• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

A few questions/issues with the CTI Toolkit working with Firefox 4.0, Windows 7, and plans for future support with Chrome.

1) In the past there were issues with Firefox releasing a new version and breaking the compatibility of the sfdcffextension.xpi.  With Firefox 4.0 in beta and expected to release soon, when should we expect the xpi to be updated to support Firefox 4.0.  Our initial tests show it will not load in Firefox 4.0.  

2) We had found that running the CTI Toolkit on a Windows 7 machine sometimes is unable to log to the local machine's disk (neither browser_connector.log or cti_connector.log).  This works has always worked on XP.  It isn't every machine, but we have seen this happen quite a few times.  Anybody else seen this?  Is it some issue with security?

3) Are there any plans to create a plugin for Chrome that will support the CTI Toolkit (Softphone) functionality.

One feature we really like about the Salesforce CTI Call Log (activity) is when the Call Disconnects the Activity is automatically created and the object associated will show that activity without requiring the need to refresh the browser.  This Demos very well showing the instant creation of the Salesforce Activity.

We have found an interesting issue with this though.  See below two sets of test scenario and the results of each.  They are not consistent.  I don't think this is a major issue, but more a consistency issue.

Screen pop in existing browser:

1) Setup Call Center Softphone Layout to pop Existing Browser (CTI 2.0 settings)

2) Receive inbound call

3) Screen pop for Case goes to existing browser. 

4) Type in text into the Call Log.

5) Disconnect call.

6) Without refreshing the browser, note the new Call Activity shows up automatically within the Case (Activity sub view).

This scenario is as expected.

Scren pop to new browser/tab:

1) Setup Call Center Softphone Layout to pop New Browser/Tab (CTI 2.0 settings)

2) Receive inbound call

3) Screen pop for Case goes to a new browser session

5) Disconnect call.

6) Without refreshing the browser, note the new Call Activity does not show up automatically within the Case (Activity sub view).

This scenario is not as expected.  If I refresh that page, I can now see the newly created Activity.

Three questions about multiple Salesforce sites/organizations:

1) Does the Salesforce Softphone CTI Adapter toolkit allow for one given user to login into two different Salesforce.com sites/organizations at the same time?  I did some quick tests and it appears that it doesn't.   Logging into the second site causes the first site to get logged out and the second one to get logged in.  During this process the SID gets updated through the UPDATE_SID call.  I wanted to confirm this is not supported.  I noticed at the completion of the second login (after UPDATE_SID and Connection) that both browsers showed the same softphone.  I did though expect that any Screen Pop queries would only be against the last logged in site.

2) Given that #1 is as expected, it is support that a user could log into different salesforce organizations just not at the same time.

3) Does the S2S have any effect on the Salesforce CTI Softphone Adapter toolkit?  I would imagine that any case shared with S2S would be available for screen pops?

I have written a CTI integration using the CTIAdapterLib toolkit version 1.54.  I was wondering if there is a way to query the Salesforce defined Locale for a user.  The information is available to be viewed in salesforce by going to Setup->"Personal Setup"->"My Personal Information"->"Personal Information".  The fields that I would like to retrieve are Locale and Language preferrably in the IETF language string format.

I was wanting to add a CTI button to the Salesforce Softphone layout that performed a URL call much like the CTI Related Object Links do.  It appears though that CTI buttons only can execute commands back on the Salesforce CTI connector and not issue a request to the Salesforce screen to navigate to an Object like a contact or Opportunity.

Any suggestions on an approach to having a button work in this fashion?

I am looking for a way to be able to communicate from a Salesforce Page to the CTI Connector.  It is simple to implement a one way communication as is done with any of the buttons in the Softphone (for example, Disconnect).  They all execute the sendCTIMessage.  I have a need though to return data on a call and use the results in a VisualForce page. 

Considering it looks like sendCTIMessage cannot receive return data, are there any other suggestions on how to communication to the Softphone CTI and return custom data to be utilized in a Visual Force page?

We have been requested to see if when we create Call Log Activities in the Salesforce CTI integration to be stored using the user's configured Time Zone of the user's profile instead of using their local system machine locale time.  Of course this sounds like it will be somewhat hard even if we can get the information as we will have to convert local system time to user configured time zone setting.

Any suggestions in their area?  Any easier ways to accomplish this request?

We have integrated to the Salesforce Softphone CTI 1.53.

We have been requested by numerous customer to have an call screen pop a new browser window instead of popping one of the existing ones.  Is there any way to do this or any suggestions on how this could be accomplished if it is not out of the box?

We have integrated to the Softphone CTIAdapterLib 1.53.

We have a customer who is asking if there is a way somehow to force that the user must associate a Call Log to an object within Salesforce.  If there is not a way, do you believe that by changing the default behavior for association that we could create this?

We have a problem with our CTI integration where it does not automatically associate to the Call Log when navigating to an object like it does in Internet Explorer.

Example steps to reproduce.

1) Make an outbound call that is not in a contact object as a phone number

2) Navigate to a contact object.

3) In the Call Log window the currently selected Contact should be in the drop down, but it still states to navigate to an object to associate.  

For phone numbers that match a contact it is automatically associated.  

Testing the exact same scenario in IE works as expected.

We have had numerous reports that the Salesforce CTI is not working with Firefox 3.5 which was just released.  We have installed this to confirm the issue.  It appears the Firefox extension is not working in Firefox 3.5. 

Is there going to be an updated extension for Firefox 3.5 support?

I have test running multiple IE and multiple Firefox sessions (not at the same time) and they synchronize nicely between the browsers when items change.

When i try to run one IE and one Firefox sessions at the same time I see numerous problems.  To start I get a request to CUserInterface.Uninitialize and then requests to reinitialize.  It appears that they can't run side by side.  Would that be a safe assessment? 

We have built a standard integration to the Softphone CTI Toolkit making our phone system available to be used within Salesforce.  We have a customer who has written numerous Custom VisualForce pages and they don't have the CTI softphone available on those pages.  Is there something they need to add to their custom VisualForce page sidebar to enable it to be available?

I have found with the latest CTIAdapterLib 1.53 that buttons within the Softphone display cannot be clicked twice in a row without clicking another item.  As well i have found the same to be true for phone numbers that are linked.  Phone numbers are not as big of a deal.

It is a problem for our implementation as we have a Mute button which we have added custom.  If the user clicks the Mute button we change the Toggle image so to give the appearance the call is muted.  If they try to click that button again without clicking anything else in Salesforce or in the Softphone, the request is not sent to the CTIAdapter.  If i navigate anywhere in Salesforce then i don't see the issue.  This problem does not happen with IE.

Two questions regarding the Context Menu of the SalesforceCTI.exe in the tray:

1) Is there a way to add line separators between items?  I was hoping to break some of those options into separate sections so that it is easier for users to pick their choice.

For example:

Online Help

------------

User Configuration

------------

Change Station

Logout

-------------

Logging

About

-------------

Exit

2) Is it possible to create sub menus where one item show an entire submenu?

I couldn't find any documentation on the CTI Toolkit Developer's Guide on the format of the XML to do either 1 or 2 above (if they are possible).

In the function CCTILine::GetStringFromState it returns the following items:

KEY_OPEN;

KEY_RINGING;

KEY_ON_CALL;

KEY_DIALING;

KEY_ON_HOLD;

Can the display text for those Keys be overriden?  I am looking to change the text based on the type of interaction.  So instead of "Incoming Call" I would want it to be "Incoming Web Chat" and for "On Call" it could be "On E-mail"

Thanks,

Michael

I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but it is worth confirming.  Is there any alternatives to the CTIAdapterLib (Salesforce Softphone) that are supported on other platforms than Windows?  Since the integration is COM based I figured this mandated Windows and would not be available on any other OS like SUN.

If it is not supported, are there plans to for the next generation Softphone integration to be platform independent?

I am using the GetAppExchange()->SaveUserParams method to store User login attributes for our CTI Login so that the next time a user logs in they don't have to fill out the parameters again.  This works great with the testing i have done.  I am though experiencing that some users this isn't working.  The customer had thought it was because of security on the local machine, but when i looked at the code for how the save is being done it doesn't look like it is storing any information locally.  It is storing all the info on Salesforce.com in that user's profile. 

Any other ideas why this would not work for certain users?  Is there something on their Salesforce user profile?

In the CTI Toolkit Developer's Guide it references the CTIComboBox object and CTIComboBoxValue though in the standard C++ source delivered with the toolkit these classes don't exist.

I was looking to added a drop down combo box to the Softphone layout during a call interaction so that the user can set the "Account Code" on the call. 

Are Drop Down combo boxes available to be put in the traditional inbound/outbound layout?

I have written a custom integration to the Phone CTI interface.

I have  experienced some times that the screen pop object (Contact, Lead, Account) is not automatically opened when there is one and only one match for the Query criteria. 

What in the CTI interface drives whether a request will be send to the browser to open the object found in the Query result?  I am seeing the resulting item in the related set and I can click on the link to issue the screen automation, but it is not happening automatically.

I do have my CallCenter setting set to always pop when one match is found.

A few questions/issues with the CTI Toolkit working with Firefox 4.0, Windows 7, and plans for future support with Chrome.

1) In the past there were issues with Firefox releasing a new version and breaking the compatibility of the sfdcffextension.xpi.  With Firefox 4.0 in beta and expected to release soon, when should we expect the xpi to be updated to support Firefox 4.0.  Our initial tests show it will not load in Firefox 4.0.  

2) We had found that running the CTI Toolkit on a Windows 7 machine sometimes is unable to log to the local machine's disk (neither browser_connector.log or cti_connector.log).  This works has always worked on XP.  It isn't every machine, but we have seen this happen quite a few times.  Anybody else seen this?  Is it some issue with security?

3) Are there any plans to create a plugin for Chrome that will support the CTI Toolkit (Softphone) functionality.

One feature we really like about the Salesforce CTI Call Log (activity) is when the Call Disconnects the Activity is automatically created and the object associated will show that activity without requiring the need to refresh the browser.  This Demos very well showing the instant creation of the Salesforce Activity.

We have found an interesting issue with this though.  See below two sets of test scenario and the results of each.  They are not consistent.  I don't think this is a major issue, but more a consistency issue.

Screen pop in existing browser:

1) Setup Call Center Softphone Layout to pop Existing Browser (CTI 2.0 settings)

2) Receive inbound call

3) Screen pop for Case goes to existing browser. 

5) Disconnect call.

6) Without refreshing the browser, note the new Call Activity shows up automatically within the Case (Activity sub view).

This scenario is as expected.

Scren pop to new browser/tab:

1) Setup Call Center Softphone Layout to pop New Browser/Tab (CTI 2.0 settings)

2) Receive inbound call

3) Screen pop for Case goes to a new browser session

5) Disconnect call.

6) Without refreshing the browser, note the new Call Activity does not show up automatically within the Case (Activity sub view).

This scenario is not as expected.  If I refresh that page, I can now see the newly created Activity.

Three questions about multiple Salesforce sites/organizations:

1) Does the Salesforce Softphone CTI Adapter toolkit allow for one given user to login into two different Salesforce.com sites/organizations at the same time?  I did some quick tests and it appears that it doesn't.   Logging into the second site causes the first site to get logged out and the second one to get logged in.  During this process the SID gets updated through the UPDATE_SID call.  I wanted to confirm this is not supported.  I noticed at the completion of the second login (after UPDATE_SID and Connection) that both browsers showed the same softphone.  I did though expect that any Screen Pop queries would only be against the last logged in site.

2) Given that #1 is as expected, it is support that a user could log into different salesforce organizations just not at the same time.

3) Does the S2S have any effect on the Salesforce CTI Softphone Adapter toolkit?  I would imagine that any case shared with S2S would be available for screen pops?

I was wanting to add a CTI button to the Salesforce Softphone layout that performed a URL call much like the CTI Related Object Links do.  It appears though that CTI buttons only can execute commands back on the Salesforce CTI connector and not issue a request to the Salesforce screen to navigate to an Object like a contact or Opportunity.

Any suggestions on an approach to having a button work in this fashion?

We have been requested to see if when we create Call Log Activities in the Salesforce CTI integration to be stored using the user's configured Time Zone of the user's profile instead of using their local system machine locale time.  Of course this sounds like it will be somewhat hard even if we can get the information as we will have to convert local system time to user configured time zone setting.

Any suggestions in their area?  Any easier ways to accomplish this request?

Two questions regarding the Context Menu of the SalesforceCTI.exe in the tray:

1) Is there a way to add line separators between items?  I was hoping to break some of those options into separate sections so that it is easier for users to pick their choice.

For example:

Online Help

------------

User Configuration

------------

Change Station

Logout

-------------

Logging

About

-------------

Exit

2) Is it possible to create sub menus where one item show an entire submenu?

I couldn't find any documentation on the CTI Toolkit Developer's Guide on the format of the XML to do either 1 or 2 above (if they are possible).

I am using the GetAppExchange()->SaveUserParams method to store User login attributes for our CTI Login so that the next time a user logs in they don't have to fill out the parameters again.  This works great with the testing i have done.  I am though experiencing that some users this isn't working.  The customer had thought it was because of security on the local machine, but when i looked at the code for how the save is being done it doesn't look like it is storing any information locally.  It is storing all the info on Salesforce.com in that user's profile. 

Any other ideas why this would not work for certain users?  Is there something on their Salesforce user profile?

I have written a custom integration to the Phone CTI interface.

I have  experienced some times that the screen pop object (Contact, Lead, Account) is not automatically opened when there is one and only one match for the Query criteria. 

What in the CTI interface drives whether a request will be send to the browser to open the object found in the Query result?  I am seeing the resulting item in the related set and I can click on the link to issue the screen automation, but it is not happening automatically.

I do have my CallCenter setting set to always pop when one match is found.
I have written an integration to the Salesforce Softphone functionality using the Salesforce CTI Toolkit.

I have found when sending custom labels on incoming interactions that are longer than the wide of the control, the text gets truncated and replaced with a ... on the end of the text.  For instance the message string "Requesting Callback Request" gets trucated to say "Request Callbac…".  There does not appear to be a mouse over or any other alternative to see the entire text.  The object behind the label is the CTIInfoField.

Are there any alternatives to showing text in the Softphone panel that would allow for longer text to be shown?

Any other ideas?