• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there, I have been developing a VisualForce page for a client, accessed via their 'Sites' site. I had initially set this up and it was working fine, however today I made a change and when I tried to access the page to check the change, it told me I had to login.

The page was setup for public access with no auth required, and was working as such. I've checked all permissions, and they are as they were. I haven't changed the code to access any objects that I wasn't accessing before, and the read permissions are there for the objects I am accessing.

I'm totally stuck as to know what to do next!! Any help appreciated :)

Regards, Ben

Hi all, any help on this would be appreciated. I have a client who wants me to build them a salesforce Site to allow them to let their Contacts login and update newsletter preferences. In order to do this, I've worked out i need to do the following:

- Setup the Customer Portal to allow users to login

- Add necessary fields to Contact object

- Build sites pages to allow users to edit Contact data

However, I'm getting very confused about what is and isn't possible. This page tells me that I can setup teh Customer Portal and allow the default Customer Portal Manager role to read, create and edit contact objects. However, following the instructions exactly (including setting up a new Dev Edition account), when I go to edit the Customer Portal Manager permissions, I'm unable to change the Standard Object Permissions - they're just shown as read only, not as checkboxes as per the wiki page.

Then again, this page tells me that Site licences do not allow edit / delete on standard objects.

So, which is it? 

Finally, what licence will my client need to enable all this? I think it's Enterprise, which gives them Sites and the Customer Portal.  But will this give them Edit permissions for Portal users on Standard Objects? If not what will they need? And, given that they're not sure which licence they have, where can I find out in the Admin, or do they need to contact Customer Services?

AHA, Ben

Hi there, I have been developing a VisualForce page for a client, accessed via their 'Sites' site. I had initially set this up and it was working fine, however today I made a change and when I tried to access the page to check the change, it told me I had to login.

The page was setup for public access with no auth required, and was working as such. I've checked all permissions, and they are as they were. I haven't changed the code to access any objects that I wasn't accessing before, and the read permissions are there for the objects I am accessing.

I'm totally stuck as to know what to do next!! Any help appreciated :)

Regards, Ben

Hi all, any help on this would be appreciated. I have a client who wants me to build them a salesforce Site to allow them to let their Contacts login and update newsletter preferences. In order to do this, I've worked out i need to do the following:

- Setup the Customer Portal to allow users to login

- Add necessary fields to Contact object

- Build sites pages to allow users to edit Contact data

However, I'm getting very confused about what is and isn't possible. This page tells me that I can setup teh Customer Portal and allow the default Customer Portal Manager role to read, create and edit contact objects. However, following the instructions exactly (including setting up a new Dev Edition account), when I go to edit the Customer Portal Manager permissions, I'm unable to change the Standard Object Permissions - they're just shown as read only, not as checkboxes as per the wiki page.

Then again, this page tells me that Site licences do not allow edit / delete on standard objects.

So, which is it? 

Finally, what licence will my client need to enable all this? I think it's Enterprise, which gives them Sites and the Customer Portal.  But will this give them Edit permissions for Portal users on Standard Objects? If not what will they need? And, given that they're not sure which licence they have, where can I find out in the Admin, or do they need to contact Customer Services?

AHA, Ben