• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Should these apex keywords be available in our (unlimited edition) sandbox? I get an error if I try to use them. e.g., "Error: Compile Error: OuterClass.InnerClass: Virtual class not allowed in this organization"

Thanks.
  • April 16, 2008
I can see a link to the the metadata.wsdl in my personal sf sandbox (developer edition). But I don't see any link to the metadata.wsdl in our corporate (unlimited edition) sandbox.

The salesforce_spring08_release_notes.pdf indicates that it should be available in developer, enterprise and unlimited editions.

The release notes also indicate that this feature is "Not automatically visible. Feature is enabled but requires some setup".I can't find any instructions on how to set this up in our unlimited sandbox. I have full sys admin rights to the corporate sandbox, if that matters.
  • April 09, 2008
Using apache soap to generate soap clients for the "enterprise" and "metadata" wsdls.

The following works great with the "Enterprise" wsdl::

binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();

loginResult = binding.login(userName, password);
        binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
            loginResult.getServerUrl());
        SessionHeader sh = new SessionHeader();
        sh.setSessionId(loginResult.getSessionId());
        binding.setHeader(new SforceServiceLocator().getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),
                          "SessionHeader", sh);
//all subsequent calls work great

However, I must be missing something in the metadata api. There is no "login" method on the MetadataBindingStub generated from the metadata.wsdl ... how does one login and create a session?

metaBinding = (MetadataBindingStub) new MetadataServiceLocator().getMetadata();
            metaBinding.setUsername(userName);
            metaBinding.setPassword(password);

metaBinding.describeMetadata(); // >> INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session

Thanks.

• March 04, 2008
Using apache soap to generate soap clients for the "enterprise" and "metadata" wsdls.

The following works great with the "Enterprise" wsdl::

binding = (SoapBindingStub) new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap();

loginResult = binding.login(userName, password);
        binding._setProperty(SoapBindingStub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
            loginResult.getServerUrl());
        SessionHeader sh = new SessionHeader();
        sh.setSessionId(loginResult.getSessionId());
        binding.setHeader(new SforceServiceLocator().getServiceName().getNamespaceURI(),
                          "SessionHeader", sh);
//all subsequent calls work great

However, I must be missing something in the metadata api. There is no "login" method on the MetadataBindingStub generated from the metadata.wsdl ... how does one login and create a session?

metaBinding = (MetadataBindingStub) new MetadataServiceLocator().getMetadata();
            metaBinding.setUsername(userName);
            metaBinding.setPassword(password);

metaBinding.describeMetadata(); // >> INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session

Thanks.

• March 04, 2008
Hello-
I am working through the visual force tutorials and want to create a static resource. The winter 08 release notes say that is it available as preview in developers account; however, when I go setup->build->
there is no option for static resources. I think visualforce is enabled because I can create pages.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Katrina
  • October 25, 2007