• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have logged into a free developer edition. I am trying to create sandbox. But the path where the tutorial asks me to go i.e.

Setup Data Management Sandbox I cannot see sandbox. Is there some problem with my access rights.

Thanks

GaganP

Hi,

I want to an app which should target devices like smart phones/ Tablets as well as ios, android, windows, blackberry.

In all these mobiles there the users should see Geolocation, videos.

This is all about my requirement.

I thought of using the html5 files to achieve this functionality. I went through implementation and developer guide. But as I am new to mobile apps I am not able to understand how to create an html5 files for the users for all this mobiles and how to deploye them on the mobiles.

Please help me out from this requirement. It is very urgent

Thanks in advance

Regards

Swathi Siliveri.

• October 25, 2013

Hi,

I do have a doubt regarding Salesforce.com.

Can we develope Games in the Salesforce.com platform?

• August 07, 2013

public class articletemplatectrl
{

public string descp{get;set;}
public boolean errormsg{Get;set;}
public boolean displayfeedback{Get;set;}
public boolean displayclose{get;set;}
public string val{get;set;}
public string faqname{Get;set;}
public string errorname{Get;set;}
public string howtoname{Get;set;}
public string formname{get;set;}
public id aid;
public KnowledgeArticleVersion kv1{get;set;}
public articletemplatectrl (ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController controller)
{
aid=controller.getId();
for(KnowledgeArticleVersion kv:[select id,KnowledgeArticleId,title,articletype,ArticleNumber from KnowledgeArticleVersion where KnowledgeArticleId=:aid and PublishStatus = 'online' and Language = 'en_US' limit 1])
kv1=kv;
if(kv1.articletype=='FAQ__kav')
{
FAQ__kav fk=[select id,Attachment__Name__s,ArticleNumber from FAQ__kav where PublishStatus ='online' and Language = 'en_US' and ArticleNumber=:kv1.articlenumber limit 1];
faqname=fk.Attachment__Name__s;
}

if(kv1.articletype=='Error__kav')
{
Error__kav ek=[select id,Attachment__Name__s,ArticleNumber from Error__kav where PublishStatus ='online' and Language = 'en_US' and ArticleNumber=:kv1.articlenumber limit 1];
errorname=ek.Attachment__Name__s;
}
if(kv1.articletype=='How_To__kav')
{
How_To__kav hk=[select id,Attachment__Name__s,ArticleNumber from How_To__kav where PublishStatus ='online' and Language = 'en_US' and ArticleNumber=:kv1.articlenumber limit 1];
howtoname=hk.Attachment__Name__s;
}
if(kv1.articletype=='Forms__kav')
{
Forms__kav hk=[select id,Attachment__Name__s,ArticleNumber from Forms__kav where PublishStatus ='online' and Language = 'en_US' and ArticleNumber=:kv1.articlenumber limit 1];
formname=hk.Attachment__Name__s;
}
}

public id getaid()
{
return aid;
}
public void feedback()
{
descp='';
displayfeedback=true;

}
public pagereference back()
{
//displayclose=false;
pagereference p= new pagereference('/apex/vfsearch');
return p;
}
public void submit()
{
displayfeedback=false;
displayclose=true;
recordtype r=[select id,name,sobjecttype from recordtype where name=:'Knowledge Articles Feedback' and sobjecttype=:'Article_Feedback__c' limit 1];
try{
if(val!=null || descp!=''){
Article_Feedback__c afeed= new Article_Feedback__c();
afeed.recordtypeid=r.id;
afeed.Comment__c=descp;
afeed.Article_Name__c=kv1.title;
afeed.Was_this_information_is_helpful__c=val;
insert afeed;}
}
Catch(Exception e){}
}

}

Test coverage:

@isTest
private class articletemplatectrlTestClass {
static testMethod void articletemplatemethod(){
Recordtype r= [select id,name,sobjecttype from recordtype where name=:'Internal' and sobjecttype=:'Contact' limit 1];
account a=new account(name='test');
insert a;
contact c= new contact(accountid=a.id,lastname='abc',email='abc@deloitte.com',recordtypeid=r.id);
insert c;
FAQ__kav f= new FAQ__kav(title='test',UrlName='abc');
insert f;
ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController cc= new ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController (f);
articletemplatectrl atc= new articletemplatectrl (cc); // getting error at this point
atc.aid=f.id;
for(KnowledgeArticleVersion kv:[select id,KnowledgeArticleId,title,articletype,ArticleNumber from KnowledgeArticleVersion where KnowledgeArticleId=:f.id and PublishStatus = 'online' and Language = 'en_US' limit 1])
if(kv.articletype=='FAQ__kav')
atc.faqname='test';
atc.getaid();
atc.feedback();
atc.back();
atc.submit();
}
}

Can anyone help me in writting the testcoverage for this class. I am getting attempt de- reference null object error. I tried in different ways but I am not able to resolve it. Please help me out.

Hi,

I have written a visualforce page with the list of articles and deployed on sites.  The user should give the article rating as soon as he found the article. I used <knowledge:articleRendererToolBar> to give ratings but on public sites it is showing blank where as in internal app it is allowing the user to enter the rating.

It is very urgent. Please help me out. 

How can I change the waiting message on Live Agent Chat window as soon as the chat get initiated.

• April 25, 2013

Is there any chat key functionality or chat key api's. Actually, I want to get chat key to post chat form to identify contact information. How can I achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

• April 23, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to write a chatter trigger to repost to an account if it meets a certain criteria ?  

For example: if i post something aboutn # canada in my personal feed or in a group feed, it should automatically reposted to the account feed which is having account name as canada.

I have trigger a trigger on this.

trigger chatterfeed on FeedItem (after insert)
{

set<string> fbody= new set<string>();
for(feedItem f:trigger.new)
{
fbody.add(f.body);
}
List<FeedItem> feedItems = new List<FeedItem>();
list<account> a=[select id,name,ownerId from account ];

for(FeedItem f:trigger.new)
{

for(account ac:a){
if(f.body.contains(ac.name))
{
string s= f.body;
FeedItem fitem = new FeedItem();
fitem.type = 'LinkPost';
fitem.ParentId = ac.id;
system.debug(fitem.parentId+'IIIIIIIIII');
fitem.linkurl='https://ap1.salesforce.com/_ui/core/userprofile/UserProfilePage?u=00590000000NI6s&fId='+f.id;
fitem.Title = 'view';
fitem.Body=s;
system.debug(fitem.body+'BBBBBBBBB');
feedItems.add(fitem);
system.debug(feedItems+'FFFFFFFFf');
}
}
}

if(feedItems.size() > 0) {
try{
Database.insert(feedItems,false);
system.debug(feedItems+'OOOO');}
catch(exception e){}
}
}

I am getting internal salesforce error when I am fetching feetitem body. If I fetch feed Item id it is working fine.

Can anyone pls help me out its very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

• April 08, 2013

Hi,

I am creating visualforce email template for the Knowledge Base articles.  

My intention is to display the description of the article in the body of the email and the files in that article as an attachments to an email. 

I am able to display the description in the email body but I am not able to attachment the file to an email. 

How can I do this? Please help me out. 

Thanks in advance

• February 05, 2013

Hi,

I want to change the color of the live agent end button , save button and end button. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

• December 20, 2012

Hi All,

I am having problem with sites. 

Actually I have created a flow and I am running that flow using the visualforce page on sites. 

The procedure in my flow is: 1. It will check the existing contact. 2.  then we will redirect to another flow screen and 3. form( custom object) record will be created.

I have given form__c object permission for Guest user license on sites and also the fields but as soon as I click on the next button ie., on 2 step I am getting authorization required error. I have check with visualforce page it is going well but I am not able to do it with sites. Can anyone help me in the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Swathi Siliveri

• November 27, 2012

Hi,

I am swathi.  I have developed a flow. I have redirected to another page using finishlocation. I am able to do that but I want to rename the finish label to next because it is not the end point of the flow. So, how can I rename the flow finish label as Next on flows in visualforce page.

• November 07, 2012

Hi All,

I have create a flow and embeded in the visualforce page. I have created an outputpanel with some picklist values in the same visualforce page. I am rendering the outputpanel when formid is not null. As soon as the formid created ie., not null the outputpanel is tracking to all the flow pages from that point. How can I display the outpupanel only in one particular flow page it should not track to another pages. Please help me out it very urgent.

This is my code:

<flow:interview name="flow_test" interview="{!myflow}"   buttonStyle="btn" >

</flow:interview>
 <apex:form >
 <apex:outputpanel rendered="{!(FormId!=null)}" >
 <b>  Category Selection 1 </b> <apex:inputField value="{!f.Level_1__c}"/><br/>
<b>Category Selection 2 </b> <apex:inputfield value="{!f.Level_2__c}">
</apex:inputfield><br/>
<b> Category Selection 3</b>  <apex:inputfield value="{!f.Level_3__c}">
</apex:inputfield>
 </apex:outputpanel>
</apex:form>

public class flowctrl{
public Flow.Interview.flow_test myflow {get;set;}
public string FormId;
public string cid;
public form__c f{get;set;}
public String getFormId() {
        if(myflow!=null)
                formId=myflow.va_emailid;
            return FormId;
    }

}

Hi,

I have problem with sites in sfdc. I have enabled all  pages and controllers in the site and given all permissions for  objects. But my page is not opening. It is giving me an error authorization required. Can you please help me. Thanks in advance

• April 24, 2012

Hi All,

I want to insert the record automatically as soon as the page is loaded with on inputfield or inputtext without using save button.

Help me please.

Thanks in advance.

• September 24, 2011

Hi,

I am getting problem in flex, when I am comparing the salesforce created date with flex date. I want to query the accounts based on the createddate from salesforce into flex but the format of salesforce date and flex date or different. I tried using conversions but didn't find the solution. Please help me if anyboday knows the solution.

Example: salesforce format: 2008-01-25T06:14:23Z and flex format: Thu Aug 25 00:00:00 GMT+0530 2011

I want to compare this two format.  Please help me out it's very urgent.

• August 27, 2011

Hi,

I have written a visualforce page with the list of articles and deployed on sites.  The user should give the article rating as soon as he found the article. I used <knowledge:articleRendererToolBar> to give ratings but on public sites it is showing blank where as in internal app it is allowing the user to enter the rating.

Hi,

I want to change the color of the live agent end button , save button and end button. Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

• December 20, 2012
I am trying to use the metadata webservice API in order to determine which columns are on List Views and Search Layouts for a custom or out of box object. However, the response I get from the web service has the column names in an unusual format like this,

<listViews>
	<fullName>crmc_grid__AllContacts</fullName>
	<columns>ACCOUNT.NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.FIRST_NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.LAST_NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS2_STATE</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS2_COUNTRY</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.REPORTS_TO.NAME</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.ADDRESS1_CITY</columns>
	<columns>CONTACT.EMAIL</columns>
	<columns>crmc_grid__Level__c</columns>
	<filterScope>Everything</filterScope>
	<label>All Contacts</label>
</listViews>
My question is how can I then use these a-typical column names to reliably and generically detect which SOQL fields are being displayed? In most cases it seems like removing the hyphens would translate to the SOQL schema name, however there is no Address1 or Address2 fields on the Contact table and they correspond to the Mailing and the Other address instead. Is there some other API for mapping these field names to field metadata or schema names? If this can't be done then what usefulness is there to the ListView metadata?

Thanks,
Bailey

Hi,

I do have a doubt regarding Salesforce.com.

Can we develope Games in the Salesforce.com platform?

• August 07, 2013

Hi,

Hi,

I am trying to write a chatter trigger to repost to an account if it meets a certain criteria ?  

For example: if i post something aboutn # canada in my personal feed or in a group feed, it should automatically reposted to the account feed which is having account name as canada.

I have trigger a trigger on this.

trigger chatterfeed on FeedItem (after insert)
{

set<string> fbody= new set<string>();
for(feedItem f:trigger.new)
{
fbody.add(f.body);
}
List<FeedItem> feedItems = new List<FeedItem>();
list<account> a=[select id,name,ownerId from account ];

for(FeedItem f:trigger.new)
{

for(account ac:a){
if(f.body.contains(ac.name))
{
string s= f.body;
FeedItem fitem = new FeedItem();
fitem.type = 'LinkPost';
fitem.ParentId = ac.id;
system.debug(fitem.parentId+'IIIIIIIIII');
fitem.linkurl='https://ap1.salesforce.com/_ui/core/userprofile/UserProfilePage?u=00590000000NI6s&fId='+f.id;
fitem.Title = 'view';
fitem.Body=s;
system.debug(fitem.body+'BBBBBBBBB');
feedItems.add(fitem);
system.debug(feedItems+'FFFFFFFFf');
}
}
}

if(feedItems.size() > 0) {
try{
Database.insert(feedItems,false);
system.debug(feedItems+'OOOO');}
catch(exception e){}
}
}

I am getting internal salesforce error when I am fetching feetitem body. If I fetch feed Item id it is working fine.

Can anyone pls help me out its very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

• April 08, 2013

Hi,

I am creating visualforce email template for the Knowledge Base articles.  

My intention is to display the description of the article in the body of the email and the files in that article as an attachments to an email. 

I am able to display the description in the email body but I am not able to attachment the file to an email. 

How can I do this? Please help me out. 

Thanks in advance

• February 05, 2013

Hi All,

I am having problem with sites. 

Actually I have created a flow and I am running that flow using the visualforce page on sites. 

The procedure in my flow is: 1. It will check the existing contact. 2.  then we will redirect to another flow screen and 3. form( custom object) record will be created.

I have given form__c object permission for Guest user license on sites and also the fields but as soon as I click on the next button ie., on 2 step I am getting authorization required error. I have check with visualforce page it is going well but I am not able to do it with sites. Can anyone help me in the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Swathi Siliveri

• November 27, 2012

Hi,

I have problem with sites in sfdc. I have enabled all  pages and controllers in the site and given all permissions for  objects. But my page is not opening. It is giving me an error authorization required. Can you please help me. Thanks in advance

• April 24, 2012

Hi,

I have a custom button created and i am calling a VF page to open in new window. I have also the window properites set up. I have unchecked the field 'Show Address bar " in "Window properties". But the new page still shows the address bar.

Does anyone have the same problem? Or am i doing something wrong?

Width (in pixels)265
Height (in pixels)300
*Window PositionNo Preference
Resizeableunchecked
Show Address Barunchecked
Show Scrollbars unchecked
Show Toolbars unchecked
Show Menu Bar unchecked
Show Status Bar checked
  • January 10, 2012

Hi All,

I want to insert the record automatically as soon as the page is loaded with on inputfield or inputtext without using save button.

Help me please.

Thanks in advance.

• September 24, 2011

hi
i am stuck at very basic thing

if i am writing any query related to count i get null in count field

for example
select leadsource, count(id) Ce  from lead group by leadsource

returns
Leadsource    Ce
web                   ----
Phone               ---

where it should retrun count number

same with any other query

select Count(id) from account

or

SELECT COUNT(Id), COUNT(CampaignId)
FROM Opportunity

all blank no count numbers
please help

Hi,

I have logged into a free developer edition. I am trying to create sandbox. But the path where the tutorial asks me to go i.e.

Setup Data Management Sandbox I cannot see sandbox. Is there some problem with my access rights.

Thanks

GaganP

I want to insert OpportunityContactRole into an existing Opportunity in a controller extended from opportunity standard controller.

Below is my code:

/* Set CampaignId */
opportunity.CampaignId = sCampaignId;

OpportunityContactRole oppContactRole = new OpportunityContactRole(ContactId=sId, OpportunityId=opportunity.Id, IsPrimary=false, Role='Economic Decision Maker');

insert oppContactRole;

stdController.save();

After I insert oppContactRole, it has ID but I can not access this object and it is not displayed in opportunities contact roles list after the whole action is over. There is no any exception throwed.

BTW: I can update or delete the existing opportunity's OpportunityContactRole.

• March 15, 2011

Hi ,

I haave a requirement when i populate 3 picklist hierarchical using code. Its working fine but i get duplicates.

Example :   xyz

xyz

abc

My code to populate one of the picklist is given below. This gets the elements from a field in the object and i get the value from it by iterating. My issue is i need to eliminate duplicates.

public List<selectOption> getLanguageList() {

List<selectOption> options = new List<selectOption>();

for (List<NKJ_EmailTemp_Classify__c> listMapping : [select Language__c
                                                               from NKJ_EmailTemp_Classify__c 
                                                               where Certificate_Brand__c = :selectedBrand])

{
           for (NKJ_EmailTemp_Classify__c obj:  listMapping) {
               options.add(new selectOption(obj.Language__c, obj.Language__c));
           }

}
            system.debug(options);
            return options ;             
      }

Note >> Blue are my custom objects where i select and in the innerloop i iterate over the fields to generate by options list.

• March 09, 2011

Hi all,

I have written the url rewriter class to construct friendly urls for cmsforce. But i am not able to use some other field except page name to get the final url. I have used a text field url name in page object to get the final url.

Please see my code below and let me know if i am missing something !

global class myurlrewriter implements Site.UrlRewriter {

//Variables to represent the friendly URLs for pages assuming 3 account managers
 String DIRECTORY = '/internal/';

//Variables to represent my custom Visualforce pages that display page information

String VISUALFORCE_PAGE = '/page?pageid=';

// The first global method for mapping external URL to an internal one

global PageReference mapRequestUrl(PageReference myFriendlyUrl){

String url = myFriendlyUrl.getUrl();

if(url.startsWith(DIRECTORY)){

String name = url.substring(DIRECTORY.length(),url.length());

//Select the ID of the page that matches the name from the URL

Page__c site_page = [select id,PageTemplate__r.id  from Page__c where name =:name LIMIT 1];

//Construct a new page reference in the form of my Visualforce page

return new PageReference(VISUALFORCE_PAGE + site_page.id+'&tempid='+site_page.PageTemplate__r.id);

}

//If the URL isn't in the form of a cmsforce page, continue with the request

return null;

}

// The second global method for mapping internal Ids to URLs

global List<PageReference> generateUrlFor(List<PageReference> mySalesforceUrls){

//A list of pages to return after all the links have been evaluated

List<PageReference> myFriendlyUrls = new

List<PageReference>();

for(PageReference mySalesforceUrl : mySalesforceUrls){

//Get the URL of the page

String url = mySalesforceUrl.getUrl();

//If this looks like a page that needs to be mapped, transform it

if(url.startsWith(VISUALFORCE_PAGE)){

//Extract the ID from the query parameter

String id= url.substring(VISUALFORCE_PAGE.length(), url.length());

//Query for the name of the cmsforce page to put in the URL

Page__c site_page2 = [select url_name__c from Page__c where id =:id LIMIT 1];

//Construct the new URL

myFriendlyUrls.add(new PageReference(DIRECTORY+ site_page2.url_name__c));

}  

else {

//If this doesn't start like an cmsforce page, don't do any transformations

myFriendlyUrls.add(mySalesforceUrl);

}

}

//Return the full list of pages

return myFriendlyUrls;

}

}

Hi,

I am experimenting with generating APEX classes from WSDL, and I ran into an error when SF parse the WSDL. I am new to SF, can some guru please shed some enlightenments on what this error is about? Very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Error: Failed to parse wsdl: Unsupported Schema element found http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:attributeGroup.

I have created a new custom object as "Automobile__c"

for the same object i have created a page and a controller to insert new record in to the same.

Visualforce Page:

<apex:page Controller="VolunteerRegisterContr" > <apex:sectionHeader title="Customer Opportunity" subtitle="Step 1"/> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Customer Information" mode="edit"> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save" immediate="true"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Registration"/> <table> <tr><td> <apex:outputLabel >Name</apex:outputLabel></td><td> <apex:inputField id="accountName" value="{!auto.Last_Name__c}" required="false" /></td></tr> <tr><td><apex:outputLabel >Street</apex:outputLabel> </td><td> <apex:inputField id="accountSite" value="{!auto.Street__c}"/></td></tr> <tr><td> <apex:outputLabel >Organization Name</apex:outputLabel> </td><td><apex:inputField id="contactFirstName" value="{!auto.Organization__c}"/></td> </tr><tr><td> <apex:outputLabel >Education</apex:outputLabel> </td> <td> <apex:inputField id="contactLastName" value="{!auto.Education__c}"/></td></tr></table> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

Class

Public class VolunteerRegisterContr{ public ApexPages.StandardController controller; //Public Account acc{get; set;} Public Automobile__c auto{get; set;} Public String aName {get; set;} Public String aManufactureNamec {get; set;} Public String aLName {get; set;} Public String aStreet {get; set;} Public String aEdu {get; set;} public VolunteerRegisterContr(ApexPages.StandardController Controller) { auto=(Automobile__c)Controller.getRecord(); this.controller=Controller; } public VolunteerRegisterContr(){} public PageReference Save() { insert auto; return null; } }

Hi,

I am developing a flex component to get all the fields of a salesforce object, I use DescribeSobject  function to access the meta data.

Althought I am stuck at a place, from the server I get all the data into an array called fields, but I cannot get the fields out of the array for displaying. Can someone tell me what is wrong???

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="vertical" 
    color="#1b0d78"    paddingTop="10" paddingRight="10" paddingLeft="10" paddingBottom="10"
     backgroundColor="#CAFFBC"
     xmlns:salesforce="http://www.salesforce.com/"
     applicationComplete="login();"     
      >
      <mx:Script>
          <![CDATA[
              import com.salesforce.results.DescribeSObjectResult;
              import mx.logging.LogEventLevel;
               import mx.logging.LogEvent;
              import mx.managers.PopUpManager;
              import mx.validators.ValidationResult;
              import mx.controls.dataGridClasses.DataGridColumn;
             import mx.utils.ObjectProxy;
              import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
              import mx.logging.Log;
              import mx.utils.ObjectUtil;
              import mx.controls.Alert;    
            import com.salesforce.results.Field;           
            import com.salesforce.events.*;
              import com.salesforce.objects.*;
              import com.salesforce.*;

private function login():void {

var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest(    {
            username : '<username>',             // put your own info here to test standalone
            password : '<password>',            // put your own info here to test standalone   
            callback : new AsyncResponder(function (result:Object):void
                {     describeSObjects();
                    //ta.text = "Login successful:\n" + ObjectUtil.toString(result);
                    //loginButton.enabled = false;
                } )
            } );

Util.debug(this, 'apex.login ( ' +ObjectUtil.toString(lr) +'\n);' );   
        apex.login(lr);
    }

// handy for debugging soap messages
    private function sendRequestListener(event:SendEvent):void {
        XML.prettyIndent = 4;
        XML.prettyPrinting = true;
        var x:XML = new XML(event.soapRequest);
        soapLog.text = x.toString();
    }

private function describeSObjects():void
      {
          // this call can take one or more object names to describe in full
          apex.describeSObject("Account",new AsyncResponder(describeSObjects_CB, genericFault));
      }

private function describeSObjects_CB(result:DescribeSObjectResult):void
      {
             //ta.text = 'describeSObjects_CB Result\n' + ObjectUtil.toString(result[0].Field);
             //var fields:ArrayCollection=result[0].fields;                
             if (!(result == null)) {
            // Iterate through the fields to get properties for each field
            trace(result.fields+"=="+result.length);
            var fields:Array=result.fields as Array;
            for(var i:int=0;i<fields.length;i++){
              var field:Field=fields[i]; //The value returned in null here.

ta.text+=field.label;
            }
    }
   }

private function genericFault(fault:Object):void
        {
        //ta.text = 'fault from operation: ' + ObjectUtil.toString(fault);
        }
          ]]>
      </mx:Script>      
     <salesforce:Connection id="apex" sendRequest="sendRequestListener(event)"/>
     <mx:Label text="ActionScript Objects" fontWeight="bold" fontFamily="Courier New" fontSize="12"/>
        <mx:TextArea width="100%" height="100%" id="ta" cornerRadius="5"/>
      <mx:Label text="Soap Log" fontWeight="bold" fontFamily="Courier New" fontSize="12"/>
      <mx:TextArea id="soapLog" width="100%" height="100%" cornerRadius="5"/>
    <mx:DataGrid id="dgGrid">
        <mx:columns>
            <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="label"/>
        </mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>

</mx:Application>

I am using Flex toolkit version R3.1 and am never seeing anything in the describeSObjectResult.fields property for either a native or custom object. Other properties show up fine but the fields property, while not null, always has a length of 0.

Also, the ObjectUtil.toString() utility function shows the fields.

Code:
private function describeSObjectsSample():void {

apex.describeSObjects(["Contact", "KAILEA__change__c"], 
      new AsyncResponder(describeSObjects2, genericFault));
}

private function describeSObjects2(describeSObjectResults:Array):void {
  for (var i:int=0; i<describeSObjectResults.length; i++) {
    describeSObject2(describeSObjectResults[i]);
  }
}    

private function describeSObject2(describeSObjectResult:DescribeSObjectResult):void {
  var objectName:String = describeSObjectResult.name;

Alert.show("Object name: " + objectName
    + ", createable: " + describeSObjectResult.createable
    + ", queryable: " + describeSObjectResult.queryable
    + ", updateable: " + describeSObjectResult.updateable
    + ", custom: " + describeSObjectResult.custom
    );

Alert.show("toString(): " + ObjectUtil.toString(describeSObjectResult));

var fields:Array = describeSObjectResult.fields;
    Alert.show("describeSObject2() have fields? " + (fields != null));
    Alert.show("describeSObject2() fields.length: " + fields.length);
    for (var f:int=0; f<fields.length; f++) {