• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Basically, I want to created a picklist that lists of all SalesForce users (standard object User) in the New Opportunity form.   I went to Setup/Customize/Opportunities/Fields, and clicked New to created a new custom field name "UserList".  However, there is no option for me to select a User standard object as list values. 

Is there a way I can do this in Apex code or VisualForce?   I am new to this, if possible, please give me the steps.

Thanks,

Hi,

https://na7.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2F003A0000007URtJ&def_contact_id=003A0000007URtJ&def_account_id=001A0000009ufGA&Opportunity__c=Opt1

I am trying to populate a Custom Field name "Opportunity" in Case, but capture the passing parameters on the URL.  The URL above has Opportunity__C=Opt1, so basically, I want to populate "Opt1" value in the custom field name Opportunity in the new Case.

Thank you,

Hi,

I am stuck on this and have no idea how to overcome it.   Hopefully I can get some help here.

Basically,  there is no option to create an new Case from Opportunity Record view (only can create new case from Accounts and Contacts view).   So my goal is to have a button create New Case while viewing an Opportunity Record.   I was able to add a List Button called "New Case", which will jump to the New Case creation page ( create button using setup/customize/Case/Buttons and Links, then customer Opportunities page layout to add this button under Case),.   However, I would like the New Case page also populate (passing the Opportunity variables, maybe)  the Opportunity that I was viewing before I jump to this New Case creation page.  In my New Case creation page, I already have the custom fileld called Opportunity created as Data Type = "Lookup(Opportunity".

Please help,

Thanks,

When I create a new case from Account, it pass then URL string like this so New Case creation page automatically has the Account selected in the text box.

https://na5.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2F0017000000cPwLr&def_account_id=0017000000cPwLr

Is there a way to do samething in for Opportunity? where I can pass the string to New Case creation page and Opportunity automatically show in Opportunity box in New Case creation page?

Thanks,

Hi,

I managed to have a button link in Opportunity Record view to create a New Case using the URL (/500/e?retURL=%2F500%2Fo) for the button. 

Is there any way when I jump to the New Case creation page, it will also populate an Opportunity Name in the Opportunity field?    Example, if I go toe Accounts, view a Account Record, then select New Case, the Case creation page is automatically captured the AccountName since I was creating from Account Record view with this link (/500/e?retURL=%2F001A0000007lVb5&def_account_id=001A0000007lVb5).   any way to do same thing like this from Opporrtunity Record view?

Thanks,

Hi,

Currently, there is no option to create a New Case while viewing an Opportunity record (there is option for New Task and others).   I call tech support already and noticed by default is not possible to create New Case from Opportunity Record.   Is there an way (Apex code?) to modify the Opportunity view to have a "New Case" button to create a new case?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have this query and tested in Setup/System Log/ Execute Apex and it works fine.

SELECT Account.Name, (SELECT Contact.LastName FROM Account.Contacts) FROM Account

However, I plugged this query in my app and it doesn't work.   and it give me this error.

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'account.contacts)' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

If I remove  (SELECT Contact.LastName FROM Account.Contacts), then it works fine.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have this query below, it it works, but I when I looked in the Standard Objects for Opportunity,  I couldn't not find an OpportunityID.  It just have AccountID instead.   Is there a way to select all the fiends in Opportunity and also list the OpportunityID?

select * from opportunity

Thanks,

Steven

Hi,

I am trying to connect to SalesForce using Classic ASP.   I have downloaded the "SForce Office Toolkit.msi" version 4 and installed on my web server.  I attempted to use this code below (found in this forum), but could connect to SalesForce. 

<%
Dim SforceApi
Dim sObject(0)

Set SforceApi = server.CreateObject("SForceOfficeToolkit4.SForceSession4.0")

if SforceApi.Login("mylogin","mypassword_and_securityToken") then
    Set sObject(0) = SforceApi.CreateObject("Lead")

sObject(0).Item("FirstName").value = "Test"
    sObject(0).Item("LastName").value = "Testing"

if SforceApi.Create(sObject,false) then
         Response.Write "Correct insert "
     else
          Response.Write "Error on insert"
     end if
else
     response.Write "login failed"
end if

Set SforceApi = nothing
Set sObject(0) = nothing
%>

Any advice, please?

Hi,

I am new to SalesForce.  I know ASP, VBscript, MSSQL db, and some PHP and MySQL.   I would like to know if there is a way to dump the Account, Contact, Opportunity to a local MSSQL database?   I have been searching for last few days in the forum, but couldn't find any good document show me how to accomblish this.   The biggest thing is I have no clue how to connect to SalesForce data, then query Account, Contact, Opportunity, then after that I know to INSERT those data in the local MSSQL database.

Anyone has example if the VBScript, ASP.... anything would help?

Thanks,

Steven

Hi,

I am reading this page below for ASP.NET developer and trying to follow the page the create this test page.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Force.com_for_ASP.NET_Developers

In this document, it says

"

The process of creating a Web Reference from your ASP.NET application to your Force.com Web Service is similar to creating a Web reference to the Salesforce.com API. First, you must export the WSDL document for the getLeadInfo class. Visit Setup / App Setup / Build and click WSDL (next to getLeadInfo). You will see the XML that describes the Web Service. Save the document to a location on your computer’s hard drive (e.g., c:\getLeadInfo.wsdl).

"

So I selected Setup / App Setup / Develop / API, then click "Generate Enterprise WSDL".  It then generated a XML file.  From this point, I am lost of how to make the getLeadInfo.wsdl file as the document says.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Hi,

I an new to SalesForce. Is there an instruction for .ASPX pages of how to connect to SalesForce?  and a .aspx test page?

Thanks,

Steven

Hi,

I am spending alot of time to figure out how to construct the query to get the result I want in SafesForce, but no luck. 

What I have it

1. From Account, I created an Opportunity.

2. From Opportunity, I created a Case.

3. From Case, I create mutilep Tasks associated with the case.

The result I try to escomblish is listing these fields:

Account, Opportunity, Case, and Tasks.

Account#1, Opt# 1, Case# 1, Task#1

Account#1, Opt# 1, Case# 1, Task#2

Account#1, Opt# 1, Case# 1, Task#3

Account#2, Opt# 2, Case# 2, Task#4

Account#2, Opt# 2, Case# 2, Task#5

I have put together this query, but it only show Account.Name, Opportunity, and Case,  Tasks are not show up since they are not tied to Case (if I created Task from Account, then it will show up in this query, but I need to create it from Case).

select account.Name, (select Opportunity.Name from Account.Opportunities),  (Select CaseNumber from Cases), (select Task.Subject from Tasks)  from Account

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi,

I try to list all the account.Name, Opportunity.Name, CaseNumber, and Tasks that associated with the Case.

I did somethink wrong in my query which only list account.Name, Opportunity.Name, CaseNumber, but NOT tasks. 

select account.Name, (select Opportunity.Name from Account.Opportunities),  (Select CaseNumber from Cases), (select Task.Subject from Tasks)  from Account

Please help,

Hi,

In Eclipse, I select SalesForce.Schema and it has a place where I can put a query and hit Run Me to execute it.  After I execute the query below.   I get the result back with all the columns except column number 5 (Account).   This column is a child column of Opportunity (Opportunity.Account.Name).   All it shows in this column is "Account" value instead of the actual account.  However, when I double-click in each row of Account column, it will pop up a small window "Lookup for Account" and it shows an actual account Name.   Is there a way to make Column Account list the actual account name instead of double-click to show the actual name?   

select name, Amount, ExpectedRevenue,  closedate, Opportunity.Account.Name from Opportunity

Thanks,

Hi,

I am new to Apex and SOQL, and  trying to learn programing.   What I have is this code below in the class

public class opportunityList2Con {
    public ApexPages.StandardSetController setCon {get {
            if(setCon == null) {setCon = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator([select name, Amount, ExpectedRevenue, closedate from Opportunity]));
            }
            return setCon;
        }set;
    }
    public List<Opportunity> getOpportunities() {
         return (List<Opportunity>) setCon.getRecords();
    }
}

Then this code in the page Test1:

<apex:page controller="opportunityList2Con">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opportunities}" var="o">
            <apex:column value="{!o.name}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!o.Amount}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!o.ExpectedRevenue}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!o.closedate}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

So this is pulling a list of Opportunities with some fields.  However, I would like to edit a query to JOIN with other objects CASES and TASKS to pull any cases or tasks/events that associate with the opportunity, but I couldn't figure out the query.   so example I would like to so the Join tables like this in MSSQL or Oracle8.  

Select from op.name, op.amount, c.number, c.subject, a.subject, a.AssignedTo

From Opportunity op, Case c, a.Activity

Where

op.caseID = c.caseID

c.ActivityID = a.ActivityID.

This query example is bad, but I want to use it so you would know what i am trying to accomplish.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Hi,

I am new to salesforce.  I have few questions regarding to add new Task and Event.

Basically, I am looking for an option to create task or event and assign it to a queue (not to individual).   I also would like to capture the Start and End time, and currently Task does not have Start/End time option. 

I know that Task has assign to "Multiple Users", which I can assign specific role, but it will show up in everyone screen if they have a same role.   Also Event does not have this option.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to insert two more fields (Start Time and End Time) in Task, so I can capture the time?

2. Is there a way to assign task to a queue?

3. Or is there a way to assign Event to a queue?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I an new to SalesForce. Is there an instruction for .ASPX pages of how to connect to SalesForce?  and a .aspx test page?

Thanks,

Steven

Hi,

Basically, I want to created a picklist that lists of all SalesForce users (standard object User) in the New Opportunity form.   I went to Setup/Customize/Opportunities/Fields, and clicked New to created a new custom field name "UserList".  However, there is no option for me to select a User standard object as list values. 

Is there a way I can do this in Apex code or VisualForce?   I am new to this, if possible, please give me the steps.

Thanks,

Hi,

https://na7.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2F003A0000007URtJ&def_contact_id=003A0000007URtJ&def_account_id=001A0000009ufGA&Opportunity__c=Opt1

I am trying to populate a Custom Field name "Opportunity" in Case, but capture the passing parameters on the URL.  The URL above has Opportunity__C=Opt1, so basically, I want to populate "Opt1" value in the custom field name Opportunity in the new Case.

Thank you,

When I create a new case from Account, it pass then URL string like this so New Case creation page automatically has the Account selected in the text box.

https://na5.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=%2F0017000000cPwLr&def_account_id=0017000000cPwLr

Is there a way to do samething in for Opportunity? where I can pass the string to New Case creation page and Opportunity automatically show in Opportunity box in New Case creation page?

Thanks,

Hi,

I managed to have a button link in Opportunity Record view to create a New Case using the URL (/500/e?retURL=%2F500%2Fo) for the button. 

Is there any way when I jump to the New Case creation page, it will also populate an Opportunity Name in the Opportunity field?    Example, if I go toe Accounts, view a Account Record, then select New Case, the Case creation page is automatically captured the AccountName since I was creating from Account Record view with this link (/500/e?retURL=%2F001A0000007lVb5&def_account_id=001A0000007lVb5).   any way to do same thing like this from Opporrtunity Record view?

Thanks,

Hi,

Currently, there is no option to create a New Case while viewing an Opportunity record (there is option for New Task and others).   I call tech support already and noticed by default is not possible to create New Case from Opportunity Record.   Is there an way (Apex code?) to modify the Opportunity view to have a "New Case" button to create a new case?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have this query and tested in Setup/System Log/ Execute Apex and it works fine.

SELECT Account.Name, (SELECT Contact.LastName FROM Account.Contacts) FROM Account

However, I plugged this query in my app and it doesn't work.   and it give me this error.

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'account.contacts)' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

If I remove  (SELECT Contact.LastName FROM Account.Contacts), then it works fine.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have this query below, it it works, but I when I looked in the Standard Objects for Opportunity,  I couldn't not find an OpportunityID.  It just have AccountID instead.   Is there a way to select all the fiends in Opportunity and also list the OpportunityID?

select * from opportunity

Thanks,

Steven

Hi,

I am trying to connect to SalesForce using Classic ASP.   I have downloaded the "SForce Office Toolkit.msi" version 4 and installed on my web server.  I attempted to use this code below (found in this forum), but could connect to SalesForce. 

<%
Dim SforceApi
Dim sObject(0)

Set SforceApi = server.CreateObject("SForceOfficeToolkit4.SForceSession4.0")

if SforceApi.Login("mylogin","mypassword_and_securityToken") then
    Set sObject(0) = SforceApi.CreateObject("Lead")

sObject(0).Item("FirstName").value = "Test"
    sObject(0).Item("LastName").value = "Testing"

if SforceApi.Create(sObject,false) then
         Response.Write "Correct insert "
     else
          Response.Write "Error on insert"
     end if
else
     response.Write "login failed"
end if

Set SforceApi = nothing
Set sObject(0) = nothing
%>

Any advice, please?

Hi,

I am new to SalesForce.  I know ASP, VBscript, MSSQL db, and some PHP and MySQL.   I would like to know if there is a way to dump the Account, Contact, Opportunity to a local MSSQL database?   I have been searching for last few days in the forum, but couldn't find any good document show me how to accomblish this.   The biggest thing is I have no clue how to connect to SalesForce data, then query Account, Contact, Opportunity, then after that I know to INSERT those data in the local MSSQL database.

Anyone has example if the VBScript, ASP.... anything would help?

Thanks,

Steven