• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I need to update a picklist field based on the result of a formula field.

My exact requirement is like this: I use a custom object for Bug Tracking based on the Estimated Time taken for resolution I categorize them as L1,L2,L3.

Now I want to use this formula result to update my picklist field. If I don't manually enter the Category value too the formula field will give the correct category which should be updated in the category picklist.

please help.

Bharath 

Hi People,

i got an idea from one of the threads that we can use  required="True" for making a picklist field mandatory in a page rendered inVF. can anyone please help with the Standard pages. so that i can make it mandatory on click on the Custom button.

Regards,

Bharath

hi all,

i need to update a hidden field using Apex code.

Is that possible. If so please provide some inputs regarding it.

Thanks in advance,

Bharath

hi all,

Can anyone of you provide me a piece of code that can change user profiles in Run-time using Apex.

Thanks in advance,

Bharath

hi all,

i need to capture the details of a read-only field in Apex code. Please suggest some way.

Thanks,

Bharath

Hi,

I want to ask are there configurations to remove or hide the sidebar on all tabs in Customer Portal? What I can do is to remove sidebar in Home tab but other tabs still show the sidebar.. Or if not possible, I want to remove or hide like Recent Items box.. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

I am trying to create a apex page which creates a new Lead using the data input by a user. This is done through an ajax call which will not use any controller classes. My goal is to create a lead and redirect to another site. I have achieved this using the following code.

var lead = new sforce.SObject("Lead");
     lead.lastName = "a";
     lead.company = "b";
     lead.status = "Open - Not Contacted";
     var result = sforce.connection.create([lead]);
     alert(result[0].id);
     window.location="http://www.google.com";

This works fine when executed in a page preview but throws an exception when the page is linked to salesforce sites.

Exception is follows.

Error: uncaught exception: {faultcode:'sf:API_CURRENTLY_DISABLED', faultstring:'API_CURRENTLY_DISABLED: API is disabled for this User', detail:{UnexpectedErrorFault:{exceptionCode:'API_CURRENTLY_DISABLED', exceptionMessage:'API is disabled for this User', }, }, }

Can anyone help me on this urgently?

Thanks

Hi,

I need to update a picklist field based on the result of a formula field.

My exact requirement is like this: I use a custom object for Bug Tracking based on the Estimated Time taken for resolution I categorize them as L1,L2,L3.

Now I want to use this formula result to update my picklist field. If I don't manually enter the Category value too the formula field will give the correct category which should be updated in the category picklist.

please help.

Bharath 

Hi People,

i got an idea from one of the threads that we can use  required="True" for making a picklist field mandatory in a page rendered inVF. can anyone please help with the Standard pages. so that i can make it mandatory on click on the Custom button.

Regards,

Bharath

Hello experts,

I need to update Account Owner ID's of around 10000 records. I have tried to update it through APEX Data Loader. It completes the update process successfully without any errors, but when I have checked the account records, not a single account owner id has been updated.

When I tried to change account owner manually from salesforce it self, it is working fine.

Any idea??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kamlesh

Hello. I'm creating a VF page and incorporating a PickList Field from a Custom Object.  I've set the Validation Rule to ensure that the field isn't empty but that only works from within Salesforce. 

I need to ensure a value is selected from the PickList when an end user is entering a record through the VisualForce page.

FYI: Text fields that are marked as Required DO spawn the appropriate Error Msg if they are left blank.

Message Edited by kenzo on 02-09-2010 03:57 PM
  • February 09, 2010

Hi,

I need to introduce some simple validation on the Convert button on the Lead object.  I have two fields that each need to have a particular value (Lead Status must be Closed- Converted, and a custom picklist field Membership Level must a value chosen)

I understand that this can (should) be done using a trigger, but I'm afraid I don't know how to do that.

I work for a non-profit and we're implementing this ourselves, so would really appreciate some help please.

(My skills are confined to having attended the Admin Essentials course)

Thanks in advance

Martin

hi all,

i need to update a hidden field using Apex code.

Is that possible. If so please provide some inputs regarding it.

Thanks in advance,

Bharath

I have written a clone method to get the child records with the record being cloned. I had just simply hard coded the fields that can be edited during cloning. Now I am running into the problem of users wanting to see all fields for the corresponding page-layout in while cloning. So I am trying to figure how how I can clone a record into an edit page for the same page layout as the record being cloned. 

I can't figure out a way to do this.

Here is what I am trying from a custom button on a detail page.

/{!object.Id}/e?clone=1&retURL=/apex/myPage?Id={object.Id}

The "save" button on the edit page that I have no access to change sends me here...

/{!object.Id}

It ignores my retURL all together. 

Thank you for any help. I'm stuck.

Hi:

I wanted to know, can I create a button that would prevent a record from being created when one exist already for the child object.

If yes, does anyone have an example to lead me off.

Thanks

MMA

• September 16, 2009

Hi,

I have a requirement like when the Customer Portal user edits his personal information an message should be displayed saying "This will not update the Contact Information. This will update only the user information". But there should be some way where the user should save the details updated in the personal information.

So, I decided to keep a checkbox field so that when the user saves an error message will be shown and asking the user to check the checkbox and click save.

But later i realized that custom fields of user object are not visible for Customer portal user when he tries to update his personal information. 

Is there any other alternative for this requirement.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Here is the code I am trying

trigger checkcontactupdation on User (before update) { Boolean contactnotupdated=true; for(User u:trigger.New){ if(u.Id==UserInfo.getuserId() && u.ContactId!=null){ if(u.Contact_will_not_be_updated__c==true) u.Contact_will_not_be_updated__c.adderror('This will not update the contact information. Confirm this by checking this checkbox and then Click on Save'); else{} } } }

Thanks

Arvind

• September 14, 2009

hi all,

i need to capture the details of a read-only field in Apex code. Please suggest some way.

Thanks,

Bharath

I need to write an Apex Trigger that will check if an account exists when a user tries to create a new account, and either allow the insert if the account is not found or block the insert and display a message telling the user this account cannot be created since it already exists.

I have never written an Apex Code and I will be going to a class in January to learn how to write Apex Code, but in the meantime (since I need this trigger ASAP) can someone provide the code to do this? I imagine this is not very complicated and it is a trigger that many other people may have already written.

Thanks so much in advance to whoever can help me with this Apex Trigger code.