• Director, Developer Programs & Events
  • salesforce.com

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In the Data Modeling challenge, "creating relationship to the offer object", I am getting this error: "On the Offer object, add a Master-Detail relationship to the Property object named Property". I and stuck and need a suggestion on what to do.  

Come join the NYC-Philly Developer User Group event on Nov 30 for an evening of fun, food and cloud trivia at Hudson Yards Cafe immediately following Cloudforce at the Javits Center! There will an open bar, appetizers and great Force.com guests and experts from across the Cloud!

Register early, space is limited and names will be checked at the door!

http://bit.ly/nov30_devug

• November 18, 2011

The Winter '12 Release Preview webinar is planned for September 28 Join us and discover the new Force.com and Database.com developer features coming in the Winter '12 Release Preview, including:

• Java SDK: A new Java SDK that lets developers quickly and easily access data in Database.com or Force.com from their Java applications.

• Schema Builder: View a read-only diagram of the elements of your schema in a simple drag-and-drop interfaces.
  • JSON support in Apex: Use JSON classes to parse JSON content and serialize Apex objects into the JSON format.
  • Visualforce charting: Create charts in a simple and intuitive way in your Visualforce pages and custom components.

To register, click here!

• September 19, 2011
Join us for a developer meetup at the Forefront Center in Waltham on July 13 starting at 6:00 pm. This event lets you learn and explore the Force.com platform. You’ll also get a chance to meet our technical experts. We'll supply food, drinks, free t-shirts.

Track 1: Introduction to Force.com Platform

• For those new to Force.com, will get you up and building apps in the cloud in no time. The track first introduces you to the Force.com platform and then turns it over to you to create your first cloud app via step-by-step tutorials.

Track 2: Mobile Development for Force.com

• With so many choices available to the developer in mobile development, it is often hard to decide which is the best choice for your needs. Do you build a native application for iOS and Android, or do you choose one of the newer write-once technologies and deploy to multiple platforms? Track 2 will explore this theme discussing mobile development in the cloud, and why mobile and cloud are perfect partners for modern application development.

For more details and to RSVP, click here.

It has been one year since we came to Boston for the Force.com Developer Meetup. Join us at the Forefront Center in Waltham on July 13 starting at 6:00 pm. This event will allow "new to Force.com" developers to learn and explore the Force.com platform with a hands-on lab, while the expert Force.com developers will be able to learn about mobile development for Force.com. You’ll also get a chance to meet our technical experts. We'll supply food, drinks, free t-shirts.

For those new to Force.com, will get you up and building apps in the cloud in no time. The track first introduces you to the Force.com platform and then turns it over to you to create your first cloud app via step-by-step tutorials.

Track 2: Mobile Development for Force.com

With so many choices available to the developer in mobile development, it is often hard to decide which is the best choice for your needs. Do you build a native application for iOS and Android, or do you choose one of the newer write-once technologies and deploy to multiple platforms? Track 2 will explore this theme discussing mobile development in the cloud, and why mobile and cloud are perfect partners for modern application development. We encourage all local developers to come out for an evening of fun, food and learning.

Please RSVP by clicking here.

The Force.com Streaming API developer preview lets you push data from your Force.com applications to clients in a secure and scalable way using a persistent HTTP connection.

Join this webinar to:

• Get familiar with typical use cases for this Streaming API
  • Learn about Comet and persistent HTTP technologies
  • See the Streaming API in action
  • Understand the data model

Register by clicking here.

Join Quinton Wall, Senior Developer Evangelist and Logan Henriquez, Senior Product Manager for Platform, who will deliver the new Chatter REST API developer preview webinar on June 28. The Chatter REST API defines more efficient calls to set and retrieve your crucial Chatter data, as well as easily enabling pulling data from external resources.

At this live webinar, you will  be able to:

• Learn about advanced data access and features with this API
  • Gain insight into making optimal use of the API
  • Understand use cases and sample scenarios
  • See live demo and code of working examples

Please register now.

Join us for a developer meetup at West 8th in Seattle on June 22 starting at 6:00 pm. This event lets you learn and explore the Force.com platform. You’ll also get a chance to meet our technical experts. We'll supply food, drinks, free t-shirts.

• For those new to Force.com, will get you up and building apps in the cloud in no time. The track first introduces you to the Force.com platform and then turns it over to you to create your first cloud app via step-by-step tutorials.

Track 2: Spotlight on Mobile

• Mobile application development is hot! Traditionally, developing for mobile means learning new languages and new ways of dealing with the newer mobile UI paradigms. But what if you are not an Objective-c developer? Or proficient in Java? Now you can use the languages of the internet, HTML, Javascript and Flex to create mobile applications. In this track we are presenting two sessions to illustrate just how to do that while at the same time leveraging the power of database.com.
More details and RSVP...
Join us for a developer meetup at DePaul University, Chicago on June 7th starting at 6:00 pm. This event lets you learn and explore the Force.com platform. You’ll also get a chance to meet our technical experts. We'll supply food, drinks, free t-shirts.
Don’t forget to tell your friends, and we will see you there!

For those new to Force.com, will get you up and building apps in the cloud in no time. The track first introduces you to the Force.com platform and then turns it over to you to create your first cloud app via step-by-step tutorials.

Track 2: Changing the game with Spring & Summer '11

The first presentation will provide an overview of some of the hot new features available with the Spring and Summer ‘11 releases. The second presentation will be a deeper dive into using the REST with Apex and Oauth for third party applications, and building out HTML5 interfaces using JavaScript Remoting and Dynamic Visualforce components.

Click to get more RSVP details...

Database.com is the enterprise cloud database that is designed for the next generation of collaborative, mobile and real-time apps. Get an overview of Database.com and how it is uniquely positioned to support these enterprise applications. In this live webinar, you will learn about Mobile application development using Database.com as a data service, Real-time collaboration using the integrated social data model and APIs, Performance, reliability & scalability, already serving 10B transactions per quarter and Identity & access management controls, enabling secure sharing of data across organizational boundaries.

To join us, please register now (space is limited).

This webinar will provide an overview of integrating Force.com with other cloud services and will include demos and code walkthroughs of integrating with couple of popular cloud based social services.

Join this webinar for a deep dive into:

• General patterns of integrating with other cloud services.
        • Platform features (like Apex callouts) that can be used to implement cloud to cloud integrations.
        • Demo and code walk-throughs of specific integrations with popular cloud services.

Register while space is available.

Join Sandeep Bhanot and Dave Carroll and discover the new Force.com and Chatter developer features coming in the Summer '11 Release Preview, including:
        • A new Chatter REST API - Enable mobile, desktop and 3rd party web apps to access Chatter using a web-friendly API.
        • Dynamic Visualforce Components - Define Visualforce Components in Apex code and inject them into any part of the page dynamically.
        • Just-In-Time User Provisioning - Use SAML-enabled SSO to create users on the fly the first time they try to log in.

To register, click here.Summer11-278x194

• April 28, 2011
          Join Quinton Wall, Sr. Developer Evangelist and Mike Leach, Force.com MVP from Facebook on April 27. They will talk and demo on developing mobile Force.com apps for the iPhone and iPad. Mobile application development is one of the fastest growing segments in IT today. This webinar introduces 2 frameworks for building mobile Force.com apps – one for native iOS apps, and one for web container-based iOS apps. 225x158-iOS-toolkit
          Get a deep dive into:
          • General mobile app development trends.
          • Building native apps with the Force.com Toolkit for iOS.
          • Building web-container based apps with Facebook’s iOS.
          • Mobile Web Framework for Force.com.

For registration details, please click here.

• April 12, 2011

Our next stop is Orange County in LA on April 13th. For those new to Force.com, will get you up and building apps in the Orangecountycpacloud in no time. This session will introduce you to the Force.com platform and then turn it over to you to create your first cloud app via step-by-step tutorials. Make sure you bring your laptop. If we get time, perhaps we can also do a quick round of Force.trivia, athough the folks in San Antonio set the bar pretty high!

We'll supply food, drinks, free t-shirts and an opportunity for you to enter into a random drawing to win an iPod Touch!

Don't forget to register early for the OC meetup if you are in the area, or one of the other events I mentioned above. See you then!

• April 01, 2011

The Force.com Developer Meetup is heading to the capital and ready to meet the Washington DC developer community at Gordon Biersch, Tysons Corner on Tuesday, April 5th @ 6:30pm EDT.

The Force.com technical experts (Dave Carroll and Steven Bobrowski) will be there to meet with you and share what's new with Heroku/Ruby and the Force.com platform.

If you have been to other tech meetups, you know the drill: quench your thirst, meet some cool people, learn about building apps in the cloud, get a free Force.com t-shirt and a chance to win an iPod Touch*. *iPod Touch - 32 GB MC008LL/A

For details and RSVP, click here.

• March 29, 2011

The Force.com Developer Meetup is heading to Minnesota and ready to meet the Minneapolis developer community at The Local - Irish Pub on Tuesday, April 19th @ 6:30pm CDT.

Developer Evangelist Josh Birk will be there to answer questions, discuss what’s new with the Force.com platform and share a few demos with Flex, Chatter and mobile platforms.

If you have been to other tech meetups, you know the drill: quench your thirst, meet some cool people, learn about building apps in the cloud, get a free Force.com t-shirt and a chance to win an iPod Touch*. *iPod Touch - 32 GB MC008LL/A

For more details and RSVP, click here.

• March 29, 2011
          Join Steve Greene, VP of Agile Development at salesforce.com and Sue Vickers, Principal Product  Manager for CA Agile Vision at CA Technologies on April 5 for a live webinar on Agile.

Agilepromo
          Learn about Agile methodology and tools to build cloud apps, so that you can increase your application development productivity and predictability. Listen firsthand from Agile practitioners on how they are speeding their development cycles and developing in ways that are aligned with business and customer needs. In this webinar you will learn about the principles of agile development, salesforce.com’s transformation to Agile and CA Agile Vision app, built on Force.com.

All attendees at this live webinar will receive a free copy of the Agile for Dummies book (limited supplies) for download.

Register for free while seating is available.

• March 21, 2011

If you are going to be in New York City, you will be excited to meet the Force.com experts from RtaImage
          salesforce.com, at the March 17 NYC Developer User Group meeting. Expand our knowledge on the following topics:

• Kautuk Surjan: Apex, Visualforce and Service Cloud
          • Tushar Jadhav: Data expert
          • Sohail Sikora: API Guru
          • Anand Bashyam Narasimhan: VMforce

The NYC Developer UG will be hosted by Luke Cushanick and he plans to make it an exciting evening with food, fun and cool giveaways.

Click here to get more details and to RSVP.

• March 15, 2011
          We are continuing the 1000,000,000 lines of Apex Code celebration, by hosting the Apex Code Testing and 449-apextesting-webinar Coverage Best Practices webinar for all Force.com experts out there. Join us and take a deep dive into testing and code coverage on Force.com, and learn some solid best practices and recipes for writing better tests. 

Register now - and get a chance to win 1 iPod nano by attending this webinar.

• March 14, 2011

San Mateo Force.com Developer Meetup [Register here]

Join us for a developer meetup at our San Mateo Headquarters on February 22nd starting at 6:00 pm. This event lets you learn and explore the Force.com platform. You’ll also get a chance to meet our technical experts. We'll supply food, drinks, free t-shirts and an opportunity for you to enter into a random drawing to win an iPod Touch!

Track 1: Introduction to Force.com

Track 2: Force.com REST API/Force.com Toolkit for Ruby

• In Track 2, we are going to kick it up a notch. In the first half, we will introduce the new REST API, highlight how to authenticate via OAuth2, and demonstrate some of the typical operations you may perform including querying objects, and updating records. In the second half, you will see how to configure your Ruby On Rails app to use the new Force.com Toolkit for Ruby to connect to Force.com, and deploy it to Heroku.

Don't forget to tell your friends! Register here.

• February 12, 2011
          As most of you would have already watched the Visualforce webinar and signed up for the free developer preview, some of you might be asking yourselves, "what do I do next?". I thought this introductory tutorial would help many of you, especially if you are new to force.com. It is a practical step-by-step hands-on guide on building your first Visualforce page. Happy Learning!

• October 24, 2007

Hi,

are there any salesforce developer group meetings happening in detroit area?

Thnx.

• September 09, 2011
          I thought I had a Developer Edition account, but it looks like I have an Enterprise Edition account.  I want to sign up for the free Visualforce Webinar on Oct 16th so that I can find out more about that functionality.  However, when I tried to sign up, it informed me that I needed a Developer Edition account.  It doesn't make sense to me that I cannot sign up for the Webinar with this account but I can post to the newsgroup here and can create S-Controls and do Apex development.

Regardless, it looked like I could sign up for a new free Developer Edition account, so I tried to create a new account (with my yahoo e-mail address rather than my company one, since that one was already the user id for the Enterprise Edition account).  But, I was never e-mailed a password to log in with.  When creating the account, I was never prompted to enter a password.  I received the Welcome to the Apex Developer Netword e-mail, but I have no way to log in.  Any suggestions as to what I need to do to sign up for the Webinar?  I am surprised that this is so difficult.  Thanks.
          • September 28, 2007