• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

My postInstall script fails when I *deserialize json / create a json parser* during package installation. I think we are getting a jsonexception of 500 when we deserialize inside postinstallscript. What other options are available?

Thanks,
Swarna

My organization currently tracks all customers as Accounts in Salesforce.  We are planning on migrating our trial accounts to Leads and use Accounts to track paying customers as well as trials with which our sales team has engaged (Account + Opportunity).

Today, we use the bulk API to, on a daily basis, refresh information about each customer on their Account record from another database.  We use each Account's unique ID as a key to update the Account record.

With the new plan, we're faced with the problem of updating each record, not knowing if it is a Lead or an Account as Leads may have been converted throughout the day.  Are there any good suggestions for how to handle this?

A couple of ideas:

1.  Use the bulk API to upload the data to Leads, parse all failures, and repeat with the set of failed records on Accounts.  This is not ideal because it's relying on an error from Salesforce for correctness.

2.  Use the upcoming Bulk query API (currently in preview mode) to query all Leads and Accounts, and split the upload into two according to IDs and record type returned in the query.  

3.  Create a custom object which is associated with each Salesforce Account or Lead,  update this record via bulk API with new data, and build a workflow around these objects to update their associated Lead or Account.

I'm at a loss for how to proceed here and would love some advice from more seasoned developers.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I am currently receiving this error when attempting to login to a Professional org via OAuth:

LOGIN_OAUTH_API_DISABLED

I have a Partner application with a partner token issued by Salesforce.  According to the documentation I should be able to pass this value to a SOAP header "CallOptions" to gain API access on Professional orgs.  How do I apply this to logging in via OAuth since this is just an HTTP POST and not a SOAP request?

I was hoping that someone can help me answer the following:

My Salesforce composite app recently received AppExchange approval.  I created Group and Professional edition organizations via the Partner Portal and proceeded to verify all functionality on these two orgs.

Part of my application is an Apex web service class exposed via remote access app.  I was expecting this to not work on Group and Professional according to the Salesforce packaging guide, specifically the following clause from page 16 of https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_packaging_guide.pdf which states:

"Apex does not expose classes as a Web service - these can be installed, but not invoked. Apex classes that have been exposed as a web service cannot be invoked from an external web app in Group and Professional, even with this special permission.

For instance, let's say you also host a separate web app that needs to call an Apex class in your app. You might expose one of your Apex classes as a web service and include it in your managed package. For Developer, Enterprise, and Unlimited editions, you will be able to invoke this web service externally, but in Group and Professional editions, it will not work."

However, I am observing that in my Professional and Group orgs, the remote access app and web service are working fine.  I can authorize with Salesforce and retrieve data via the web service through the remote access app.

Can anyone verify that there is a distinction between remote access app and what is described in the packaging guide?

Thanks.

Hi!

I've build a couple of S-controls (HTML/AJAX/JS), that I would like to make freely available on AppExchange. But I'm confused about the different types of security reviews. The control retrieve data from a foreign system, and displays it in the SalesForce app (Contacts and Accounts).

Would that be a native SalesForce-app? The definition of a native app, is (among others) that the data is stored on the SalesForce platform. Being a mash-up, it gets it data from a foreign system, but it doesn't deliver data to a foreign system.

Cheers,
Christian
Hi!

I'm currently writing an S-control to present some data from a ticket system. It's working fine, and I have it set up in the Contact Page Layout.

However, I would like it to be represented in the same manner as the Related List sections (i.e. Opportunies, Cases, Open Activities aso.)

Is that possible? When I try to drag an S-control to the Related List Section, an alert says: "S-controls must be placed in the field sections.".

Any workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi,

My postInstall script fails when I *deserialize json / create a json parser* during package installation. I think we are getting a jsonexception of 500 when we deserialize inside postinstallscript. What other options are available?

Thanks,
Swarna

Hi

Is it possible to enable the REST API for other accounts than Enterprise and Unlimited?

Thanks,

Michael

• January 04, 2012

I'm able to connect to the API using OAuth, however I need to be able to pass the information in CallOptions ('client' specifically) that I normally would pass in to the API for the login procedure. I can't seem to find any information documenting how to pass this parameter.

It works fine in enterprise without it but professional fails to connect with a 'LOGIN_OAUTH_API_DISABLED' error. I can't find any documentation for that either.

Does anyone know how to do this?

• November 16, 2010

We are using OAuth credentials to access the Web Services API from a remote application. In general, this is working well. Our user authorizes our application using OAuth, and we are able to make API calls using their credentials.

However, one of our customers is having a problem. He authenticates using OAuth, but when we try to login to the API using his credentials, we received the following error: 

LOGIN_OAUTH_API_DISABLED: OAuth Api Access Disabled

From the documentation: Either the Force.com Web services API is not enabled for the organization, or OAuth API access has been disabled for the organization.

Our customer claims to be on Enterprise Edition, so he should have API access. How can our customer enable OAuth API access?

Thanks,

Shannon Hardt

Message Edited by shardt on 02-12-2010 01:15 PM
  • February 12, 2010