• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

On a VF page, I want to display a list of record types for a custom object --- with a checkbox preceding each record type Name.  For example, with a custom object “Food” I might have the following:

Meat

o Vegetables

o Fruit

I would like to display the record type Description (in some kind of box) on mouseover of the record type Name.  Alternately, I could display a question mark icon and display the record type Description when it is clicked ---as in the following example (using an icon for the question mark)

? Meat

? Vegetables

? Fruit

I tried the suggestion at http://salesforceworld.blogspot.com/2011/08/displaying-pop-up-summaries-on-hover-in.html#  but received Insufficient Privileges on mouseover.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barb

• February 28, 2013

What are the best practices to follow when remotely customizing Salesforce for a client --- to assure them that the integrity of their data/code will not be compromised?  For example, if the client requests a new Visualforce page that pulls data from custom objects, the developer will need to access those objects (as well as any associated validation rules, workflows, etc.)

How is this situation typically handled?  Does the client grant sys admin access to one of their Sandbox accounts?  How are customizations deployed and tested in the Production environment?

Sorry if this question was posted in the wrong forum --- I wasn't sure where it belonged.

Thanks,

Barb

• February 23, 2011

Is there an easy way to store/export Apex Class code -- e.g. as "snippets" that can be re-used or easily accessible when working in several orgs?

• October 29, 2010

I want to create a validation rule that will prevent a campaign from being deleted if the AmountWonOpportunities > 0 but I am receiving the error message "Error: Field AmountWonOpportunities may not be used in this type of formula".

Any way to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

Barb

• May 03, 2010

I need to trigger the OnChange event for a custom component (a 'Time Picker') on a particular page where it's used in a table.   The onChange event needs to call a rooutine to update a boolean flag. I have tried using actionfunction on the page, actionsupport within the component, and also creating an optional 'OnChange' attribute in the component to hold the value of a Javascript function.

It's difficult to post code since I've tried so many different things. Here are some snippets of the current state:

Here is a portion of the page.  NOTE: The Start Date field (shown before the Start Time Time Picker field)  successfully calls the  changeUpdateFlag function.

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" >
       <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!newClassList}" var="c" id="table">
             <apex:column headerValue="Start Date">
                  <apex:inputField value="{!c.StartDate}" onChange="changeUpdateFlag();" />
              </apex:column >   
              <apex:column headerValue="Start Time">
                  <c:TimePicker PickTimeField="Start Time" id="StartTime" value="{!c.StartTime__c}" onChange="changeUpdateFlag();"/>
               </apex:column>   
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:actionFunction action="{!changeUpdateFlag}" name="changeUpdateFlag" rerender="theForm"/>

Here is the component:

<apex:component >
    <script src="{!URLFOR($Resource.JQuery)}" type="text/javascript" ></script>
    <script src="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/src/jquery.ptTimeSelect.js')}" type="text/javascript" ></script>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/src/jquery.ptTimeSelect.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/ui.core.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/ui.theme.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/doc/styles/main.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/css/timecntr/jquery-ui-1.7.1.custom.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>

<apex:attribute name="PickTimeField" description="Time field" type="string" required="true"></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="PickTimeLabel" description="Time Label" type="string" required="false"></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="value" description="" type="string" required="false" ></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="onChange" description="" type="string" required="false" ></apex:attribute>

<apex:inputtext styleClass="myDate" value="{!value}" style="width:60px;font-family:Arial; font-size:.8m" onChange="{!onChange}" />

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() {
            $('.myDate').ptTimeSelect();
      });
     </script>

</apex:component>

And here is the associated code in the page controller:

public PageReference changeUpdateFlag() {
        bUpdated = true;
        return null;
        }

Any ideas on how to make this work for the component?

• April 20, 2010

I am referencing a "time picker" JQuery script in a custom component.  The component works fine except it will not save the time value to my sObject (Campaign)

I have tried using page controllers, component controllers, etc. and have just not been able to resolve this problem.  Thanks.

Here is the component:

<script src="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/src/jquery.ptTimeSelect.js')}" type="text/javascript" ></script>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/src/jquery.ptTimeSelect.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/ui.core.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/ui.theme.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/doc/styles/main.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.TimePicker,'/example/css/timecntr/jquery-ui-1.7.1.custom.css')}" ></apex:stylesheet>
    <!-- <apex:attribute name="pageController" assignTo="{!pageController}" description="The controller for the page." type="PageControllerBase" required="true"/>
    !-->
    <apex:attribute name="PickTimeField" description="Time field" type="string" required="true"></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="PickTimeLabel" description="Time Label" type="string" required="false"></apex:attribute>
    <apex:attribute name="value" description="" type="string" required="false" ></apex:attribute>

<!--<apex:inputText id="PickTimeField" value="{!value}"/>
       NOTE:  <apex:inputText will not work because it will not allow you to use a variable id (i.e., it must be hard-coded ---  	unless the API version is changed to 15.0 - and then I received other errors.  Using the HTML tag <Input DOES allow you to 
       use a variable id (e.g., id="{!PickTimeField}")
    !-->

<input id="{!PickTimeField}" value="{!value}" style="width:60px;font-family:Arial; font-size:.8m" />

$('#{!PickTimeField}').ptTimeSelect();
      });
     </script>

Here is the VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Campaign" >
    <apex:form  >
       <apex:outputPanel id="time">>
           <c:TimePicker PickTimeField="EndTime"  value="{!Campaign.endTime__c}"  />
       </apex:outputPanel>
       <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" rerender="time"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• April 17, 2010

I have created a custom button that calls a VF page 'CreateClasses' -->  /apex/CreateClasses?id={!Campaign.Id}

This button resides on the page for a particular Campaign record type.  When I select the Cancel button on the CreateClasses page, I want to return to this same page. 

How can I include the retURL parameters in the custom button (without hard-coding the entire URL)?  Is there any way to capture the $CurrentPage.Name from the original/calling page?

Thanks,

Barb Ryan

• April 12, 2010

I have set up a Developer edition account to have an arena for making mods prior to deploying them to our Nonprofit Salesforce account. 

However, I now need to create a trigger that evaluates the value in the Contact "System Account Processor" (which is a contact field in the nonprofit starter pack).  

Do I  need to install the NP starter pack in my Developer account?

Thanks!

• August 31, 2009

I created a custom object - "Sponsorship".   Either an individual Contact or an Organization/Account may be a "sponsor", so I created the master/detail relationship from Organization/Account --> Sponsorship (since an account record exists for each Contact as well as for each Organization).

I created an After Insert trigger on Sponsorship to automatically create Donation/Opportunity records.  This works great when a new Sponsorship record is added from the Organization/Account tab, but does not work from the Contacts tab.

How do I modify the trigger to use the Id from the Contact record when creating the new Donation/Opportunity records and use the Id from the Organization/Account record when adding from that interface?

• August 24, 2009

Is it possible to re-sort records that are selected on a list view and displayed on another page?  For example, I select 3 accounts from a listview, which are then displayed on a Mass Edit page.  I have tried several method to (in a controller extension) to re-sort the records without any luck.  Is there a way of using getRecords, sorting the records, then using setRecords to update the page display? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Barb R.

• March 11, 2011

What are the best practices to follow when remotely customizing Salesforce for a client --- to assure them that the integrity of their data/code will not be compromised?  For example, if the client requests a new Visualforce page that pulls data from custom objects, the developer will need to access those objects (as well as any associated validation rules, workflows, etc.)

How is this situation typically handled?  Does the client grant sys admin access to one of their Sandbox accounts?  How are customizations deployed and tested in the Production environment?

Sorry if this question was posted in the wrong forum --- I wasn't sure where it belonged.

Thanks,

Barb

• February 23, 2011

Is there an easy way to store/export Apex Class code -- e.g. as "snippets" that can be re-used or easily accessible when working in several orgs?

• October 29, 2010

I would like to use the Office Toolkit (which I have installed) with MS Access.  However, when I open Access, I cannot see where to connect to Salesforce.  When I open Word, I have a Salesforce menu --- but nothing in Access.  I do not have the ODBC driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Barb

• April 30, 2010

Is it safe to store Credit Card information in an org?  I have created a Payment object and want to capture credit card information (i.e., CC number, expiration date, etc.).  I know that I can secure these fields within Salesforce, but are there any other security issues that I should be concerned with?  Eventually, we will use some type of online credit card processing but was wondering if this would work until then.

Thanks,

Barb

• April 26, 2010

I need to trigger the OnChange event for a custom component (a 'Time Picker') on a particular page where it's used in a table.   The onChange event needs to call a rooutine to update a boolean flag. I have tried using actionfunction on the page, actionsupport within the component, and also creating an optional 'OnChange' attribute in the component to hold the value of a Javascript function.

It's difficult to post code since I've tried so many different things. Here are some snippets of the current state:

Here is a portion of the page.  NOTE: The Start Date field (shown before the Start Time Time Picker field)  successfully calls the  changeUpdateFlag function.

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" >
       <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!newClassList}" var="c" id="table">
             <apex:column headerValue="Start Date">
                  <apex:inputField value="{!c.StartDate}" onChange="changeUpdateFlag();" />
              </apex:column >   
              <apex:column headerValue="Start Time">
                  <c:TimePicker PickTimeField="Start Time" id="StartTime" value="{!c.StartTime__c}" onChange="changeUpdateFlag();"/>
               </apex:column>   
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:actionFunction action="{!changeUpdateFlag}" name="changeUpdateFlag" rerender="theForm"/>

Here is the component:

<apex:attribute name="onChange" description="" type="string" required="false" ></apex:attribute>

<apex:inputtext styleClass="myDate" value="{!value}" style="width:60px;font-family:Arial; font-size:.8m" onChange="{!onChange}" />

$('.myDate').ptTimeSelect();
      });
     </script>

And here is the associated code in the page controller:

public PageReference changeUpdateFlag() {
        bUpdated = true;
        return null;
        }

Any ideas on how to make this work for the component?

• April 20, 2010

I am referencing a "time picker" JQuery script in a custom component.  The component works fine except it will not save the time value to my sObject (Campaign)

I have tried using page controllers, component controllers, etc. and have just not been able to resolve this problem.  Thanks.

Here is the component:

<!-- <apex:attribute name="pageController" assignTo="{!pageController}" description="The controller for the page." type="PageControllerBase" required="true"/>
    !-->

<!--<apex:inputText id="PickTimeField" value="{!value}"/>
       NOTE:  <apex:inputText will not work because it will not allow you to use a variable id (i.e., it must be hard-coded ---  	unless the API version is changed to 15.0 - and then I received other errors.  Using the HTML tag <Input DOES allow you to 
       use a variable id (e.g., id="{!PickTimeField}")
    !-->

<input id="{!PickTimeField}" value="{!value}" style="width:60px;font-family:Arial; font-size:.8m" />

$('#{!PickTimeField}').ptTimeSelect();
      });
     </script>

Here is the VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Campaign" >
    <apex:form  >
       <apex:outputPanel id="time">>
           <c:TimePicker PickTimeField="EndTime"  value="{!Campaign.endTime__c}"  />
       </apex:outputPanel>
       <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" rerender="time"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• April 17, 2010

I have created a custom button that calls a VF page 'CreateClasses' -->  /apex/CreateClasses?id={!Campaign.Id}

This button resides on the page for a particular Campaign record type.  When I select the Cancel button on the CreateClasses page, I want to return to this same page. 

How can I include the retURL parameters in the custom button (without hard-coding the entire URL)?  Is there any way to capture the $CurrentPage.Name from the original/calling page?

Thanks,

Barb Ryan

• April 12, 2010