• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd like to create a related list that is similar to a Case Team for a custom object that I've built.  I then want to create a workflow to send emails to the users on the "case team" list.  I'd like this to work just like the Cases object, but unfortunately Case Teams aren't available on anything other than cases (hence the word "case").

Has anyone come up with a solution to create an email for a list of users without creating individual email fields or hard coding the emails in a workflow?

I've created a lookup field on the Case object called Current Owner.  While similar to attaching an Owner or Contact to the case, I want this field to pull from a custom object called Current Owner that is a pre-set list of users/owners that I want to choose from within the Current Owner case field.  However, I want the list to be filtered based on the Case record type that I'm creating.

For instance, by custom Current Owner object has Type and Name as the fields.  The Types are: Engineering and Testing.  The Record Types for my Cases are Engineering and Testing.  What I want to have happen is if I select Record Type Engineering when creating a Case, I want my Current Owner lookup to only select Names in the Current Owner custom object where Type = Engineering.

How can this be done? Thanks in advance.

I downloaded and installed the Wikiforce app from AppExchange and get the following error when posting text from an MS Word document.  This occurs when I paste directly into the editor or when I used the Paste for MS Word button (which opens a sub-window where I do the pasting). 

Since Wikiforce was created by Force.com Labs, it's not supported by anyone.  Can someone explain if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong?  

Thanks.

Error:

Index out of Bounds: String index out of range: 3

An unexpected error has occurred. Your solution provider has been notified. (wf)

I'm developing a custom app to manage product numbering.  I'm not using the Product functionality from core SFDC.  I have the need for different product number ranges based on different product lines.  For example: Product Line 1 = PN10000-PN19999, Product Line 2 = PN20000-PN29999, etc.

The custom app will create a record for every new product that we need.  The sole purpose is to generate the product number.  I plan on having a lookup field for Product Line that will help determine the range.  Then I need to be able to find the last product number that was created in that range and increment the number by "1".

What's the best way to do that?  Can formulas be used for this?

Thanks.

I need to find a way to create an auto-incrementing version number for records created in my custom app.  I've created a product management database where product information is entered and modified over time.  When the record is intially entered, I'd like the version field to show "1".  Then if the record gets edited, I want the record to get saved with a new version number (2,3,4,etc). 

Can I do this using a custom field?

I'm developing a custom app to manage product numbering.  I'm not using the Product functionality from core SFDC.  I have the need for different product number ranges based on different product lines.  For example: Product Line 1 = PN10000-PN19999, Product Line 2 = PN20000-PN29999, etc.

The custom app will create a record for every new product that we need.  The sole purpose is to generate the product number.  I plan on having a lookup field for Product Line that will help determine the range.  Then I need to be able to find the last product number that was created in that range and increment the number by "1".

What's the best way to do that?  Can formulas be used for this?

Thanks.