• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey there!

Newbie needs some help with a client Salesforce site.  I have a "Contact Us" form with the standard form fields (name, email, phone, etc.),  when in developer mode, the form submits , saves and redirects to the new record in the "Message" custom object.  But seeing as this is a public site, I don't want them going to the new record page.  If I fill the form as anonymous user, I get the "Authorization Required" page, which is supposed to happen as they have no permissions to that section in the app.  It also doesn't save the record.

What I am trying to do is have the form filled out as anonymous user, save the new record, and forward the user to a "thank you" page.  Is there any way of easily doing this?  Or do I need to work with triggers and whatnot?

Thanks in advance!

John

Hi all,

I'm new to Salesforce and am trying to work on a client site.  I'm getting the hang of working with pages and such and have the basic layout of the site on the client's Force.com site.  Now I'm getting into the nitty-gritty of things and keep hitting brick walls everywhere I turn.  I've tried searching, reading docs and this message board, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  So in my last ditch effort, I'm hoping one of you gurus can point me in the right direction.

Here's the scenario....

I have a client e-commerce site, subscription based.  In order for the customer to access their account, they (obviously) need to login.  I have the login component working, but, after they login, I want the login form to switch to account related links (i.e. My Account).  I'm a PHP guy, and it would be relatively easy to set an "IF" conditional statement to display the login form or links based on if they are logged in, but it seems to be a bit more complicated in Salesforce.  Maybe (hopefiully) I'm looking too deep into this and it's a relatively simple process.

I don't want to take too much of anyone's time in this, nor am I looking for someone to outright code it for me.  I'm just looking for someone that can point me in the right direction as to how I can make this happen, whether it be through controllers, classes, or directly in the page itself.

Thanks in advance and hopefully in the near future, I can return the favor here when I get the hang of it.

Hey there!

Newbie needs some help with a client Salesforce site.  I have a "Contact Us" form with the standard form fields (name, email, phone, etc.),  when in developer mode, the form submits , saves and redirects to the new record in the "Message" custom object.  But seeing as this is a public site, I don't want them going to the new record page.  If I fill the form as anonymous user, I get the "Authorization Required" page, which is supposed to happen as they have no permissions to that section in the app.  It also doesn't save the record.

What I am trying to do is have the form filled out as anonymous user, save the new record, and forward the user to a "thank you" page.  Is there any way of easily doing this?  Or do I need to work with triggers and whatnot?

Thanks in advance!

John

Hi all,

I'm new to Salesforce and am trying to work on a client site.  I'm getting the hang of working with pages and such and have the basic layout of the site on the client's Force.com site.  Now I'm getting into the nitty-gritty of things and keep hitting brick walls everywhere I turn.  I've tried searching, reading docs and this message board, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  So in my last ditch effort, I'm hoping one of you gurus can point me in the right direction.

Here's the scenario....

I have a client e-commerce site, subscription based.  In order for the customer to access their account, they (obviously) need to login.  I have the login component working, but, after they login, I want the login form to switch to account related links (i.e. My Account).  I'm a PHP guy, and it would be relatively easy to set an "IF" conditional statement to display the login form or links based on if they are logged in, but it seems to be a bit more complicated in Salesforce.  Maybe (hopefiully) I'm looking too deep into this and it's a relatively simple process.

I don't want to take too much of anyone's time in this, nor am I looking for someone to outright code it for me.  I'm just looking for someone that can point me in the right direction as to how I can make this happen, whether it be through controllers, classes, or directly in the page itself.

Thanks in advance and hopefully in the near future, I can return the favor here when I get the hang of it.