• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I use Salesforce and when I set an appointment in SF, I have the option to "Add to Outlook" (basically sending a .vcs file to my download folder). Once opened, iCal properly asks if I want to add the event to the correct calendar (the only one I have, the Exchange calendar). It seems to import fine, as it shows up in the right time slot, but then won't sync back to the Exchange Server (2007).

I then tried to drag the event in iCal to a different time slot just to test it and the following language appears:

iCal can’t save the event “Test” to the Exchange server.

The account "IRM" (my iCal and Mail account name) currently can’t be modified. To discard your changes and continue using the version of your calendars that’s on the server, click Revert to Server. To save your changes on your computer until the problem is resolved, click Go Offline.

Again, it seems to import fine, but no syncing with Exchange! Apple tech support had no idea how to fix! Any thoughts out there? I'm running the very latest software all around. I would also appreciate any thoughts on better integration between SF and iCal if you have them.  Thanks so much! 

• January 22, 2010

I did a search on this issue and couldn't find and solid results, but is their a way to get the "Salesforce" calendar to somehow sync over-the-air via Exchange? (just downloaded SF3 and am testing SF Enterprise Edition, but desperately want to SF3 to work with our iPhones!)  I will hit the Exchange/iCal forum, but I thought someone here might have run into this issue.

Thanks for any assistance!

• November 19, 2009

Folks;

I would like to find a few folks who would be willing to beta test an iPhone app.

I'm not sure of the protocol for doing this on these discussion boards and I don't want to

abuse the privilge of using these discussions....

Can someone suggest what I might do?

Is this Mac related discussion the best place or is there another more appropriate board to look for iphone users?

Thanks,
Steve