• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

We have a tabbed Visualforce page in our Force.com application that is loading quite a bit of data from a custom controller. This has the potential to slow down the page load quite dramatically as all of the data is loaded via methods in the controller, and all the tabs on the page (about 9 of them) render on page load.

I'm looking for a way to improve the performance.  Thoughts so far:

• Move some of the queries into Ajax and have them execute onclick for each tab (never done Ajax so not sure about this)
  • Have some method of not rendering the contents of each tab on page load, only when the tab is selected

Can anyone provide some guidance here?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a clever way to avoid getting an error message when a query returns no results.  At the moment it throws a 'List has no rows for assignment to SObject' error.

An example of a query would be :

Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c draftFundAwaitingApproval = [ select Fund__r.Id from Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c where Fund_Asset_Class__r.Id =: fac.Parent__r.Id and Fund__r.Fund_Status__c='Awaiting Approval' ];

If there are no Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c's meeting the query criteria I get an error.

One way I've seen to possibly avoid this is to do something like:

if ( [ select Fund__r.Id from Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c where Fund_Asset_Class__r.Id =: fac.Parent__r.Id and Fund__r.Fund_Status__c='Awaiting Approval' ].size() >0 ) {

Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c draftFundAwaitingApproval = [ select Fund__r.Id from Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c where Fund_Asset_Class__r.Id =: fac.Parent__r.Id and Fund__r.Fund_Status__c='Awaiting Approval' ];

}

But this clearly creates two queries, and I'll quickly hit restriction limits this way.

Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Hi All,

I am having an issue when trying to include an iframe in a page rendered as PDF.

As html it works fine, but as PDF it doesn't render the iframe.

Is there anything I can do to stop the page rendering as PDF before the iframe loads?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi All,

I am having a few issues trying to migrate custom objects from one org to another using the Eclipse IDE.

The objects do not exist on the environment I am trying to create them on. I notice that in the metadata, field names are detailed under the <fullName> element.  The problem I have is caused by some fields referencing other fields by their API name, which includes any namespace references.  However, in the metadata, the field definition doesn't list the API name so I am getting errors stating that the fields do not exist.

An example is below.  In red, you can see the field being referenced  is the full API name, however the definition for this field in the metadata doesn't use the API name.

Is this problem caused by using a namespace prefix?

Hope someone can help out!

Cheers,
Andrew

<fields>
        <fullName>Programme_RAG_Flag__c</fullName>
        <formula>IMAGE(
CASE
(manage__Programme_Status__c  ,
&quot;Blue&quot;, &quot;servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01540000000MbVj&quot;,
&quot;Green&quot;, &quot;/img/samples/flag_green.gif&quot;,
&quot;Amber&quot;, &quot;/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif&quot;,
&quot;Red&quot;, &quot;/img/samples/flag_red.gif&quot;,&quot;/s.gif&quot;
),
&quot;priority flag&quot;)</formula>
        <formulaTreatBlanksAs>BlankAsZero</formulaTreatBlanksAs>
        <label>Programme RAG Flag</label>
        <type>Text</type>
    </fields>
Hi All,

Being fairly new to Salesforce, I am a little confused with the various options that the Eclipse IDE and Packaging solution offer.
It seems to me that Packaging allows you to include almost everything in a package, however page layouts and record types for standard objects seem to be missing?  Similarly, the Eclipse IDE allows you to move a lot of metadata between sandbox and production.  Reports and Dashboards seem to be unavailable in the metadata at the moment though?

What I want to do is move absolutely everything from my sandbox environment to the production environment.  The intention would be to make any changes in the sandbox, then move them to production once some testing was complete.  I want to be able to move config setup in a traditional software development release process, with no need for manual re-keying in production.

I am confused with the various options out there, as nothing seems to give the ability to basically copy one environment setup to another.

Can someone please advise how others are getting around this problem, what tool is preferred and how I should best proceed?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Salesforce and I am investigating the tools available for code promotion between environments.  I  have the Eclipse IDE and the new Migration Toolkit installed.

What I would like to be able to do is make changes to our sandbox environment through the website (standard object changes, page layouts, users etc etc).  Then I would like to be able to promote these changes to our live environment somehow without having to re-key everything! In time I would also like to promote s-controls, apex and visualforce code, however I don't require this just now.

Can anyone advise if this is available with the current tools?

Many thanks,
Andrew

Hi All,

We have a tabbed Visualforce page in our Force.com application that is loading quite a bit of data from a custom controller. This has the potential to slow down the page load quite dramatically as all of the data is loaded via methods in the controller, and all the tabs on the page (about 9 of them) render on page load.

I'm looking for a way to improve the performance.  Thoughts so far:

• Move some of the queries into Ajax and have them execute onclick for each tab (never done Ajax so not sure about this)
  • Have some method of not rendering the contents of each tab on page load, only when the tab is selected

Can anyone provide some guidance here?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a clever way to avoid getting an error message when a query returns no results.  At the moment it throws a 'List has no rows for assignment to SObject' error.

An example of a query would be :

If there are no Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c's meeting the query criteria I get an error.

One way I've seen to possibly avoid this is to do something like:

if ( [ select Fund__r.Id from Fund_Asset_Class_Link__c where Fund_Asset_Class__r.Id =: fac.Parent__r.Id and Fund__r.Fund_Status__c='Awaiting Approval' ].size() >0 ) {

}

But this clearly creates two queries, and I'll quickly hit restriction limits this way.

Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Hi,  I am getting the error "SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Conference__c.Technology_Types__c.  Class.SimilarConferencesController.: line 7, column 76 External entry point " when I try to launch my Visualforce page.

Here is my controller code:

public class SimilarConferencesController {

private final String conf_type;

public SimilarConferencesController() {
conf_type = [select id, name from Conference__c where id =
:ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id')].Technology_Types__c;

}

public ApexPages.StandardSetController setCon {
get {
if(setCon == null) {
setCon = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator([select id,name from Conference__c where Technology_Types__c = :conf_type]));
}
return setCon;
}
set;
}
public List<Conference__c> getSimilar() {
return (List<Conference__c>) setCon.getRecords();
}

}

Here is the visualforce code just in case:

<apex:page controller="SimilarConferencesController" title="Conferences Like Me">

<apex:pageBlock title="Similar Conferences">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!similar}" var="a">
<apex:column value="{!a.name}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:page>

I've followed the API's examples and I can't figure out what the actual problem is.  I found similar posts, but they didn't help me out very much.  Can anyone shed light on this?  I'm just trying to query the database to display Conference records whose technology type field match the source conference (its a custom link that triggers the visualforce page).

I feel like this is a mistake a lot of beginner's make (I'm on day 2 of APEX developement...).

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Salesforce and I am investigating the tools available for code promotion between environments.  I  have the Eclipse IDE and the new Migration Toolkit installed.

What I would like to be able to do is make changes to our sandbox environment through the website (standard object changes, page layouts, users etc etc).  Then I would like to be able to promote these changes to our live environment somehow without having to re-key everything! In time I would also like to promote s-controls, apex and visualforce code, however I don't require this just now.

Can anyone advise if this is available with the current tools?

Many thanks,
Andrew
Hi

I am facing problem in installing Force.com IDE for Eclipse 3.3.x .

As per steps mentioned for  Force.com IDE Installation for Eclipse 3.3.x

I am facing problem at step 3 which is

Add the Force.com IDE Remote Site:

1. Launch Eclipse, and then click Help > Software Updates > Find and Install.

2. Select "Search for new features to install" and click "Next".

3. Add the Force.com IDE Remote Site:
  • Click "New Remote Site". The New Update Site dialog opens.
  • Set the Name to "Force.com IDE" and the URL to "Link: ", then click OK.
  • Select “Europa Discovery Site” and "Automatically select mirrors”, then click “Finish”. Eclipse will search the selected sites for the required plugins.
here at "Link:" =  "http://www.adnsandbox.com/eclipsetoolkit/release" link nothing is there except a redirection link to Force.com IDE Installation for Eclipse 3.3.x  is there

thats why Eclipse Update Manager is showing error as follow :

Network connection problems encountered during search.

Unable to access "http://download.eclipse.org/releases/europa".
    Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
    Premature end of file.
    Premature end of file.
  Unable to access "http://www.adnsandbox.com/eclipsetoolkit/release".
    Premature end of file.
    Premature end of file.

Can anybody help me to get Force.com paltform installed.

Thanking in advance.