• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

One of our clients is currently seeking a Project Manager for a 6 month contract.  Candidates must have at least 5 years of project management experience. They are looking for someone with at least three years of familiarity with a CRM system such as Salesforce.com. If you or anyone you know is interested, please email us at recruiting@thinkreid.com or feel free to contact us toll-free at 866-352-8666.

Reid & Associates, LLC

Toll Free: 866-352-8666

recruiting@thinkreid.com

I would like to send an email using an HTML email template to a contact as follows:

30 days prior to each appointment scheduled

1 day prior to each appointment scheduled

For example, if I schedule an event with a contact on April 30th, I want an email to be sent out April 1st and on April 29th. Both emails would use the same email template.

I have used workflow rules with immediate and time-dependent workflow actions with no success. My evaluation criteria on the workflow rule is everytime a contact is created or edited and when the previous criteria were not successful. I am using the contact object as the basis for the workflow rule, because I cannot send out workflow email alerts on events. I am trying to use the Last Activity field on the Contact object as a basis for the date on which to base on the workflow rule. So, the latest scheduled event would be the basis on which the event email gets triggered.

Has anyone ever configured anything like this before.

I am tasked with doing a basic migration of CRM data from my company's Group Edition Org to their Professional Edition Org. We are migrating 7 users and the Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Reports, data and configuration tot he Professional Edition org. There are only a few custom fields to migrate and since they are on Group edition, there is not much to worry about. The only issue that I cannot access the group edition data / configuration through the API, so I am assuming the only way to get the data out is to request a one-time extract from SFDC, or just create basic reports to export data to excel? Is this true? Also, interms of loading this exported data into Professional edition, what is the easiest, fastest, and most effective option? The import wizards (these don't work for all objects like opportunities) or the ExcelConnector? Apparently, the data loader only works with EE or higher. Please advise.