• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to reuse client-side JavaScript functions to perform common tasks on multiple SalesForce pages. Is there a way I can detect in JavaScript which sObject (it's name and Id) the script is being exectuted on?

For example, if my script is being called on Opportunity details page it will return 'Opportunity' and it's id. If it's being called from Account details it will return 'Account' and it's Id. Can this be done?

Thank you in advance.

• March 23, 2009

I'm working on a number of customizations to SFDC and there is at least one value that I will need virtually everywhere in my code. But I don't want to hardcode this everywhere. I would like to have a single place where this value can be updated and hopefully it will be possible to distribute it in a package when I am done.

What is the best way to have such a "global" setting? I was thinking about a custom object with a single record, but then I am not sure how to refer to it from everywhere since it's not related to anything per se...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• March 18, 2009

I've been looking all over and can't seem to find an answer.

I am trying to integrate SF with our web site and I want to add an HTML block to the existing Opportunity detail page (for example). The HTML will come from our web site. So I figured I can create a custom component that pulls in the HTML and then insert it into an Opportunity page. But I can't figure out how to do it. I see a lot of information on creating custom VF pages, but I don't want a whole new page, I want to embed (maybe using an IFRAME or something) a block into an existing page.

Can anyone point me into a right direction? It seems like a trivial task but I am obviously missing something.

Thank you in advance.

• March 17, 2009

I'm working on a number of customizations to SFDC and there is at least one value that I will need virtually everywhere in my code. But I don't want to hardcode this everywhere. I would like to have a single place where this value can be updated and hopefully it will be possible to distribute it in a package when I am done.

What is the best way to have such a "global" setting? I was thinking about a custom object with a single record, but then I am not sure how to refer to it from everywhere since it's not related to anything per se...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• March 18, 2009

I've been looking all over and can't seem to find an answer.

I am trying to integrate SF with our web site and I want to add an HTML block to the existing Opportunity detail page (for example). The HTML will come from our web site. So I figured I can create a custom component that pulls in the HTML and then insert it into an Opportunity page. But I can't figure out how to do it. I see a lot of information on creating custom VF pages, but I don't want a whole new page, I want to embed (maybe using an IFRAME or something) a block into an existing page.

Can anyone point me into a right direction? It seems like a trivial task but I am obviously missing something.

Thank you in advance.

• March 17, 2009