• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I try to query a selected row(s) I am getting this error:

Salesforce: Update()

invalid Range, missing data type, or other error, type is: Contact Type mismatch

Any idea what's going wrong here and how I can fix it?  Thanks!!

I've been working on a way to show the one day view of an embedded google calendar and have it automatically default to next thursday's date.  I've made some progress, but I can't put it all together.  Let me share with you what I've learned so far and maybe you can tell me what I'm missing.  Thanks!

1.  Ok, so in order to show the Day view (rather than Month or Week) you just need to add " mode=DAY&” into the iframe url.  No problem.
2.  In order to specify which day to show in the day view (instead of today) you just need to add “ dates=20100108/20100108&” into the iframe URL (that's YYYYMMDD/YYYYMMDD of whatever day you want to display)
3.  In order to get next Thursday’s date the formula field needs to look like this:

IF(MOD(TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)=0,  TODAY() + 4,
  IF(MOD(TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)=1, TODAY()  + 3,
    IF(MOD(TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)=2, TODAY()  + 2,
     IF(MOD(TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)=3, TODAY() + 1,
       IF(MOD(TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)=4, TODAY() ,
         IF(MOD(TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)=5, TODAY() + 6,
           IF(MOD(TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7)=6,TODAY() + 5, null
)))))))

4.  In order to get the date field into the correct format you can use something like this:

<apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd}">
<apex:param value="{!TODAY()}" />
</apex:outputText>

I need help with a few things:
1.  How to include the formula (or reference the formula in a visualforce page
2.  How to change the date into the correct format
3.  How to get the formatted date inot the url of the iframe

Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

We are using a rich text field called "Photo" on the contact record to display a photo of our students.  We are trying to create a photo directory that looks like what I have below, but that will automatically update if the photo on the contact record is changed.  Also the name beneath the photo should be updated if the contact's name changes.  Is it possible to create dynamic output fields that pull from many different records?  Please help if you can.  Also, I've attached the first bit of the code I used the create the visualforce page you see below.

<apex:page >
<apex:panelGrid columns="5" id="Grid" cellspacing="10" style="text-align:center">
<apex:image value="/servlet/rtaImage?eid=0038000000pNGC4&feoid=00N80000004jxdb&refid=0EM8000000000MW"/>
<apex:image value="/servlet/rtaImage?eid=0038000000jKEiu&feoid=00N80000004jxdb&refid=0EM8000000000RS"/>
<apex:image value="/servlet/rtaImage?eid=0038000000fW3Jn&feoid=00N80000004jxdb&refid=0EM8000000000RI"/>
<apex:image value="/servlet/rtaImage?eid=0038000000tiK9z&feoid=00N80000004jxdb&refid=0EM8000000000QE"/>
<apex:image value="/servlet/rtaImage?eid=0038000000rxa0l&feoid=00N80000004jxdb&refid=0EM8000000000Ow"/>
<apex:outputLink value="/0038000000pNGC4">Noreen Alladina</apex:outputLink>
<apex:outputLink value="/0038000000jKEiu">Ken Andersen</apex:outputLink>
<apex:outputLink value="/0038000000fW3Jn">William Arnold</apex:outputLink>
<apex:outputLink value="/0038000000tiK9z">Gregory Ayers</apex:outputLink>
<apex:outputLink value="/0038000000rxa0l">Austen Bannan</apex:outputLink>

I have a couple of requests that I need help with:

1.  I am creating two customer portals and I'd like to embed the login into my website (username, password, forgot password).  I've heard you can do that through sites, but how would that interact with the rest of my website (I don't want to rebuild the entire website in Sites at this point).  Is there another way to accomplish it?

2.  As I said, I have two portals, but I'd like to have one login page.  What I would like is for the system to automatically direct users to the correct portal depending on which profile they are assigned. 

3.  Something other than login issues: I need to include a calendar in both portals and since Salesforce Public Calendars aren't available in customer portal I thought I'd use a Google calendar.  The only problem is authentication.  I definitely don't want my customer portal users to see "please login to Google" page.  Ideas? 

Please contact me if you have suggestions or if you think your company can help us build this.  We are a nonprofit so pricing is definitely a concern.  Oh, and we are hoping to have this up and running by June 1st.  Thanks!

Nathan

I was using Excel 03 and Outlook 03 and the connector worked great.  Now I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 (but I'm still using Excel 03) and I get an error message saying that the object references are invalid.  Anyone come up with a solution for this?  Thanks!

The excel connector was working great until I had to uninstall and reinstall Excel yesterday (completely unrelated problem).  Now when I open an excel file it opens the Visual Basic Editor and gives me the error: "Compile Error: Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found."  I completely uninstalled the connector, the Office Toolkit, and reset the settings on Excel.  When I reinstalled the Toolkit and it worked fine, then I installed the connector and I'm getting the same message again.  Help?

Is anyone else having a problem with the outlook 2010 (Salesforce to Outlook) addin? I installed it on a new machine Window 7 32bit, with office 2010. It works well, but after a while, it just freezes my outlook program ( "Not Responding"). When i disable to addin, Day 2, I have experienced no Outlook crashes.

Hello,

I have generated iframe code from a google calendar - that displays multiple calendars. When you create the google iframe code with multiple calendars shown in the one calendar, it modifies the iframe code accordingly.

If I were to take this (multi-calendar) iframe code and put it in a home page component as a "HTML component" it works and displays all the calendars with all the niffty calendar selctions from google.

I have created a custom Object edit page, that overrides the New and Edit button and I am trying to display this google calendar iframe on the page.

It's like it is not allowing the multi-calendar elements of the iframe code for some reason?

I have the iframe code sitting in the new VF page like so

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Calendar" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <iframe src=longurl /></iframe> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageBlockSection>

I've tried using the <apex:iframe> component and still always the same result, (same in different browsers. tried clearing cache cookies and that kind of troubleshooing as well.)

Result = The calendar shows up but does not display any of the mulit-calendar features from the google iframe code (any entires or calendar selection dropdown) .

I would like the Visualforce to treat that iframe code the same way the homepage component treats it... (just as if it would on a html page) I do not know how to achieve this. Can anyone help?

What is the core difference between the built in 'homepage component' (for a HTML section) and trying to create that in a new visualforce page?

is there an apex component I am missing <apex:missing> perhaps?  :P

Hi,

I need to create report to show contact & the very last activity performed against that person. I don’t what to show all activities performed against that contact. Only show the one past activity (past date) which is closest to today’s date.

Is this some thing possible to create? Please let me know.

Thank You.