• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to access API and am getting this message. Please help ASAP. We cannot use this service we are paying to use.

I'm trying to build a formula to accomplish the following:

• Reformat a phone number field to display the full US calling format instead of the local calling format.
  • Example: In the UK numbers have one of three prefixes, 01, 02, or 03. When my leads post from web to lead, they are formatted as if I were located in the UK and calling these leads. I am located in the US where I am required to dial 011 44 and then the number.  

Here is my code:

if(contains (Phone, "01"), substitute(Phone,"01", "011 44 1"),
if (contains (Phone, "02"), substitute(Phone, "02", "011 44 2"),
if (contains (Phone, "03"), substitute(Phone, "03", "011 44 3"),
""
)))

The formula works well, except for cases where there exists a "01", "02", or "03" somewhere other that the begining of the number, which it will then replace with the designated text. 

How do I get my formula to only replace the value of the phone number in cases which it begins with an "01", "02", or "03" without searching the entire field. 

Thanks in advance. 

Steve

Message Edited by smerrill on 05-20-2009 03:31 PM
I am trying to access API and am getting this message. Please help ASAP. We cannot use this service we are paying to use.

I'm trying to build a formula to accomplish the following:

• Reformat a phone number field to display the full US calling format instead of the local calling format.
  • Example: In the UK numbers have one of three prefixes, 01, 02, or 03. When my leads post from web to lead, they are formatted as if I were located in the UK and calling these leads. I am located in the US where I am required to dial 011 44 and then the number.  

Here is my code:

if(contains (Phone, "01"), substitute(Phone,"01", "011 44 1"),
if (contains (Phone, "02"), substitute(Phone, "02", "011 44 2"),
if (contains (Phone, "03"), substitute(Phone, "03", "011 44 3"),
""
)))

The formula works well, except for cases where there exists a "01", "02", or "03" somewhere other that the begining of the number, which it will then replace with the designated text. 

How do I get my formula to only replace the value of the phone number in cases which it begins with an "01", "02", or "03" without searching the entire field. 

Thanks in advance. 

Steve

Message Edited by smerrill on 05-20-2009 03:31 PM
Has anyone set up a call center with macs and then used the sf call capabilities?

Far as I can see i am stuck using XP with my VMware

any thoughts?

I am having a hard time finding a way to set up a cti software with mac in the first place nevermind the cti adapters all seem to be .exe

Will Skype do all i need?