• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone have any ideas for how to check what browser and version is being used while rendering a visualforce page?

Thanks! 

Hi,

I came up with my own case comments replacement with visual force pages, but I lost the functionality of the

buitl in spell checker.

Can I include the spell checker on my visual force page?

Thank you.

• October 20, 2009

Can we Export Excel sheet with more then one tab by VF page.or CRM???????????

I want to show more then one object's record in a Excel sheet with diffrent tab.

I am useing code..........

<apex:smileytongue:age standardController="Account" contenttype="application/vnd.ms-excel">

Help me plz 

Thanks !!!!!!!

Can i update all fields in Profile bye Apex code?

Hi!

I want to include an apex method, which needs an object as variable, into my own visualforce page. So, if anybody clicks on a commandLink the method should be envoked with the relative object.

My approach:

<apex:pageBlock title="Title">
<apex:dataTable value="{!method}" var="object" width="100%">
<apex:column >
<apex:facet name="header">ID</apex:facet>
<apex:form >
<apex:commandLink value="{!object.name}" action="{!method(object)}"/>
</apex:form>
</apex:column>
</apex:dataTable>
</apex:pageBlock>

The method [in dataTable value] is defined in an apex class and returns a list of several objects with some attributes, e.g. the name.

The method(object) [in commandLink action] is also defined in an apex class. Unfortunately I can't refer to the object.

Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance!

Phil 

I need to insert 3,000 contacts from Parature into Salesforce using the Apex Data loader. I cannot figure out how to associate the Account names with these contacts so they are uploading dupes without account names. So even if I did a mass dedupe it couldnt be possible since there is no account names associated.

Is there a way I can do this? I tried Inserting/Upserting using the Contact record, but there was no field of Account name to map it too?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• November 04, 2009

Hi everybody!

I have a big giant questionnaire, and during my save process in my controller, I want to do some error-checking.  I want to make sure fields aren't more than the 255 characters that they should be.  Here's my "code" that I've gotten to work so far:

public PageReference save() { string TestLength = 'ThisShouldBeTheFieldFromTheVisualForcePage'; Integer LengthOfField = TestLength.length(); if (LengthOfField>255) {pop up a window saying that it's too big and break out of page} else {save the questionnaire} }

This code works fine, but when I try to replace the value 'ThisShouldBeTheFieldFromTheVisualForcePage' with the actual field, as seen in this code:

string TestLength = qGeneral.Project_Name__c;

it doesn't seem to work.  It errors out on the "Integer LengthOfField = TestLength.length();" line.  And Eclipse gives an error that says "An unexpected error has occured", which doesn't help me at all.  I tried defining the variable beforehand...I tried checking for "null" before this line thinking that it might not like that.  I just can't get it to work, and I'm sure it's something dumb, but I've been beating myself against the wall for awhile now, and I figure I'd come here and listen to someone tell me how stupid I've been to save some time.

Any and all help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jason

Message Edited by JasonGardner on 11-03-2009 07:46 PM

I would like to place a lookup button (a commandlink with an icon) to the right of an inputtext field. The field and it's label are within a pageBlockSectionItem. When I attempt to place link to the right of the inputtext field I obviously get the error: <apex:pageBlockSectionItem> may have no more than two child components.

Is there any way of placing a link to the right of this field or must I abandon the pageblocksection?

The field in question...

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:commandLink value="To" id="to_contact_link" immediate="true" action="{!InitContactDialog}" reRender="contact_dialog_form"/> <apex:inputText value="{!ToContactName}" id="to_contact"></apex:inputText> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>

Would like to do this...

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:commandLink value="To" id="to_contact_link" immediate="true" action="{!InitContactDialog}" reRender="contact_dialog_form"/> <apex:inputText value="{!ToContactName}" id="to_contact"></apex:inputText> <apex:commandLink immediate="true" action="{!InitContactDialog}" reRender="contact_dialog_form"> <apex:image value="{!$Resource.SearchIconA}"/> </apex:commandLink> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> 

• November 03, 2009

Hi,

Very new to developing with Visualforce.  I am trying to create a simple page most of which is using information stored on the account page.  So I began using the standard account controller.

I now need to display only certain fields and certain records for one section, see below. 

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Board Members" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contact_Role__r}" var="contact"> <apex:column value="{!contact.contact__r.name}" /> <apex:column value="{!contact.title__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.state__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.primary_account__c}"/> 

</apex:pageBlockTable> 

I think I need to create an extension which I have tried but my filter (only show roles = "Board Members" does not work.  Any guidance would be much appreciated.  Full code below which probably looks bad!!!

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="cr"> <apex:sectionHeader title="Sales Plan for {!Account.Name}"/> <apex:pageBlock title="People"> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Board Members" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contact_Role__r}" var="contact"> <apex:column value="{!contact.contact__r.name}" /> <apex:column value="{!contact.title__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.state__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.primary_account__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Key Contacts" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contact_Role__r}" var="contact"> <apex:column value="{!contact.contact__r.name}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.contact_role__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.title__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.primary__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Consultants" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contact_Role__r}" var="contact"> <apex:column value="{!contact.primary_account__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.contact__r.name}"/> <apex:column value="{!contact.primary__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1"> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Last_Sales_Contact__c}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Last_Road_Show_Contact__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Filenotes/News/Updates"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.File_Notes__r}" var="filenotes"> <apex:column value="{!filenotes.Date_of_Filenote__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!filenotes.Subject__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Opportunities"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.opportunities}" var="Opps"> <apex:column value="{!Opps.CloseDate}"/> <apex:column value="{!Opps.Name}"/> <apex:column value="{!Opps.Description}"/> <apex:column value="{!Opps.Probability__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!Opps.Amount}"/> <apex:column value="{!Opps.NextStep}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Plan of Action"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.ActivityHistories}" var="task"> <apex:column value="{!task.activitydate}"/> <apex:column value="{!task.subject}"/> <apex:column value="{!task.Whoid}"/> <apex:column value="{!task.whatid}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Static Data"> <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1"> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Description}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Funds_Under_Management__c}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Profile__c}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Objective__c}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Investment_Preference__c}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Role_of_PDS__c}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Consultant_Approval__c}"/> <apex:outputField value="{!Account.Points_to_Note__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> 

</apex:page> 

Hi

I have following 3 questions. Please help me if you can

I added VF page(with standard controller extension) on user page layout. It works fine on detail page. When I edit the user, this VF page does not render it's output. How can  I  use VF on edit page then?

Is it possible to add/update/delete picklist values from apex? I was only able to retrieve, but don't know how update.

I have custom controller, which I like to use instead of standard controller page for user object. How can I  configure my controller to be used for user objects?

thanks

mike

I'm seeing this (all by itself) in a debug log. What does it mean? And why does it claim to take 9,136 ms? And why is there another debug log, immediately following, and resulting from the same (single) click, but with a start time only three seconds later?

Element thePage called method {!checkManageability} returned type PageReference: none

Does anyone have any ideas for how to check what browser and version is being used while rendering a visualforce page?

Thanks! 

I am having trouble with the below formula as it is date/time based.

I was hoping to use traffic lights, based on when the opportunity record has last been modified, to ensure that the opportunity is being updated regularly / highlight when they are not being updated.

I would like a green light to be dispalyed for the first 10 days , a yellow one to be displayed between 10 and 20 days and a red light after 30 days. I have tried with the below formula but it does not seem to work Can anyone help please?

( CASE

( LastModifiedDate,

NOW() -10, "/img/samples/light_green.gif",

NOW() - 20, "/img/samples/light_yellow.gif",

NOW() - 30, "/img/samples/light_red.gif",

"/s.gif"),

"status colour")

Thanks

hello - 

1.  users can see their cases in the portal, but not the contents/descriptions - how can i enable them to read the contents so they can view the full status?

thanks !

Message Edited by JimKam on 10-29-2009 09:46 PM
  • October 30, 2009

Can we Export Excel sheet with more then one tab by VF page.or CRM???????????

I want to show more then one object's record in a Excel sheet with diffrent tab.

I am useing code..........

<apex:smileytongue:age standardController="Account" contenttype="application/vnd.ms-excel">

Help me plz 

Thanks !!!!!!!

Is there a way I can add my pick list values from an apex code. Samething for controlling pick list fields?

Thank you.

• October 23, 2009

Hello everyone!!!

I have a VisualForce Page where I show all the fields of a custom object.  

<apex: pageBlockTable value="{!FilteredInvoices}"  var="item">
                      <apex:column headervalue="Invoice"><a href="/{!item.Id}" >{!item.name}</a></apex:column>
                    <apex:column headervalue="Folder" value="{!item.Folder__c}"/>          
                    <apex:column headervalue="Sum" value="{!item.Sum__c}"/>
</apex: pageBlockTable>  

If I have one hundred invoices, I show all of them. My client wants to see it in groups of 15, with a numerical order in the buttom. For instead, in the first page, the first 15 invoices, if you clic the number 2, the second 15 invoices.....

any idea?

thanks in advance!!

I have a custom visualforce page which takes the lead id as parameter and populates lead record fields for update.

Everything works fine when i access my page with /apex/pagename?id=AAAAA but when i access this page with CMSForce by creating Template and then creating PageItems etc., my page through this exception

SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Lead.Courier__c

any idea abt this exception ? thanks ..

Arshad

Looking for Salesforce BA @ Raleigh, NC and Developers @ Milwaukee WI - All Fulltime Positions - Compuware Corporation

Job Description for Developer at Milwaukee, WI
  1. This position is for Salesforce.com Developer, NOT for BA/Admin
  2. Strong communication skills is REQUIRED
  3. Experience with 2 full Salesforce.com projects is REQUIRED.
  4. Considerable experience on triggers, validation rules, workflows, working with governor limits is REQUIRED.
  5. Some Experience with using Full Sandbox and deployments with ANT OR Eclipse is REQUIRED
  6. Considerable experience with Salesforce.com developer toolkit including Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tool, Web Services. is REQUIRED.
  7. Some experience with technical documentation is REQUIRED
  8. Some experience with SOSL, SOQL and CSS is REQUIRED
  9. Some experience with Customer Portal, Force.com Sites is HELPFUL
  10. Some experience with packages and s-controls is HELPFUL
  11. Some Admin experience is HELPFUL
  12. DEV 401 and DEV 501 certifications are HELPFUL

Hi,

I came up with my own case comments replacement with visual force pages, but I lost the functionality of the

buitl in spell checker.

Can I include the spell checker on my visual force page?

Thank you.

• October 20, 2009

Salary: Negotiable

Skills Requiredd:  Apex, Visual force, Sites, Webservices, Salesforce.com API, Data Migration, Custom app development, Application packaging.Position entails managing data importing, implementing, training, and consulting projects for our clients.   Interpersonal and relationship-building skills that allow success in professional, social and networking opportunities are essential.  Must have the ability to work as a team player, combined with ability to work independently with limited supervision. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is also necessary.  Knowledge of Salesforce.com

Mail your resume to wilma.fernandes@riverdale.co.in

Regards,

Wilma Fernandes.

• September 24, 2009
Fulltime Salesforce/Force.com Web Developer to assist with current and future projects (Remote or Telecommute)

* 2-3 Years with Salesforce.com, 4-6 Years in IT/Software Development
    * Knowledge of Salesforce components (Fields, Objects etc.), Visualforce, Apex, S-controls, Workflows
    * Hands-on knowledge of Salesforce APIs and integration methods
    * Strong web development skills including JavaScript, DHTML, HTML, XML, AJAX, PHP

Excellent written and spoken English
Competitive Salary

Please include current resume; current and expected salary; and description or links to projects completed.

Email: kanikab"AT"acutedge.com
  • September 09, 2009