• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All.

I have the following requirement -

I want a text to be displayed on the page that should be just a label, not to be associated with any field. It is a normal page and not a Visualforce page.

My text is about 200 characters (the character limit for field label is 50 chars and that for section label is 80 chars).

Can anyone suggest me the solution for this?

Any help will be GREAT :)

Thanks

Hi All

I am willing to make few custom fields visible only to 2 users. Both the users are in different profiles.

So I cannot go for assigning page layout to the Profile i.e. page visible only to a Profile.

Can anyone suggest me some way to make the fields visible to a user?

Thanks

Hi All,

I have an approval process for which I want first step to be the final step and there should not be any approval submissions after that.

In short, I want to end my approval process once it is approved by the Approver for first step.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance..

Hi All,

I have an Approval Process created for my custom object.

I am assigned as an Approver for the same.

I want to know, are there any settings to enable myself to see "Items to approve" list on my Homepage?

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Hi All

I have an Approval process for which I have only 1 step that is to be approved by Approver.

Once the request is approved by the Approver, I don't want to have them see the "Submit for Approval" button on the page as the button is meaningless, since there are no further steps.

Any idea how to do that ?? i.e. remove the default button appearing on the page displayed after the approval is done??

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Hi All

I get an email on my id registered with salesforce each time there occurs some exception in any of the triggers.

I want to turn this feature off.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All

I am willing to dynamically update the Picklist (multi select) of one custom object, whenever a new record is added to another custom object.

I am writing the following trigger -

trigger PMs_MultiPick_Update on Portfolio_Managers__c (after update, after insert, after delete) {
Set<String> pmlist;
    List<Portfolio_Managers__c> pm= new List<Portfolio_Managers__c>();

for(Portfolio_Managers__c p : [SELECT name from Portfolio_Managers__c]){
        pmlist = new Set<String> (p.Name.split(';'));
     }
     PM_Requests__c pmreq;

String pm_entire_list;
     for (String pml : pmlist){
         pm_entire_list = ';' + pml;
     }

pmreq.multi_test__c = pm_entire_list;
}

I am getting the runtime exception as -

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

at line 15, column 6, which is -

Please guide me on where the problem is?

Thanks

Hello

I have written the following trigger for my custom object -

trigger field_update on PM_Requests__c (after insert, after update, after delete) {
    for (PM_Requests__c pm : Trigger.new) {
        Product2 p = [Select p.name from Product2 p where p.name= :pm.Products__c];
        pm.Product_Email_DL__c=p.Email_DL_for_PMs__c;        
    }    
}

It does not seems to be working properly and produces an exception (whenever I add a new record for that object) as -

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger field_update caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: field_update: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.field_update: line 3, column 22

Please try to help me on this.

Thanks in advance...

Hello

I am writing an APEX trigger (after update) on custom object, in which I am using the standard object as -

Products p = [select p.products__c from product p];

I am getting the following error -

Error: Compile Error: sObject type 'Products' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 5 column 18

Please help...

Hello

I am assigned the Approver for the step in Approval Process and Record Editability is set to "Administrators OR the currently assigned approver can edit records during the approval process".

However, when I update the record, I get an error -  "Only Owner can edit a record".

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Hello.

I am willing to have the items in my picklist (multi select) dynamically populated, say, from some other object's field values.

Any guidance will be helpful.

Thanks

hello

I am writing a Validation rule as -

AND(ISCHANGED( field_name ) =TRUE,
             OR(LastModifiedBy.Email!=abc@site.com',
                    LastModifiedBy.Email!='xyz@site.com'))

I want to make sure that the field can be modified by above 2 users only.

However, I don't get an Error message I have supplied in Validation Rule.

Please help.

Thanks

Hello.

I have created a page called "tabbedAccount" with default code.

While over riding the View for Account, after selecting "Content Type" as 'Visualforce page', I am not able to see any pages in the "Content Name" dropdown.

Please help.

Thanks

I have a field of type Long Text area for which I have a default value assigned.

I want that user should change the value for this field and user should not be able to save the record with the default value in the field.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks

I am willing to send an email to the user who created the object whenever there are some actions/changes done on that object.

Please guide me on this.

Thanks

Hi All.

I have the following requirement -

I want a text to be displayed on the page that should be just a label, not to be associated with any field. It is a normal page and not a Visualforce page.

My text is about 200 characters (the character limit for field label is 50 chars and that for section label is 80 chars).

Can anyone suggest me the solution for this?

Any help will be GREAT :)

Thanks

Hi All

I am willing to make few custom fields visible only to 2 users. Both the users are in different profiles.

So I cannot go for assigning page layout to the Profile i.e. page visible only to a Profile.

Can anyone suggest me some way to make the fields visible to a user?

Thanks

Hi All

I get an email on my id registered with salesforce each time there occurs some exception in any of the triggers.

I want to turn this feature off.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All

I am willing to dynamically update the Picklist (multi select) of one custom object, whenever a new record is added to another custom object.

I am writing the following trigger -

trigger PMs_MultiPick_Update on Portfolio_Managers__c (after update, after insert, after delete) {
Set<String> pmlist;
    List<Portfolio_Managers__c> pm= new List<Portfolio_Managers__c>();

for(Portfolio_Managers__c p : [SELECT name from Portfolio_Managers__c]){
        pmlist = new Set<String> (p.Name.split(';'));
     }
     PM_Requests__c pmreq;

String pm_entire_list;
     for (String pml : pmlist){
         pm_entire_list = ';' + pml;
     }

}

I am getting the runtime exception as -

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

at line 15, column 6, which is -

Please guide me on where the problem is?

Thanks

Hello

I have written the following trigger for my custom object -

trigger field_update on PM_Requests__c (after insert, after update, after delete) {
    for (PM_Requests__c pm : Trigger.new) {
        Product2 p = [Select p.name from Product2 p where p.name= :pm.Products__c];
        pm.Product_Email_DL__c=p.Email_DL_for_PMs__c;        
    }    
}

It does not seems to be working properly and produces an exception (whenever I add a new record for that object) as -

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger field_update caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: field_update: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.field_update: line 3, column 22

Please try to help me on this.

Thanks in advance...

Hello

I am writing an APEX trigger (after update) on custom object, in which I am using the standard object as -

Products p = [select p.products__c from product p];

I am getting the following error -

Error: Compile Error: sObject type 'Products' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 5 column 18

Please help...

hello

I am writing a Validation rule as -

AND(ISCHANGED( field_name ) =TRUE,
             OR(LastModifiedBy.Email!=abc@site.com',
                    LastModifiedBy.Email!='xyz@site.com'))

I want to make sure that the field can be modified by above 2 users only.

However, I don't get an Error message I have supplied in Validation Rule.

Please help.

Thanks

We would like to create a multi-picklist "County" field with all of the counties found in the United States. Unfortunately that means that we would need to have about 3100 different values in our picklist .

I know that with multi-select picklists you can only have a maximum of 150 values.

Is there a way to store this information otherwise?

Is there a way around it using Apex or is the best way to do this to be forced into creating some kind of custom object solution?

any help would be appreciated.

Title:                                        Salesforce.com Web Developer/ Sr Developer / Lead

Location:                               Bangalore, IndiaSalary:                                    Competitive, based on experienceAbout Maxplore:Maxplore is one of the fastest growing companies offering a SaaS solution for strategic service management on Salesforce.com’s platform. Our premier offering ServiceMax was recognized for development of a breakthrough Field Service application and was awarded the Million Dollar Challenge in Dreamforce 2008! ServiceMax provides deep functionality in the cloud, fully in alignment in field service needs and also is deployable on rugged offline laptops as well as mobile devices. With a rapidly growing list of happy customers, it is time for you to come join our award winning team and a dynamic work environment! Be a proud part of the global software revolution of Cloud Computing! There has never been a better time! Required Skills:1.      Three to Five years Information Technology experience2.      Must have skills:a.     Sound knowledge and hands-on exposure to a relational database such as Microsoft SQL*Server or Oracleb.     Hands-on rich experience in Java, J2EE (Struts, Servlets, JSP), Web Services (SOAP and WSDL)c.     Working knowledge of Javascript, AJAX, XML and HTMLd.     Strong written and verbal communication skills3.      Nice to have skills:a.     Experience with Eclipse 3.3 or above, SalesForce.com Apex APIb.     Experience in any CRM application such as Siebel, PeopleSoft, Oracle or SalesForce.com4.      Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment, liaising with on-site teams and end users5.      Highly process-oriented Job Responsibilities:1.      Development of product components using, but not limited to:·         Force.com basic constructs such as custom objects, tabs, workflow etc.·         VisualForce·         Apex Code·         S-controls·         Managed packages·         Java/.NET2.      Analyze and understand product requirements, and convert functional & technical design documents into concrete, robust force.com-based application elements3.      Perform unit testing, document unit test results and maintain source code sanctity4.      Willingness to travel to customer locations worldwide on an as-needed basis Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format to hr.india@maxplore.com along with the following information:·         Name·         Email ID·         Contact phone numbers and best times to reach·         Current Location·         Date of availability to join·         Current CTC·         Expected CTC Indicate “Application for BLR-2009-SFDC-DEV2” in the Email Subject. Incomplete or inconsistent applications will not be considered.
Looking for a way for reps to see the progress of an approval request without requiring them to reopen the request. I know that this can be accomplished by a view on the object but would prefer something similar to the "Items to Approve" section for managers. Any suggestions?

Is it possible to schedule reports?  For example, if you have several reports that you want to run every Monday and send to Managers, can this be accomplished?  If so, how?

Thanks.