• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have generated a self-signed certificate from SFDC and provided to our client network team which we are expecting them to install at their application to authorize us accessing their application. Network team rejected the certificate with the reason as the certificate has no information on private key.

Based on my research was able to figure out private key should be known by the owner of the certificate which is used by the server to validate against the public key and confirm the identity of the source.

Could someone please guide on how we can get the private key from SFDC as I dont see any interface for the same?

Hi, I am requesting a service to the endpoint using REST call.

Now this endpoint url is in client network. We are accessing other URLs in client network within our application which works fine.

i have configured the endpoint under Remote Site settings and trying to send the request as POST method to the endpoint via Apex class. I am getting Service Unavailable response and the description of the body says 'Unable to determine IP address from host name'.

Since we this is just a HTTP URL , i tried creating a custom link and tried invoking the URL which works fine within the same app.

So I am not sure when I am able to access the endpoint URL via custom link within the app then why I am unable to access the same endpoint via Apex class?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Hi,

I am trying to create an AccountShare and AccountTeam record.

Requirement is: When an Account is created, Account has to be assigned to the Territory of the user who is creating the Account record. Also the user has to be added to the the AccountTeam for that particular Account. We are trying to achieve this using a Trigger and we are not using Assignment rules for lack of some feasibility reasons.

I have following two queries:

1. Is it possible to create AccountShare object or just it can be updated? When we try creating an AccountShare object it requests for all values of AccessLevel(Account,Opp,Case,Contact) fields and when provided with these values says AccessLevel cannot be below OWD for those objects though i am providing access above or same level as OWD for these objects.

2. i am trying to set RowCause field on AccountShare to TerritoryManual which i am unsuccessful becos it is a read only field. How can i set value for this field as i want to add the account to the territory of the user. Can the RowCause fied be updated for an exisitng AccountShare object in case we can't create AccountShare record as whenever an AccountTeam is created an entry is created in AccountShare.

Any help with this regard is appreciated. This is urgent!!

Thanks.

I am performing real-time integration between SFDC and external application.We have generated a custom webservice and provided the wsdl to the external app.Since I am not implementing any login method in this webservice there is no way to login to SFDC from external app.

I am aware if we use enterprise/partner wsdl we get the login method but using these wsdl would also expose my organizations complete configuration information which I would not like to happen.

In this case how would we allow external app to login to SFDC?

We have generated a self-signed certificate from SFDC and provided to our client network team which we are expecting them to install at their application to authorize us accessing their application. Network team rejected the certificate with the reason as the certificate has no information on private key.

Based on my research was able to figure out private key should be known by the owner of the certificate which is used by the server to validate against the public key and confirm the identity of the source.

Could someone please guide on how we can get the private key from SFDC as I dont see any interface for the same?

I am performing real-time integration between SFDC and external application.We have generated a custom webservice and provided the wsdl to the external app.Since I am not implementing any login method in this webservice there is no way to login to SFDC from external app.

I am aware if we use enterprise/partner wsdl we get the login method but using these wsdl would also expose my organizations complete configuration information which I would not like to happen.

In this case how would we allow external app to login to SFDC?

Hi,

I have created a custom web service method in salesforce. I have generated the wsdl and provided to the java developer. How can the java developer access my custom web service method ? My web service doesnt have any login method. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bala

• February 25, 2010

Hi there,

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I have a scheduled .net program which queries SF objects for reporting, eg. getting contacts, opportunties related information from all accounts in the system.  This report (when successful) runs for 2-3 hours.  I have read other discussion board postings on session timeouts so I made sure that I am logging in and out of Salesforce during the reporting process so that no single session exists for more than 2 hours (note: my organization's session timeout is set to 8 hours anyway).

The problem here is that I cannot consistently run through the entire report.  Given the *same* .net codebase, sometimes it runs for an hour or so before it throws the INVALID_SESSION_ID error, sometimes it runs for > 2 hours, sometimes < 1 hour, sometimes it runs through completely.

My login code is very simple:

class Program
    {
        public static SforceService sfdc = new SforceService();

try
            {

LoginResult lr = sfdc.login("user@company.com", "Hello123");

if (!lr.passwordExpired)
                {
                    sfdc.Url = lr.serverUrl;
                    sfdc.SessionHeaderValue = new SessionHeader();
                    sfdc.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;
                    writeDebug("Current Session ID: " + lr.sessionId);

}
                else
                {
                    writeDebug("Your password has expired.\n");
                }

writeDebug("[INFO] Logged in to Salesforce at " + DateTime.Now.ToString());

-------------

As you can see, I am printing out the session key before I set it to the session header and login.  Here is an example of a failed run.  As you can see, the invalid session key in the exception message matches the session key that is set before the login so I am not sure why it would be invalid unless somehow Salesforce dropped or invalidated the session unexpectedly.

Current Session ID: 433200D00000000hgkJ!ARgAQJ4rsOqnp_kj3BkvtsT_nhJ2y18YD0XOoFe9bLpGhXJXONX_z440EOMdWc03iApAWNi3UfEBVl6CUG61sgOQ7_YyvD1y
[INFO] Logged in to Salesforce at 3/3/2009 1:57:35 AM

.... after processing a bunch of queries (any number of them, does not always fail at the same spot)

[ERROR] 3/3/2009 2:03:24 AM: Error executing SOQL.
INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session. Session not found, missing session key: 433200D00000000hgkJ!ARgAQJ4rsOqnp_kj3BkvtsT_nhJ2y18YD0XOoFe9bLpGhXJXONX_z440EOMdWc03iApAWNi3UfEBVl6CUG61sgOQ7_YyvD1y

Due to the random nature of this error, I cannot tell when the report will or will not run successfully.   How can I tell why a session is invalidated by Salesforce?  And what can I do in this case to obtain a more stable session?  Is this a SF bug?

I am using the partner WSDL dated Dec 2008.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Pi

Message Edited by Iceman123 on 03-03-2009 04:30 PM

I just ran a query (using sforce Explorer .NET version) for "select Id from AccountShare". This was for a large customer with nearly 2 million AccountShare records.

I did not receive a query timeout. I received a network timeout. I also tried the same thing with the API and confirmed that it is a network timeout by increasing the Timeout in the web service binding.

Is this the expected behavior? Under which circumstances should I expect a query timeout vs. a network timeout?