• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've got a relatively simple little setup to test out retrieving some salesforce data.  I can't quite get the records to retrieve the data inside them however (like first name, last name, etc.).  Here's what I've got:

<cfset queryName = sfObject.query("SELECT firstname FROM contact")>
<cfset queryRecords = queryName.getRecords()>
<cfdump var="#ArrayLen(queryRecords)#">
<cfdump var="#sfObject.describeGlobal().getTypes()#">

As you can see I'm using CF.  I was breaking down the objects with cfdump and figuring out what methods were inside each class, but I've come to a stopping point where I can't figure out how to retrieve the exact data I need (such as first name).  The query executes correctly (as I tested incorrect ones out to make sure) but using things like:

queryRecords.firstname
or
queryRecords[1].firstname

doesn't work (although the second one appears to be more correct).  There should be 21 objects inside of queryRecord so queryRecord[1] should be perfectly fine (per the array length check).  Other websites I've checked out have done it just like this, with a loop around what should be the record result set to output all of the results they retrieve.

Thanks in advance :)
  • April 17, 2008
When attempting to retrieve the WSDL through a simple function I get the return error:

Unable to parse WSDL as an XML document.
Parsing error: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=20: The reference to entity "startURL" must end with the ';' delimiter.
It is recommended that you use a web browser to retrieve and examine the requested WSDL document to ensure it is correct.

I have of course checked the URL (https://na2.salesforce.com/services/wsdl/metadata) to insure it appears correct.  I even tried downloading it as a WSDL file and storing it in my local space (but it won't read the url as a webservice even as localhost).  I also tried storing it as a webservice in my admin tools (I'm using coldfusion, the setup for this is rather easy), and it returned an error as well (Error creating web service. Please ensure that you have entered a correct Web Service name or URL.).

I'm using Coldfusion 8 mixed with an IIS 7 server on Vista if that helps at all.  Thanks for any and all help :)

P.S. I double checked that I am using the correct login credentials for Salesforce as well.

Message Edited by ldtech on 04-16-2008 11:11 AM
  • April 16, 2008
I'm working with a customer that uses salesforce currently and would like to add a few features onto their web site product (that we've developed) that interact with some data that's stored in their salesforce account.

My question is, I'm working with Coldfusion which doesn't appear to have any packages for salesforce so I was wondering if it's possible to do a simple connection with AJAX in order to draw down and update some of their data.  I was reviewing some of the AJAX proxy options and think that this would be the route I would go down, but other than the AJAX Proxy page I can't find any more information on how to get started with this and get it setup.

Some of the problems I'm having is finding a link to a javascript library that they seem to reference when doing their AJAX call connection and finding some basic instruction other than what they've got on that proxy page.  It seems pretty simple once I've got the library and connection instructions (if that's all there is to it) but I'd like to know if there's anything else I need to ramp up on before jumping into this headlong.

I've got about a week to show some decent progress and we'd like to have it up and running (doing updates to salesforce and drawing data down) in about a month.  Is this a reasonable expectation?
  • April 14, 2008
I've got a relatively simple little setup to test out retrieving some salesforce data.  I can't quite get the records to retrieve the data inside them however (like first name, last name, etc.).  Here's what I've got:

<cfset queryName = sfObject.query("SELECT firstname FROM contact")>
<cfset queryRecords = queryName.getRecords()>
<cfdump var="#ArrayLen(queryRecords)#">
<cfdump var="#sfObject.describeGlobal().getTypes()#">

As you can see I'm using CF.  I was breaking down the objects with cfdump and figuring out what methods were inside each class, but I've come to a stopping point where I can't figure out how to retrieve the exact data I need (such as first name).  The query executes correctly (as I tested incorrect ones out to make sure) but using things like:

queryRecords.firstname
or
queryRecords[1].firstname

doesn't work (although the second one appears to be more correct).  There should be 21 objects inside of queryRecord so queryRecord[1] should be perfectly fine (per the array length check).  Other websites I've checked out have done it just like this, with a loop around what should be the record result set to output all of the results they retrieve.

Thanks in advance :)
  • April 17, 2008
When attempting to retrieve the WSDL through a simple function I get the return error:

Unable to parse WSDL as an XML document.
Parsing error: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=20: The reference to entity "startURL" must end with the ';' delimiter.
It is recommended that you use a web browser to retrieve and examine the requested WSDL document to ensure it is correct.

I have of course checked the URL (https://na2.salesforce.com/services/wsdl/metadata) to insure it appears correct.  I even tried downloading it as a WSDL file and storing it in my local space (but it won't read the url as a webservice even as localhost).  I also tried storing it as a webservice in my admin tools (I'm using coldfusion, the setup for this is rather easy), and it returned an error as well (Error creating web service. Please ensure that you have entered a correct Web Service name or URL.).

I'm using Coldfusion 8 mixed with an IIS 7 server on Vista if that helps at all.  Thanks for any and all help :)

P.S. I double checked that I am using the correct login credentials for Salesforce as well.

Message Edited by ldtech on 04-16-2008 11:11 AM
  • April 16, 2008
I'm working with a customer that uses salesforce currently and would like to add a few features onto their web site product (that we've developed) that interact with some data that's stored in their salesforce account.

My question is, I'm working with Coldfusion which doesn't appear to have any packages for salesforce so I was wondering if it's possible to do a simple connection with AJAX in order to draw down and update some of their data.  I was reviewing some of the AJAX proxy options and think that this would be the route I would go down, but other than the AJAX Proxy page I can't find any more information on how to get started with this and get it setup.

Some of the problems I'm having is finding a link to a javascript library that they seem to reference when doing their AJAX call connection and finding some basic instruction other than what they've got on that proxy page.  It seems pretty simple once I've got the library and connection instructions (if that's all there is to it) but I'd like to know if there's anything else I need to ramp up on before jumping into this headlong.

I've got about a week to show some decent progress and we'd like to have it up and running (doing updates to salesforce and drawing data down) in about a month.  Is this a reasonable expectation?
  • April 14, 2008