying to do is have a picklist value return a number so I can multiply two picklist values together to obtain a number.  The picklist values are Low, Moderate, High for both frequency and severity.  I want to multiply the values to obtain an Impact Score....thanks!
I have an existing spreadsheet that contains action items that need to be loaded into salesforce.  I am customizing the application for a clinical research application within the medical device industry.  We have spreadsheets with action items that need to be done at the research sites.

I have customized the cases tab with all of the fields I need (do you think I should create a custom object for this instead?), and now am trying to figure out the excel connector and how to load the information.  Is it possible to reorder the columns after a query?  The columns on the query do not match with the columns on the existing spreadsheets and it would be a pain to have to copy and paste individual columns instead of the whole thing.

Thanks
I am new to Salesforce and just finished customizing the first phase of our org.  I have some issues I am trying to circumvent relating to printable views of SF records.  I would ideally like to be able to create some way of printing records without using SF reports.  I do not like the format of these reports and have other reasons for wanting to print records.  I am not using this as a Sales application, but rather have customized it for a clinical research oriented company.

Someone I had talked to had mentioned using mail merge to provide another view of the records, or using S-controls to create the view I am looking for.  I have limited knowledge of Java, but have a roomate who is willing to help who is a Java Software Developer. 

I am trying to find some basic information on how to write S-Controls using Java but cannot seem to find any.  Does anyone have any links or information that can help me?  or have any other ideas about how I can print records without having to use a printable view?  I could probably export to excel but would need to be able to specify which cells the particular records are going to go to, and also need to format the sheet to my specifications.  Any help that anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Joe