• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I thought this would be a solved issue, as it's a fundamental business process for thousands of different businesses that log calls and emails via Tasks.

Please let me know if I'm missing something obvious, but there seems to be a serious problem with how to measure incoming and out going calls.

When logging a call, we have a "Type" a "Subject".

There is a standard SFDC field on Activities called "Call Type"

Typically Business have incoming and outgoing (or internal) calls and emails, 

So this field "Call Type" has the non editable values of "Inbound, Outbound, Internal"

When a user is logging a call - they should create the "Subject" the "Type" should be Call/email/etc and the "Call Type" should be as above.

For some strange reason when in the edit page of creating a Task "Call Type" is a locked, blank, non editable field. There is no help entry information on this field.

I can only assume that it knows if an email is "Inbound, Outbound, Internal" But this has nothing to do with Phone calls being logged by users. 

Is this some feature that is used with a CTI adapter for Call Center?

If a CTI adapter is not being used how should incoming/outgoing calls be logged?

If I change the values of the "Type" from "Call, Email" to "Call in, Call out, Email In, Email Out" then when creating a custom report type of something as standard as Accounts with Activities, it will not allow me to access the "Type" field, but the "Call Type" field is available for use.

So reporting on Activities, the way Activities are best practice to be used, is in direct contradiction here.

I would have thought this would be solved years ago as it's an essential business process. What am I missing? Is it broken? Or do most people just throw together an inefficient unclear way of logging calls and reporting on them?

If the "Call Type" was an editable pick list - this seems logical and would work for thousands of Businesses.

Instead my best bet seems to recreate the Call Type pick list as a custom field with exactly the same values - which makes reporting problematic as there is 2 identical field names. Perhaps I should call the custom field "Actual Call Type" or Call Type Proper" - What is a user to to think when viewing this field? Maybe "Communication Direction" is a better name for my custom field. 

Message Edited by Cloudbox on 04-01-2010 11:44 PM

Hello,

I have generated iframe code from a google calendar - that displays multiple calendars. When you create the google iframe code with multiple calendars shown in the one calendar, it modifies the iframe code accordingly.

If I were to take this (multi-calendar) iframe code and put it in a home page component as a "HTML component" it works and displays all the calendars with all the niffty calendar selctions from google.

I have created a custom Object edit page, that overrides the New and Edit button and I am trying to display this google calendar iframe on the page.

It's like it is not allowing the multi-calendar elements of the iframe code for some reason?

I have the iframe code sitting in the new VF page like so

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Calendar" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <iframe src=longurl /></iframe> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageBlockSection>

I've tried using the <apex:iframe> component and still always the same result, (same in different browsers. tried clearing cache cookies and that kind of troubleshooing as well.)

Result = The calendar shows up but does not display any of the mulit-calendar features from the google iframe code (any entires or calendar selection dropdown) .

I would like the Visualforce to treat that iframe code the same way the homepage component treats it... (just as if it would on a html page) I do not know how to achieve this. Can anyone help?

What is the core difference between the built in 'homepage component' (for a HTML section) and trying to create that in a new visualforce page?

is there an apex component I am missing <apex:missing> perhaps?  :P

I am test designing a custom application and have it all configured nicely, but need some help with the code as I'm a spring newbie in this area.

I am very familiar with HTML etc and have recently been researching apex/java style syntax and structure and it's a very slow process.

I understand you need to have classes defined and then you can create trigger scripts and visualforce pages that interact with the classes.

I understand the class types and the basic concept of methods but the details here-in are where I am finding it hard to self teach myself - Let alone achieve my goal.

Should I be using IDE? How does one find the correct code operators and how to use them? Anyway I find myself typing in lines of code just guessing and realising I'm like a blind man feeling around in a room of buttons hoping I press the right one. I have done the fundamentals course and are trying to get my head around the cook book. But I'm getting into the hard code stuff now.

I would be grateful if someone could shine a torch around for me in my current goal before I go for a personal educational course on this. 

My Goal:

In a force.com custom app I have an Object (tab - arbitrarily called "Items") that creates an item as an auto number record (on clicking new button)

Then takes me to the create page where I specify the related contact / account and other info

I have a number field in this object and which also appears on the create page which is "Number of items"

Now the idea is that the information entered on the create page will look at the "Number of items" and then create identical records from the entered information, but with unique record entries in the database.

For example: I fill in the item details in the fields on the create page and specify "Number of items = 5" (type '5' in the field)

I want it to create 5 new item records using the Auto Number record sequence

ITEM-001

ITEM-002

ITEM-003

ITEM-004

ITEM-005

Seems logical and simple enough, but making it happen is proving difficult for me.

I figure, I need to use a trigger to replicate the record, so use 'before insert' to kick in when the save button is pressed to create the record(s) and some how have it look at the field with the amount of iterations and have some code that makes it 'stamp' that many iterations. And that I need to define this as a class.

Either that or I could create a visualforce wizard page that looks more familiar to me from my html coding experience to replace the standard record create page (on clicking new) where I need to define the class as well.

What I am wondering - Is this a simple coding task that I am just not good enough yet to understand? Considering I have been researching for a day now and have not come much closer. Is this something that someone out here could think "Oh yes you use this and that and there you go" or does this kind of thing take many days/hours of development?

If it is a straight forward hand full of lines could someone show me some code so I can attempt to reverse engineer it for my understanding. Or even the way I should structure the class and what code operators I should be looking at.

I feel like I have the idea in the logic but I can't translate it into code.

Any help is much appreciated as I really want to learn how to do this rather than pay to have it done for me. (I'm trying to learn to be a developer even though I'm totally newb). Even advise on how to learn for someone at my level

TIA

I thought this would be a solved issue, as it's a fundamental business process for thousands of different businesses that log calls and emails via Tasks.

Please let me know if I'm missing something obvious, but there seems to be a serious problem with how to measure incoming and out going calls.

When logging a call, we have a "Type" a "Subject".

There is a standard SFDC field on Activities called "Call Type"

Typically Business have incoming and outgoing (or internal) calls and emails, 

So this field "Call Type" has the non editable values of "Inbound, Outbound, Internal"

When a user is logging a call - they should create the "Subject" the "Type" should be Call/email/etc and the "Call Type" should be as above.

For some strange reason when in the edit page of creating a Task "Call Type" is a locked, blank, non editable field. There is no help entry information on this field.

I can only assume that it knows if an email is "Inbound, Outbound, Internal" But this has nothing to do with Phone calls being logged by users. 

Is this some feature that is used with a CTI adapter for Call Center?

If a CTI adapter is not being used how should incoming/outgoing calls be logged?

If I change the values of the "Type" from "Call, Email" to "Call in, Call out, Email In, Email Out" then when creating a custom report type of something as standard as Accounts with Activities, it will not allow me to access the "Type" field, but the "Call Type" field is available for use.

So reporting on Activities, the way Activities are best practice to be used, is in direct contradiction here.

I would have thought this would be solved years ago as it's an essential business process. What am I missing? Is it broken? Or do most people just throw together an inefficient unclear way of logging calls and reporting on them?

If the "Call Type" was an editable pick list - this seems logical and would work for thousands of Businesses.

Instead my best bet seems to recreate the Call Type pick list as a custom field with exactly the same values - which makes reporting problematic as there is 2 identical field names. Perhaps I should call the custom field "Actual Call Type" or Call Type Proper" - What is a user to to think when viewing this field? Maybe "Communication Direction" is a better name for my custom field. 

Message Edited by Cloudbox on 04-01-2010 11:44 PM

I have created a custom image field to display the time remaining from 48h to 0h until an SLA expires :

IMAGE("/img/samples/color_green.gif", "", 12, max(0, 48 - Chrono_DureeCourante__c) ) &
IMAGE("/img/samples/color_white.gif", "", 12, 1 ) &
IMAGE("/img/samples/color_red.gif", "", 12, min(48, Chrono_DureeCourante__c) ) &
IMAGE("/s.gif", "", 12, 3 ) &
text(max(0, round((48 - Chrono_DureeCourante__c), 1))) &
"h"

Chrono_DureeCourante__c is a number between 0 and 48.

This is what the result looks like :

I have tried changing the way the text is displayed (second-last line) : no good.

Is this a bug ?   Is there a way of sorting correctly ?

Rup

• February 01, 2010

I am test designing a custom application and have it all configured nicely, but need some help with the code as I'm a spring newbie in this area.

I am very familiar with HTML etc and have recently been researching apex/java style syntax and structure and it's a very slow process.

I understand you need to have classes defined and then you can create trigger scripts and visualforce pages that interact with the classes.

I understand the class types and the basic concept of methods but the details here-in are where I am finding it hard to self teach myself - Let alone achieve my goal.

Should I be using IDE? How does one find the correct code operators and how to use them? Anyway I find myself typing in lines of code just guessing and realising I'm like a blind man feeling around in a room of buttons hoping I press the right one. I have done the fundamentals course and are trying to get my head around the cook book. But I'm getting into the hard code stuff now.

I would be grateful if someone could shine a torch around for me in my current goal before I go for a personal educational course on this. 

My Goal:

In a force.com custom app I have an Object (tab - arbitrarily called "Items") that creates an item as an auto number record (on clicking new button)

Then takes me to the create page where I specify the related contact / account and other info

I have a number field in this object and which also appears on the create page which is "Number of items"

Now the idea is that the information entered on the create page will look at the "Number of items" and then create identical records from the entered information, but with unique record entries in the database.

For example: I fill in the item details in the fields on the create page and specify "Number of items = 5" (type '5' in the field)

I want it to create 5 new item records using the Auto Number record sequence

ITEM-001

ITEM-002

ITEM-003

ITEM-004

ITEM-005

Seems logical and simple enough, but making it happen is proving difficult for me.

I figure, I need to use a trigger to replicate the record, so use 'before insert' to kick in when the save button is pressed to create the record(s) and some how have it look at the field with the amount of iterations and have some code that makes it 'stamp' that many iterations. And that I need to define this as a class.

Either that or I could create a visualforce wizard page that looks more familiar to me from my html coding experience to replace the standard record create page (on clicking new) where I need to define the class as well.

What I am wondering - Is this a simple coding task that I am just not good enough yet to understand? Considering I have been researching for a day now and have not come much closer. Is this something that someone out here could think "Oh yes you use this and that and there you go" or does this kind of thing take many days/hours of development?

If it is a straight forward hand full of lines could someone show me some code so I can attempt to reverse engineer it for my understanding. Or even the way I should structure the class and what code operators I should be looking at.

I feel like I have the idea in the logic but I can't translate it into code.

Any help is much appreciated as I really want to learn how to do this rather than pay to have it done for me. (I'm trying to learn to be a developer even though I'm totally newb). Even advise on how to learn for someone at my level

TIA

I am using the unlimited edition of SalesForce and have an issue with a custom object we're trying to create for an internal customer.  I've created two custom objects for our client implementaion group.  One is for the client currently in Implementation to house their critical data about the implementation.  the second is an object very similiar to the case object, but it is intended to house test cases for that are sued during the implementation.  these test cases are generic cases that will be tailored for each client.

My issue is that one of the business requirements is for the client or implementation analyst to select multiple test cases from the generic library (custom Object "Test Case"), clone them all at once and then assign them to the client (Custom Object "Implementation").  Does anyone know of a way to clone multiple cases at once?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jason

Message Edited by JasonF on 07-18-2008 08:05 AM

Message Edited by JasonF on 07-18-2008 08:05 AM