• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am using <apex:inputField> tag in a Visualforce page to render a User lookup field on a custom object. However, unlike the standard Edit screen the VF page doesn't render the picklist that's in front of the lookup fild which promts for type of user (User or Partner User). Basically, no partner users can be selected from the VF page.

Is this a known limitation of inputField component? Or am I missing a setting of some sort?

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to retrieve dependent picklist metadata using schema API in Apex Code? There is no getValidFor method on Schema.PicklistEntry object which is how you get at dependent vlues in Web Services API. Or is there another way to get at this information?
I have a trigger that sets a Checkbox field to true which is supposed to set off a Workflow rule. This works fine as long as no Lead assignment is taking place ("Assign using active assignment rules" checkbox is off). Should field updates made by triggers during Lead assignment be picked up by Workflow rules? Looking at System Log it seems like the workflow rules are not even being considered.

Thanks in advance,

max
Should updating a child record fire an update trigger on the master? We have a trigger on Master-Detail record which pushed some values down to the child records. And we have another trigger on the child record which does some computation. Updating master records causes infinite recursion as the master trigger updates child records which fires the master trigger again and on it goes. I also tested updating child record directly and it also seems to fire the After Update trigger on the master.

Has anybody run into this issue before? Is there a solution to this problem?

I've had this discussion in the past with a few people at Salesforce.com and at the time there was no resolution to this issue.  If you're publishing a managed application that includes triggers on standard objects, how can your unit tests account for or bypass the customer's custom validation rules?

For example, if I have a trigger on the account object and my unit test inserts a new account to get the required test coverage, how do I allow for a customer who has a custom required field or a validation rule on a specific field that can't be known about during creation of the managed package?  Currently this would cause the unit test to fail.

Failed unit tests can be ignored for installation of managed packages, but they can't be ignored when a customer is deploying code from a sandbox/DE org to a production org or when migrating change sets from sandbox to production in an org with a managed package already installed that has failing unit tests. 

Thanks, 

• March 03, 2010

I have a button on the Account object called "Add Partner". This button is linked to a Visualforce page called "AddPartners". When a user clicks on this button I would like only certain accounts to display on the visualforce in a list view. The only accounts that I would like to show up are ones where a checkbox field on the account record, called "Partners", is checked. Is this possible?

Should updating a child record fire an update trigger on the master? We have a trigger on Master-Detail record which pushed some values down to the child records. And we have another trigger on the child record which does some computation. Updating master records causes infinite recursion as the master trigger updates child records which fires the master trigger again and on it goes. I also tested updating child record directly and it also seems to fire the After Update trigger on the master.

Has anybody run into this issue before? Is there a solution to this problem?