• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How do I use dependent picklists on a Visualforce page? Do I need to code to ensure relevant LoVs are populated in the dependent picklist depending upon a value selected in the Controlling picklist?

Thanks. 

• December 10, 2009
Can someone suggest the syntax for checking if a date/time field is greater than a hardcoded date value to prevent saving of a record in a Validation Rule? Thanks.
  • November 10, 2009

Has anyone has any experience with customizing the lead conversion process? If yes please share. I am trying to achieve this.

But the fields for ConvertedAccountId, ConvertedOpportunityId, ConvertedContactId are not updatable on the Lead record. I was hoping that I could update this with the corresponding converted record ids, so that if the Lead is clicked on post conversion, we would get the usual page saying this lead was converted into xyz Acct, Contact & Oppty. I can create lookup fields to these 3 obj on the Lead, populate them and change the rec type and the page layout using a Workflow rule. But the problem would still exist if someone reports on converted leads using the standard 'Converted' reporting field.

If anyone has had experiences with custom lead conversion, please share. 

Message Edited by niksss on 11-04-2009 07:45 PM
  • November 05, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to connect from 1 sfdc instance to another using a webservice. The target instance however has login ip ranges on Profiles. When I try to make a connection via the sfdc webservice, I get an error for invalid ip range though this is from the authorized network. I think the issue may be, the IP Address of the machine used to call the webservice is not being considered for establishing this connection.

Any workaround for this? Do we need to include the SFDC servers' ip address range on the profile as well?

Thanks!

• November 01, 2009
Can someone suggest the syntax for checking if a date/time field is greater than a hardcoded date value to prevent saving of a record in a Validation Rule? Thanks.
  • November 10, 2009

Has anyone has any experience with customizing the lead conversion process? If yes please share. I am trying to achieve this.

But the fields for ConvertedAccountId, ConvertedOpportunityId, ConvertedContactId are not updatable on the Lead record. I was hoping that I could update this with the corresponding converted record ids, so that if the Lead is clicked on post conversion, we would get the usual page saying this lead was converted into xyz Acct, Contact & Oppty. I can create lookup fields to these 3 obj on the Lead, populate them and change the rec type and the page layout using a Workflow rule. But the problem would still exist if someone reports on converted leads using the standard 'Converted' reporting field.

If anyone has had experiences with custom lead conversion, please share. 

Message Edited by niksss on 11-04-2009 07:45 PM
  • November 05, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to connect from 1 sfdc instance to another using a webservice. The target instance however has login ip ranges on Profiles. When I try to make a connection via the sfdc webservice, I get an error for invalid ip range though this is from the authorized network. I think the issue may be, the IP Address of the machine used to call the webservice is not being considered for establishing this connection.

Any workaround for this? Do we need to include the SFDC servers' ip address range on the profile as well?

Thanks!

• November 01, 2009