• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello -

I am having difficulty getting my links between VF pages on my Sites to work correctly, can someone please take a look

and let me know what I am doing wrong. All my VF pages are associated to my site and public, I have a link to a "Locations" page and of course my "Home" link.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false" cache="true" expires="10800"> 
<html>
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></meta>
    <title>PPM Technologies</title>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.atest1}"/>
</head>

<body>
<div>
    <div><apex:image url="{!$Resource.topborder1}"></apex:image></div>

<div>
            <ul>
            <li><a href="https://na5salesforce.com/apex/ahhomepage">Home</a></li>
            <li><a href="https://na5salesforce.com/apex/ahwebpage2">Locations</a></li>
            </ul> 
            </div>

Hello -

Not sure if this is more a VF question or Sites.com question. I am creating a VF page to use as my "Sites" home page and I am having difficulty getting my logo/banner image to display in my "header". I saved it as a static resource (topborder1.jpg) but it still does not display, snippet of code below.....as always any help is appreciated...many thanks.

Amanda

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false" cache="true" expires="10800">
<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<div id="container">
    <div id="header"><apex:image url="{!$Resource.topborder1}"></apex:image></div>

<div id="mainnav">
            <ul>
            <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
            <li><a href="#">Locations</a></li>
            </ul>
            </div>

I'm trying to create a VF Site Page and keep getting the same message even after correcting/adding closing tag.

"Error    - The element type "apex:page" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</apex:page>" at line 70"

Now I added the closing tage (several times, several different ways) but still the error message will not let

me save my page. It is as if VF is not seeing my corrections????

I am totally frustrated, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Can I change the background color on a CMSForce template? Not just the table color - the whole background?

Thanks

A

Hello - I am trying the change the background color of the "sidebar" contentblock on my CMS page

and only the background behind my text changes color, not the whole side bar. I want my entire

sidebar background to remain a certain color. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda

Hello -

Trying to create a very simple public website for my customer, I don't want them to have access

to any Salesforce content as of yet, this will simply be a temporary webpage with some

business content. Anyway - I read in the Help & Training area that creating a "Static Resource"

to house my CSS & Html code, maybe logo images and such was better then creating links

back to the documents tab. Can anyone tell me if this is true?  If I can upload a zip file with all

my pertinent codes, images, etc....and then simply reference that zip file in my apex visual force page?

I want my website to look just like a normal website, no salesforce formatting/feel.

If this is possible what is the code/reference I would use on my visualforce page.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Hello -

I'm just getting started trying to create a very basic public website for my customers.

I have EE and know this is possible. After I created my site I need to assign my visual force

home page. Can I simply copy and paste already existing HTML page into a visual force

page without having to use excessive amounts of apex coding?

Any help or comments appreciated.

Amanda

Hello -

I'm new to VF and currently we add products to our opportunity records for quoting.

The "Sort" button on the Products related list does not sort by what I need and I was

hoping to create a new page to sort my products by a custom field I created.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

This may sound like a no brainer but - I've tried everything I can think of and followed
all the directions provided within Salesforce, and I still only get a small box with the
dreaded red x - no image. My html code is basic and I want to insert a logo stored on
the documents tab in Salesforce. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I want to make a "custom" html email template - I know it cant be that hard to display
an image - I've done it tons of times with my  src pointing to a website but can't
get it to work pointing to salesforce.

Thanks in advance

Hello -

I am having difficulty getting my links between VF pages on my Sites to work correctly, can someone please take a look

and let me know what I am doing wrong. All my VF pages are associated to my site and public, I have a link to a "Locations" page and of course my "Home" link.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<div>
    <div><apex:image url="{!$Resource.topborder1}"></apex:image></div>

<div>
            <ul>
            <li><a href="https://na5salesforce.com/apex/ahhomepage">Home</a></li>
            <li><a href="https://na5salesforce.com/apex/ahwebpage2">Locations</a></li>
            </ul> 
            </div>

Hello -

Not sure if this is more a VF question or Sites.com question. I am creating a VF page to use as my "Sites" home page and I am having difficulty getting my logo/banner image to display in my "header". I saved it as a static resource (topborder1.jpg) but it still does not display, snippet of code below.....as always any help is appreciated...many thanks.

Amanda

<html>
<head>
</head>

<body>
<div id="container">
    <div id="header"><apex:image url="{!$Resource.topborder1}"></apex:image></div>

<div id="mainnav">
            <ul>
            <li><a href="#">Home</a></li>
            <li><a href="#">Locations</a></li>
            </ul>
            </div>

I'm trying to create a VF Site Page and keep getting the same message even after correcting/adding closing tag.

"Error    - The element type "apex:page" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</apex:page>" at line 70"

Now I added the closing tage (several times, several different ways) but still the error message will not let

me save my page. It is as if VF is not seeing my corrections????

I am totally frustrated, any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Can I change the background color on a CMSForce template? Not just the table color - the whole background?

Thanks

A

Hello - I am trying the change the background color of the "sidebar" contentblock on my CMS page

and only the background behind my text changes color, not the whole side bar. I want my entire

sidebar background to remain a certain color. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Amanda

Hello -

Trying to create a very simple public website for my customer, I don't want them to have access

to any Salesforce content as of yet, this will simply be a temporary webpage with some

business content. Anyway - I read in the Help & Training area that creating a "Static Resource"

to house my CSS & Html code, maybe logo images and such was better then creating links

back to the documents tab. Can anyone tell me if this is true?  If I can upload a zip file with all

my pertinent codes, images, etc....and then simply reference that zip file in my apex visual force page?

I want my website to look just like a normal website, no salesforce formatting/feel.

If this is possible what is the code/reference I would use on my visualforce page.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Hello -

I'm just getting started trying to create a very basic public website for my customers.

I have EE and know this is possible. After I created my site I need to assign my visual force

home page. Can I simply copy and paste already existing HTML page into a visual force

page without having to use excessive amounts of apex coding?

Any help or comments appreciated.

Amanda

Hi there,

it appears as though the only Email Layout in the HTML email template that is pertinent to my work is the "Products". However, it only allows for 8 "blocks" of content when I need somewhere around 20. I have been trying to figure out a way around this for the last few days and sincerely require immediate assistance. The newsletter that I send off needs to go out this week at the latest as it is already late.

I appreciate your help and thank you in advance,

Shirley Dayan

This may sound like a no brainer but - I've tried everything I can think of and followed
all the directions provided within Salesforce, and I still only get a small box with the
dreaded red x - no image. My html code is basic and I want to insert a logo stored on
the documents tab in Salesforce. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

I want to make a "custom" html email template - I know it cant be that hard to display
an image - I've done it tons of times with my  src pointing to a website but can't
get it to work pointing to salesforce.

Thanks in advance

Hi
This is really dumb.  I can't find the Opportunity Tab.  I go in and give all permissions and set it to Default On but still when I look at 'all tabs'  Opportunity does not show.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Tam
  • November 11, 2008