• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom formula field called forecast.  My formula for it is:    IF(ProbabilityFW__c > 75, ProbabilityFW__c * Opportunity_Amount__c, Opportunity_Amount__c)
What im trying to do is to say that IF my probability field (ProbabilityFW_c) is greater then 75% then the forecast field should show that probability times the Amount (Opportunity_Amount_c).  IF the Probability is less then 75% i want the forecast field to equal the Amount (Opportunity_Amount_c).
The problem is that no matter what my (ProbabilityFW_c) equalls above 75% or below i still only get the Amount value and not Amount times Probability for above 75%.
I can not figure out what I am doing wrong.
  • February 12, 2008
I thought it would be a simple formula.  But when i go to create a field.  I select formula and then you are required to select what time of field the formula field with by ex.  currency, date, etc.  I want the field to be a Checkbox field.  If someone selects won from the drop down list of stage and i want my custom checkbox formula field called Won to automatically get checked.
how can i do that?
  • August 16, 2007
i want to creat a field called PC Amt (PC_Amt__c) = PC_QTY__c * Sales Price (sales price from the products)

Problem is when i try to create a new formula field in opportunity and i select PC QTY as the field and then the "*" i have no way of selecting Sales Price from the fields drop down menu.

Does anyone know how i can do this?
  • August 14, 2007
Commit Amount = Amount * Probability only if Probability < 75% if not Commit Amount = Amount

Any suggestions?
  • August 13, 2007
I would like to create a custom formula field called Part Number and i would like this field to display what ever the first Product or in many cases the only product which i added to an opportunity is.
I assumed this would be as simple as Part_Number = Product............problem is that product is not one of the fields which i can select from the drop down menu in advanced formulas.
  • August 09, 2007
I would like to create a validation rule for a custome % field.  I would like my employees to be able to only enter 0, 25, 50, 75, 90, or 100, and receive an error message whenever they enter any other number.
My error message will then appear and state "please select 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%.

How do i do this.

I tried:                Probability_Funding__c <> 5            *that would be one validation rule, and then i made more validation rules to cover all the numbers from 5 to 95 going by fives exept for the numbers i need.  But the validation rule ended up giving me an error no matter what number i put it, 25, 55, or 19 nothing works.

• August 03, 2007
Well i have 4 custom fields in my opportunity.... They are Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4,  and basically what i would like a custom formula that will take the probability times the Amount ( I already have this) and then i want the formula to take the close date in to consideration and place the Factored Amount into one of those fields which each represent 3 month of the year...Q1(July-Sept.), Q2(Oct.-Dec.), Q3(Jan.-March), Q4(April-June)

I figure it would be Amount * Probability and then something else....But what???
I have a custom formula field called forecast.  My formula for it is:    IF(ProbabilityFW__c > 75, ProbabilityFW__c * Opportunity_Amount__c, Opportunity_Amount__c)
What im trying to do is to say that IF my probability field (ProbabilityFW_c) is greater then 75% then the forecast field should show that probability times the Amount (Opportunity_Amount_c).  IF the Probability is less then 75% i want the forecast field to equal the Amount (Opportunity_Amount_c).
The problem is that no matter what my (ProbabilityFW_c) equalls above 75% or below i still only get the Amount value and not Amount times Probability for above 75%.
I can not figure out what I am doing wrong.
  • February 12, 2008
Commit Amount = Amount * Probability only if Probability < 75% if not Commit Amount = Amount

Any suggestions?
  • August 13, 2007
I would like to create a validation rule for a custome % field.  I would like my employees to be able to only enter 0, 25, 50, 75, 90, or 100, and receive an error message whenever they enter any other number.
My error message will then appear and state "please select 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%.

How do i do this.

I tried:                Probability_Funding__c <> 5            *that would be one validation rule, and then i made more validation rules to cover all the numbers from 5 to 95 going by fives exept for the numbers i need.  But the validation rule ended up giving me an error no matter what number i put it, 25, 55, or 19 nothing works.

• August 03, 2007
Well i have 4 custom fields in my opportunity.... They are Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4,  and basically what i would like a custom formula that will take the probability times the Amount ( I already have this) and then i want the formula to take the close date in to consideration and place the Factored Amount into one of those fields which each represent 3 month of the year...Q1(July-Sept.), Q2(Oct.-Dec.), Q3(Jan.-March), Q4(April-June)

I figure it would be Amount * Probability and then something else....But what???