• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I need some help regarding creating and hiding username and password fields on an account without creating new profiles.

Our solution already has >20 profiles and if I would create a new profile for each user that should have access to these new fields, I need to create at least 10 more.

I thought about hiding the username and password for all users except the sysadmin and then create a Formula field (text) which shows the information based on a checkbox in the userrecord.

IF( $User.Password_active__c = true, Password_c , ""), i.e. shows the content of the field "Password" if the checkbox is marked, otherwise it shows nothing.

Is there another way of doing this, and are there any security implications of this approach that I should know of?

Thanks,
Joakim

• October 30, 2007

Is it possible to show the date lookup-component (similar to the one that is available when you edit a Date-field) in my custom s-control, or do I have to write my own validation code in javascript and use a standard HTML Form text field?

I want to be able to add a button to my account, which will pop up a new window with edit-fields for some of my fields in the page layout. I have so many fields on my account page layout that it would be nice just to see a subset of them when i click the button.

Thanks,
Joakim

• October 19, 2007
Hi,

I need some help regarding creating and hiding username and password fields on an account without creating new profiles.

Our solution already has >20 profiles and if I would create a new profile for each user that should have access to these new fields, I need to create at least 10 more.

I thought about hiding the username and password for all users except the sysadmin and then create a Formula field (text) which shows the information based on a checkbox in the userrecord.

IF( $User.Password_active__c = true, Password_c , ""), i.e. shows the content of the field "Password" if the checkbox is marked, otherwise it shows nothing.

Is there another way of doing this, and are there any security implications of this approach that I should know of?

Thanks,
Joakim

• October 30, 2007

Is it possible to show the date lookup-component (similar to the one that is available when you edit a Date-field) in my custom s-control, or do I have to write my own validation code in javascript and use a standard HTML Form text field?

I want to be able to add a button to my account, which will pop up a new window with edit-fields for some of my fields in the page layout. I have so many fields on my account page layout that it would be nice just to see a subset of them when i click the button.

Thanks,
Joakim

• October 19, 2007