• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everybody,

I want to create an approval process as soon as a custom lookup relationship field (link to my custom object) is edited by a user. How can I do it? I tried to do that like I explain you below. Is it the best way? Salesforce organization is like below:

I created an object called “PS” (for Presales) which ontains the name of all our available presales. From “Opportunity” object I created a custom field called “PS Name” which is a lookup relationship with my “PS” object.

The goal:   I want to create an approval process as soon as the “PS Name” field is edited by a user.

Final Approval or Rejection Actions:    If the edit is accept by the assigned approver, the “PS Name” field keeps this new value. Otherwise, the field must be automatically rollback by its previous value.

I’ve created a custom hide text field in the “Opportunity” object called “PS_LAST” ,which contains the previous name of the “PS Name” (for a potentially rollback). But, in a case of rejection of the approval, I can’t access to the “PS Name” field (with Field Updates of Salesforce) for rollback it to “PS_LAST”.

I hope you’ll find a way to help me, because I did not.

Best regards.

PAF
Message Edited by pafounet92800 on 06-18-2009 07:47 AM

Hi Everybody,

I want to create an approval process as soon as a custom lookup relationship field (link to my custom object) is edited by a user. How can I do it? I tried to do that like I explain you below. Is it the best way? Salesforce organization is like below:

I created an object called “PS” (for Presales) which ontains the name of all our available presales. From “Opportunity” object I created a custom field called “PS Name” which is a lookup relationship with my “PS” object.

The goal:   I want to create an approval process as soon as the “PS Name” field is edited by a user.

Final Approval or Rejection Actions:    If the edit is accept by the assigned approver, the “PS Name” field keeps this new value. Otherwise, the field must be automatically rollback by its previous value.

I’ve created a custom hide text field in the “Opportunity” object called “PS_LAST” ,which contains the previous name of the “PS Name” (for a potentially rollback). But, in a case of rejection of the approval, I can’t access to the “PS Name” field (with Field Updates of Salesforce) for rollback it to “PS_LAST”.

I hope you’ll find a way to help me, because I did not.

Best regards.

PAF
Message Edited by pafounet92800 on 06-18-2009 07:47 AM