• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
If there is anyone that can help me with a simple formula that I don't seem to be able to get working I'll be a happy lady today:smileyhappy:

I have an object for Issues and when I created the object I get the obligatory mandatory field where the user needs to enter some data or I have it as a autonumber, in my case it is a text field called Issue ID.   I have then created another field which is a formula text field called Issue Number and what I want to happen is when someone types in the Issue Number I want to set workflow to go and update my Issue ID with the same number, I know this is possible I just keep messing this up.

Also is there anyway to sequential numbering on an object so when I enter an Issue Number 1 the next one created would become 2 etc.  If you use autonumber it doesn't do this?

Please help me before I loose my mind.
  • January 19, 2009
Hi, I have a report that includes an executive summary field which contains a large amount of text, when I run a report on this I only get around 4-5 lines of text showing on the report when I want to see all of it.   Is this normal, is there a way to see all of the text or because it is a report it will only show you a snapshot of the issue?

Thanks,
  • December 01, 2008
Hi, I have a scenario where I want to create a status of red, yellow green using
Today - created date so if the value of difference is between 0-2.99 then green, if
3-6.99 then yellow, 7+ then red.   I thought the following would do this:

IMAGE( CASE( TODAY () -   CreatedDate, "0-2.99", "/img/samples/light_green.gif", "3-6.99", "/img/samples/light_yellow.gif",  "7+", "/img/samples/light_red.gif", "/s.gif"), "status color")

However I am getting the following:

Error: Incorrect parameter for function -(). Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received TextError: Incorrect parameter for function -(). Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received Text

As I am clearly missing something yet again :>( please could someone point me on the right path as this formula stuff is proving tricky.   Thank you advance.

• November 24, 2008
Hi I am new to all this formula stuff and would like some help please.  I have been asked to create a date calculation based on:

The date requested (date field) + no of days contracted (text field) and from this I need to
get the = End Date (date field).  So if I request a start date of 10/10/2008 and I have a contract which is 50 days, I want it to tell me the end date of my request?

When I try it the formula comes up with expected a date and got text?

Thank you in advance.
  • October 27, 2008
Hi, I am having trouble with a formula that I have created, one part works which is the light turns to red when the value is less than 40% but for the 2nd part of the formula I can't get the green, when it is more than 40% - here is the formula I have created, any help that anyone can give is great.  I am a new user to salesforce and appreciate any assistance given.  The syntax compiles with no errors.  I have tried putting in a >40  but it
doesn't like the great than, I have also tried >=40 but it doesn't like that either, I believe this formula should change to green if it is not less than 40% am I missing something?

IMAGE (IF( Actual_Margin__c  < 40,"/img/samples/light_red.gif", "/img/samples/light_green.gif"),
"status color")
  • October 23, 2008
Can anyone help advise me how to put an image into play.  I have some custom fields that I want to show as traffic lights, however I have made these fields picklists with Green, Yellow and Red but I want them to be traffic lights and I'm not sure how I can use
the following formula to achieve this, can anyone give me some ideas, I'm clearly missing the point as I have two fields now one with a picklist and one with a traffic light.

IMAGE(

CASE( Project_Status__c,

"Green", "/img/samples/light_green.gif",

"Yellow", "/img/samples/light_yellow.gif",

"Red", "/img/samples/light_red.gif",

"/s.gif"),

"status color")

• October 20, 2008
If there is anyone that can help me with a simple formula that I don't seem to be able to get working I'll be a happy lady today:smileyhappy:

I have an object for Issues and when I created the object I get the obligatory mandatory field where the user needs to enter some data or I have it as a autonumber, in my case it is a text field called Issue ID.   I have then created another field which is a formula text field called Issue Number and what I want to happen is when someone types in the Issue Number I want to set workflow to go and update my Issue ID with the same number, I know this is possible I just keep messing this up.

Also is there anyway to sequential numbering on an object so when I enter an Issue Number 1 the next one created would become 2 etc.  If you use autonumber it doesn't do this?

Please help me before I loose my mind.
  • January 19, 2009
Hi, I have a report that includes an executive summary field which contains a large amount of text, when I run a report on this I only get around 4-5 lines of text showing on the report when I want to see all of it.   Is this normal, is there a way to see all of the text or because it is a report it will only show you a snapshot of the issue?

Thanks,
  • December 01, 2008
Hi, I have a scenario where I want to create a status of red, yellow green using
Today - created date so if the value of difference is between 0-2.99 then green, if
3-6.99 then yellow, 7+ then red.   I thought the following would do this:

IMAGE( CASE( TODAY () -   CreatedDate, "0-2.99", "/img/samples/light_green.gif", "3-6.99", "/img/samples/light_yellow.gif",  "7+", "/img/samples/light_red.gif", "/s.gif"), "status color")

However I am getting the following:

Error: Incorrect parameter for function -(). Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received TextError: Incorrect parameter for function -(). Expected Number, Date, DateTime, received Text

As I am clearly missing something yet again :>( please could someone point me on the right path as this formula stuff is proving tricky.   Thank you advance.

• November 24, 2008
Hi I am new to all this formula stuff and would like some help please.  I have been asked to create a date calculation based on:

The date requested (date field) + no of days contracted (text field) and from this I need to
get the = End Date (date field).  So if I request a start date of 10/10/2008 and I have a contract which is 50 days, I want it to tell me the end date of my request?

When I try it the formula comes up with expected a date and got text?

Thank you in advance.
  • October 27, 2008
Hi, I am having trouble with a formula that I have created, one part works which is the light turns to red when the value is less than 40% but for the 2nd part of the formula I can't get the green, when it is more than 40% - here is the formula I have created, any help that anyone can give is great.  I am a new user to salesforce and appreciate any assistance given.  The syntax compiles with no errors.  I have tried putting in a >40  but it
doesn't like the great than, I have also tried >=40 but it doesn't like that either, I believe this formula should change to green if it is not less than 40% am I missing something?

IMAGE (IF( Actual_Margin__c  < 40,"/img/samples/light_red.gif", "/img/samples/light_green.gif"),
"status color")
  • October 23, 2008
Can anyone help advise me how to put an image into play.  I have some custom fields that I want to show as traffic lights, however I have made these fields picklists with Green, Yellow and Red but I want them to be traffic lights and I'm not sure how I can use
the following formula to achieve this, can anyone give me some ideas, I'm clearly missing the point as I have two fields now one with a picklist and one with a traffic light.

IMAGE(

CASE( Project_Status__c,

"Green", "/img/samples/light_green.gif",

"Yellow", "/img/samples/light_yellow.gif",

"Red", "/img/samples/light_red.gif",

"/s.gif"),

"status color")

• October 20, 2008
Hi, I'm trying to get a workflow to activate when a user changes any of their personal account information details. My end goal is to make a outbound message go out for a data syncronization call to update remote data with the new SF.com data. However I am using the developer edition account, and I'm not sure if this is really enabled.

I created my outbound message, also created a email alert too. I set my rule (under Account) up as so:

LastModifiedDate<> CreatedDate

I've also tried
ISCHANGED(LastModifiedDate<>)
even:
1 = 1

I set this run to run when 'Every time a record is created or edited'

My rule is active, and my outbound message and email alert are associated to the workflow. However when I update my account under 'personal settings' I get no outbound message in the queue, and no alert email either.  I've also enabled the system log and looked under 'workflow' and 'debug' levels, but I get nothing. I've also enabled the debugging under Administrator->Monitoring->Debug Logs

Am I doing this wrong or is this simply disabled with developer accounts?