• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have written a controller. It's main task is to fetch current user's email info, then query using that email to extract some data from a custom object. 

for example : 

if current user's email is abc@xyz.com. it will extract some info from custom object A  where some field = "abc@xyz.com"

then it returns the value to VF page . Thats what i am trying to show when a User is logging in(from SiteLogin page).

The visualforce page is working fine and showing exact Current user related values when i am viewing it on developer mode[........./apex / myVFpage ]. But when i am trying to access the page by logging in from siteLogin page some how its not showing the values. Though its showing all other fields which i am directly accessing from the VF page. But its not showing the values that i am returning from controller. I tried debug log, but somehow its not executing the controller code when i am accessing it as portalUser logging in from SiteLogin Page.

Thanx in advance

• January 27, 2011

my force.com website consists of one home page and several sister pages which are linked with home page via html links. i have placed hello{!$User.FirstName} to check whether the authentication process is going ok or no. Now when i am logging in from ....domainname/sitelogin page the control is authenticating me and diverting me to the home page and the home page is showing the proper "Hello-Userfirst name". So far every thing is fine. But after that when ever i am tring to access my link pages the authentication info is getting lost and the pages are showing default guest user profile as loggedin user. Even if i come back to home page again the "Hello-Userfirstname" is showing the guest profile . not the profile i used for logging in. Please Help.

I want to place home page and all sister pages under single authentication. So that after logging in the authentication info carries to the subsequent pages. also kindly guide how could i manually terminate the authentication(how to logoff) session.

thanx

• March 29, 2010

my force.com website consists of one home page and several sister pages which are linked with home page via html links. i have placed hello{!$User.FirstName} to check whether the authentication process is going ok or no. Now when i am logging in from ....domainname/sitelogin page the control is authenticating me and diverting me to the home page and the home page is showing the proper "Hello-Userfirst name". So far every thing is fine. But after that when ever i am tring to access my link pages the authentication info is getting lost and the pages are showing default guest user profile as loggedin user. Even if i come back to home page again the "Hello-Userfirstname" is showing the guest profile . not the profile i used for logging in. Please Help.

I want to place home page and all sister pages under single authentication. So that after logging in the authentication info carries to the subsequent pages. also kindly guide how could i manually terminate the authentication(how to logoff) session.

thanx

• March 29, 2010

I have written a controller. It's main task is to fetch current user's email info, then query using that email to extract some data from a custom object. 

for example : 

if current user's email is abc@xyz.com. it will extract some info from custom object A  where some field = "abc@xyz.com"

then it returns the value to VF page . Thats what i am trying to show when a User is logging in(from SiteLogin page).

The visualforce page is working fine and showing exact Current user related values when i am viewing it on developer mode[........./apex / myVFpage ]. But when i am trying to access the page by logging in from siteLogin page some how its not showing the values. Though its showing all other fields which i am directly accessing from the VF page. But its not showing the values that i am returning from controller. I tried debug log, but somehow its not executing the controller code when i am accessing it as portalUser logging in from SiteLogin Page.

Thanx in advance

• January 27, 2011