• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am developing an application for the AppExchange that uploads data to users' Salesforce accounts.  I am upserting data using a custom external id field that is included with my application package.  The application works fine on developer edition accounts, but once I tested it on a Professional Edition account, it failed saying 'Field name provided does not match external id'.  I have AppExchange certification, so accessing the Pro edition accounts isn't a problem, just upserting.  Looking through the field definition, it is the same on my test developer accounts and pro account.  The field is set as an external id, so it should work.  Anyone know what's going on here?
Hello- I have an app I am developing for Appexchange and have started working on a listing.  The listing is linked to a now outdated version of the app package and I am trying to link it to my new version.  I registered the new package and tried to update the listing using the 'Replace Package' link, but no options appear in the 'Replacement package' dropdown box.  Anyone know what I can do?
I am developing an app for Appexchange that needs to import lots of data into a user's sales force account.  This has to be able to occur automatically, and I won't have a user's username and password, only a session id.  I have looked at the Data Loader program, but it seems like there is no provision for using this without a username and password.  I started to look at modifying the java source to suit my purpose, but I don't want to do this if there is a better way.  What would be the best way for an Appexchange app to import lots of data into its users' accounts?  I typically use .net, so I would like to use it if possible.

Thanks,
Martin
I am developing an application for the AppExchange that uploads data to users' Salesforce accounts.  I am upserting data using a custom external id field that is included with my application package.  The application works fine on developer edition accounts, but once I tested it on a Professional Edition account, it failed saying 'Field name provided does not match external id'.  I have AppExchange certification, so accessing the Pro edition accounts isn't a problem, just upserting.  Looking through the field definition, it is the same on my test developer accounts and pro account.  The field is set as an external id, so it should work.  Anyone know what's going on here?
I am developing an app for Appexchange that needs to import lots of data into a user's sales force account.  This has to be able to occur automatically, and I won't have a user's username and password, only a session id.  I have looked at the Data Loader program, but it seems like there is no provision for using this without a username and password.  I started to look at modifying the java source to suit my purpose, but I don't want to do this if there is a better way.  What would be the best way for an Appexchange app to import lots of data into its users' accounts?  I typically use .net, so I would like to use it if possible.

Thanks,
Martin