• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I downloaded the Quick Start sample and installed it.

I run the "Open Quick Start in Visual Studio" and Visual Studio 2005 opens with the source code.
If I chose to "Run C# Quick-Start" it works fine.

The Setting.Settings file has a warning icon and I get the following error and warning...

Error    1    Source file 'D:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Developer Network\quickstart\Apex Developer Network\Version 10.0\CSharp .Net\quickstart_cs\Properties\Settings.Designer.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ')    quickstart_cs

Warning    2    The custom tool 'SettingsSingleFileGenerator' failed while processing the file 'Properties\Settings.settings'.   

• March 16, 2008
I've added custom field to Opportunities and set it as a unique external ID.  In the Salesforce application I can see the field.

When I try to upload a value to it using Data Loader, the custom field does NOT show up to allow me to match it to my CSV file for upload.

I've used the same technique for Products and it worked fine.
  • January 11, 2008
I've successufully used the Apex Data Loader to upload, export, and delete files in my development account.

When I tried to login to the Data Loader with my Enterprise username and password to load the data to my live system, the user name and password were rejected.

I went back to salesforce and logged in to my Enterprise account and was able to get to the Data Management under Administration Setup.  Unfortunately the interface is different.

I'd prefer not to learn a new interface.  Is there a way to make the Apex Data Loader work on an Enterprise account?

• January 07, 2008
I downloaded and executed the msi file but can't find the sforce_connect.xla file

MSI install does not give any options and it is not in the expected Microsoft\Addins folder

Is it possible to get a copy of the
sforce_connect.xla file somewhere else so I can place it in a folder?
  • January 05, 2008
I would like for Salesforce to periodically poll an external web service.  Is that possible?

Seems that I could use a trigger but as I understand it, the only way to fire a trigger is to actually modify an object.

• January 04, 2008
I got the .NET asp example project created and running but I can't run the Web2Lead example because configuresecurity.exe will not run.  The other examples are running fine.

I'm running Windows XP

Anyone else have this problem.  Got a fix?
  • August 27, 2007
I downloaded the Quick Start sample and installed it.

I run the "Open Quick Start in Visual Studio" and Visual Studio 2005 opens with the source code.
If I chose to "Run C# Quick-Start" it works fine.

The Setting.Settings file has a warning icon and I get the following error and warning...

Error    1    Source file 'D:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Developer Network\quickstart\Apex Developer Network\Version 10.0\CSharp .Net\quickstart_cs\Properties\Settings.Designer.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ')    quickstart_cs

Warning    2    The custom tool 'SettingsSingleFileGenerator' failed while processing the file 'Properties\Settings.settings'.   

• March 16, 2008
I've added custom field to Opportunities and set it as a unique external ID.  In the Salesforce application I can see the field.

When I try to upload a value to it using Data Loader, the custom field does NOT show up to allow me to match it to my CSV file for upload.

I've used the same technique for Products and it worked fine.
  • January 11, 2008
I've successufully used the Apex Data Loader to upload, export, and delete files in my development account.

When I tried to login to the Data Loader with my Enterprise username and password to load the data to my live system, the user name and password were rejected.

I went back to salesforce and logged in to my Enterprise account and was able to get to the Data Management under Administration Setup.  Unfortunately the interface is different.

I'd prefer not to learn a new interface.  Is there a way to make the Apex Data Loader work on an Enterprise account?

• January 07, 2008
I would like for Salesforce to periodically poll an external web service.  Is that possible?

Seems that I could use a trigger but as I understand it, the only way to fire a trigger is to actually modify an object.

• January 04, 2008