Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way to know, not using the metadata API, whether 
Allow Users to Relate Multiple Contacts to Tasks and Events
is checked or not?

Because, if it is, we need to read eventrelation to find the whos, and to write eventrelations if there are multiple whos.
If it's off, we can only have 1 who, and we shouldn't write to it.
Also, if it's on, EventRelation.status seems to be unset for many-who records, whereas it's set to new or another status value if you are using it for invitations. Is setting to null ok for many-who use?

Also, it seems to be default off right now. Is that scheduled to change? Is there a time to upgrade?
Most libraries used in IOS development today are distributed as a source you can grab from github if you want to make your life hard, and then a cocoapod.
Cocoapods - as seen on cocoapods.org are a way of handing the dependancies, libraries, build path changes, header lookups, and all the other details of integrating a library automatically.

Can you package the IOS SDK as a pod? (dependant on FMDB, SQLCipher, and MKNetworkKit, of course)?
You could even keep the pieces as sub-pods, and have your demo app as something where you already did pod install, and the whole project is in git.
Is there a way to know, not using the metadata API, whether 
Allow Users to Relate Multiple Contacts to Tasks and Events
is checked or not?

Because, if it is, we need to read eventrelation to find the whos, and to write eventrelations if there are multiple whos.
If it's off, we can only have 1 who, and we shouldn't write to it.
Also, if it's on, EventRelation.status seems to be unset for many-who records, whereas it's set to new or another status value if you are using it for invitations. Is setting to null ok for many-who use?

Also, it seems to be default off right now. Is that scheduled to change? Is there a time to upgrade?

On the opporunity object we have several custom lookup fields that look up to custom objects. When you create these fields there are new report types automatically created. Something like "Opportunties AND Primary Solution". Here are some other examples:

Yet I also have a custom lookup field on the Opportunity object that looks up to the standard Account object (Reseller Account). With this relationship there is no automatically generated report type Opportunities AND Reseller Account. Does anyone know why? Does this only work with custom objects?

Yes, I know custom report types could address this issue but this is not an ideal solution. The automatically created report types also automatically pull in other fields form the opp account, owner, etc, and groups them accordingnly. It's a lot of work to do this on a  custom report from scatch.

Does anyone know why this isn't working?

Thanks,

Jason

• March 08, 2011
Is there anyway to tell which Custom Reports are dependant on each Custom Report Type?

I need to delete some of our redundant report types, but need to be sure I'm not deleting any active reports in the process.

Thanks
  • November 24, 2008
Can someone help me decode this failure reason -

Owner: id value of incorrect type: 00G40000000xXXXX

It's not clear to me how the id can be of incorrect type.
  • November 12, 2008
When prompted by the apex data loader I enter my salesforce.com username and password, but this message keeps appearing:

Error logging in to Salesforce. Please check your username and password.

When I login to salesforce.com with the same username and password it works.

Does anyone know why I can't login to the data loader?

Message Edited by Lkc037 on 12-11-2007 11:49 AM
  • December 11, 2007
Does anyone have/know of a tool that can pull data from multiple sources to do reporting?  We would like to pull data from our data warehouse and salesforce.com to display in salesforce.com.  Am I going to have to export the data from salesforce.com to our warehouse and then do reporting from there?  If so, how do I display that in saleforce.com, ie web service, crystal reports, etc...